Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

American Auto Industry

Tyler

How do you feel about it?

I cba to type what I just typed up before my Mozilla crashed. I'll reply to others posts agreeing/disagreeing with what they have to say.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

• 1 month later...

I feel like I'm forced to purchase a company at the point of a gun and will reap no apparent benefit other than the enlightenment that we're really just a bunch of willing slaves.

Muse-1.gif
She burns like the sun, and I can't look away.

My opinion might be different than a lot of peoples, because I've grown up a Union supporting household, as my dad works at Chrysler.

I'll reply to posts from now on.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

Go to Japan then.

That's an incredibly naive statement. Most Japanese brand cars that we drive in the United States are made in US factories by non-union workers... and they're successful. The unions are sucking the American brand automotive companies dry. They get paid ridiculous salaries with unheard of benefits for doing simple, unskilled labor jobs on an assembly line.

This is the contract between Ford and the UAW:

UAW_Ford_Contract.jpg

See anything wrong with that? I do. It's twice the size of the ******* Coke can.

-----------

Anyway, for the sake of all that is good and capitalism, let the failing companies die. Other companies that are successful will move in to fill the niche and the world will keep turning. And I will be able to keep more of my own money.

Muse-1.gif
She burns like the sun, and I can't look away.

I have to agree with Skandran.

It would be nice for everyone to feel confident in buying the American made vehicles but the quality that the American companies are producing is very low in my opinion and many of others.

It sucks to be reliant on foreign good and I'm all for producing our own goods in the US but quality has to come with.

That's an incredibly naive statement. Most Japanese brand cars that we drive in the United States are made in US factories by non-union workers... and they're successful. The unions are sucking the American brand automotive companies dry. They get paid ridiculous salaries with unheard of benefits for doing simple, unskilled labor jobs on an assembly line.

This is the contract between Ford and the UAW:

UAW_Ford_Contract.jpg

See anything wrong with that? I do. It's twice the size of the ******* Coke can.

-----------

Anyway, for the sake of all that is good and capitalism, let the failing companies die. Other companies that are successful will move in to fill the niche and the world will keep turning. And I will be able to keep more of my own money.

The Japanese cars that we drive today, Toyota for example, are made in America, as a final assembly, which each factory of Toyota's 4 in America of final assembling houses about 500 jobs, as machines do most of the work.

4*500 = 2000

The Chrysler plant where I live which makes PARTS, not assembly has more jobs in it then Toyota does in America, and we have are at a very low ammount of workers, it used to supply 11000 jobs where I live...

I have to agree with Skandran.

It would be nice for everyone to feel confident in buying the American made vehicles but the quality that the American companies are producing is very low in my opinion and many of others.

It sucks to be reliant on foreign good and I'm all for producing our own goods in the US but quality has to come with.

We're relying on foreign cars because we read about them producing quality, if you'd bought a GM recently, which are some nice cars, you'd realize you can't use that statement at all anymore.

How is a Chrysler or Ford not quality anyways?

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

I don't know much about it but my step-dad is in a high position in a business that makes parts and stuff for GM and they have been really slow lately. Actually, they just started picking back up.

tumblr_lxryz7QHLZ1qdmlvgo1_250.gif
1xtpx76.png
uhazfq.png17z6g33.png

Also, the new contract that Chrysler has signed to stay in business, with its now foreign owners, has put my dad in a **** whole, causing him to with draw unemployment from excessive amounts of time being laid off. Which your tax money pays for, so keep buying them *** cars, and keep supporting my family.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

I think we all just need to buy a gun,

And wait.

Funny you should say that, guns sales have recently spiked dramatically and comparably to the spike seen after 9/11/01

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

Funny you should say that, guns sales have recently spiked dramatically and comparably to the spike seen after 9/11/01

Along with ammunition. It's at an all time high. The weapon industry is one thing that is doing amazing at the moment. :D

TBH, I think this was going to be the first huge thing gone wrong. I mean with rising gas prices and overall debt people do not have the money to go and just buy cars. They are sticking with what they have.

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png