Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Bounty Worlds (+1 Item)

Karl

17th July 2009 - Bounty Worlds (+1 Item)

With the recent disabling of Protect Item prayers on PvP Worlds, a lot of players feel that we had rendered their high-value weapons (godswords and dragon claws, in particular) worthless. While no changes had been made to the weapons themselves, the amount of wealth you had to risk in order to use those weapons was considered prohibitively high.

We obviously don’t want you to feel like your investment is wasted; we appreciate how much work some of you have put into getting those items! But, we also don’t want to undo changes that we feel are good for PKing as whole.

So, we’ve come up with a way of hopefully achieving both goals. Today we are introducing a new type of Bounty World. These ‘+1 item’ worlds still won’t allow you to use the Protect Item prayer, but, instead, everyone will always keep their most valuable item protected.

On these worlds, to gain drop potential you (as usual) have to be risking 75k (or 25k on a free world). Because you always keep your most valuable item on these worlds, this means you have to risk 75k of items in ADDITION to your always-protected item.

This has the following advantages:

a) It still achieves our original intentions of making it harder to gain drop potential and participate in rewarding combat without actually really risking something;

B) It stops high-value weapons being made worthless and still maintains that type of gameplay for people who enjoy it;

c) Conversely, people who feel the new, more powerful weapons unbalanced PKing, without any risk to the wielder, have a different type of world that they can enjoy too.

NOTE - Our ISP issues have meant that world 32, the planned +1 item Bounty World for free players, is not currently available. We sincerely apologise and hope to get this world back online as soon as possible.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Guest Benjamin

HUH Jagex are starting to get smart ^^ whats going on they usually crash severs and destroy peoples moral when they bring out an update lol

Guest Benjamin

Karl, to be honest I am not surprised. It seems with each update they bring out they manage to mess something up. I can't think of a time they have not messed up when doing an major update.

so that means you still get 1 itemers :( shame, they need to come up with a way to get rid of them

257oqdz.png

Proud Ex-Dv Co Leader ~~0wnage__pks~~

R o y al

99/99 Range
94/99 Mage
98/99 Str
75/75 Atk
89/99 hp

I disagree with the whole thing.

That's about it.

On top of that, with the 20 or so offline worlds, quite a few had a maximum of 50 players or so lol.

pg0j18.gif

[@riggz] streetzafk the eop spy who deleted eop forums

FATAL GANG

www.MM-RS.org

Agreed Michelle.

This update was completely ridiculous... Tho I hate Range/2hers who pray.

Anyways just enjoy it :P

geo.png
The Golden Gods
Interitus
Mayhem Makers
^Will always be in my heart.

Pures, missing since late '08.

NTY, I like it that you dont have to worry about being smited, but so much for no skulling.

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

It would of been easier just to of kept everything the way it was tbh -.- But this is Jagex trying their "best" to make the game more fun for all. -.- I wish they would stop trying.