Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Dungeon maps and spam filter

Karl

27th May 2009 - Dungeon maps and spam filter

Ever since we launched the world map there have been suggestions that dungeons should be incorporated into it. As Mod Ash pointed out in his world map update Development Diary, this was not as easy as it sounds, but we think it was worth the effort, and will make navigation underground easier. Also, you can now toggle the You Are Here button on and off, in case it obscures information on the world map you want to read, and the search feature on the world map has been improved so you can find the places you search for more easily.

Our next update is a spam filter, which will relieve your chat window from repeated messages such as “you swing your pick at the rock”. We trawled through the principal skill-training activities and flagged over 2,700 messages that will now be filtered out as spam. To activate this function, just right-click on the game tab under the chat window and select “filter game”. Don’t worry about missing out on important feedback from the game; messages like “you are horribly burnt by the dragon’s fire” (in case you are fighting dragons without the proper equipment) will still get through.

We have made graphical improvements to the leprechauns, hitsplats, and the Hitpoint bar - just a few of the graphical improvements that we continue to do alongside updates to the game. You might also notice that the Hitpoint bars of monsters with more than 200 Hitpoints have been extended, but don’t worry - they haven’t been given any more Hitpoints! This is just to help you see more clearly how many Hitpoints a monster you’re fighting has. The leprechauns have also been moved closer to their Farming patches.

Last but not least we have made a change to the free world by removing most of the options that lead to members-only content, such as pickpocketing, agility shortcuts, members’ quests and more, in order to make the free game what it should be: a great game in its own right, and not a demo for the members’ game. None of these features will be removed from the members’ game, however.

Enjoy, whether as a free player or a member.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

I must say how much I hate the new HP bar. Completely throws me off when PKing - I'm way too used to the old HP bar to judge when to eat, as well as using opponents HP bar to sort of judge when I need to switch...

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

Dungeon Maps and the Spam Filter are nice additions I think.

The HP bar is ridiculous, I hate it.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

Dungeon Maps and the Spam Filter are nice additions I think.

The HP bar is ridiculous, I hate it.

Your right it's kind of hard to switch.

HP bar isn't bad for PK'ing it's easier to interpret what HP you're on since it's bigger.

Dungeon maps are ftw.

Well your never know your a beast :3

The HP bars are ok, prefer the other ones, but the dungeon maps are an excellent addition.

The Dungeon map's ok I guess they alway's been fair to me but the Hp thing is not flying it's kina lame.

12440293.png

You'll get used to it I think; (the new hp bar) Usually you just switch when people are at around 1/4 of their bar; it shouldn't be much different and in fact should be easier to tell when they're at that much.

I, for one, didn't like having someone being 'redbarred' on 3hp. It just got annoying.

Omni is my one. My only.

You'll get used to it I think; (the new hp bar) Usually you just switch when people are at around 1/4 of their bar; it shouldn't be much different and in fact should be easier to tell when they're at that much.

I, for one, didn't like having someone being 'redbarred' on 3hp. It just got annoying.

I redbarred on 3 with the old bar lol. BTW I've changed my opinion of the HP bar, it isn't so bad now

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...