Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Looking back

Milky

As you look back at your clanning career, or Runescape career in general, eventually you’re going to start questioning yourself about what you’ve learned from this entire experience that could be applied in real life, which I’ve been doing. A lot of people I’ve talked to about this seem to think there isn’t much to learn from this game, but after thinking deeply about it I came to the conclusion that there is more to it. My question for you is;

“Looking back at your Runescape career, what have you learned from clanning, interacting with other players, and the actual game?”

I came to realize how much discrimination plays a role in relation to association. The clan you are a member of, the cape you wear, the tag beside your IRC nick, are all reason enough for someone to think less of you without fully knowing you. Reason enough to make assumptions without any supporting evidence or facts, because you're being told by influential players what to think.

The fact that a clan can be held accountable for the actions of an individual, and vice versa.

The fact that almost 100% of the time, a clan and its members are unfairly judged by it's competitors, regardless of what can be argued, which leads me to understand how clan-related arguments are generally a waste of time, regardless of any interests you're trying to uphold or defend.

As for me personally; the clan community has helped me realize my personal strengths and weaknesses that can't be determined with real life. I've learned that contrary to popular belief, the Internet is a good way of learning about people in general, even if you aren't in visual contact with them. Even though I live in a multi-cultural community, I’ve learned so much about other cultures around the world through clanning. I’ve learned how to deal with over 100 teenagers in a single day and keep them organized, motivated, happy, as well as how I operate under stress.

Anyways, enough of my textwalls. I’m looking forward to seeing everybody's replies.

bestleader.jpg

120409005449.png

xwdIz.png

4yVer.png

bestwarlord.png

WE81x.gif

qOY7v.png

FAX2J.png

Clanning has taught me one thing, it is easy to flame someone you don't know but once you get to know them you find out they are actually pretty cool, it's like people who are racist they usually have never met someone who is the race that they hate.

Proud Ex @High Council of EoP

I've definitely learned a ton from clanning, despite my rather short stint and never really being involved with any of the 'big' clans. The thing with diversity is definitely true...being able to accept that people have significant differences, and don't necessarily have the same interests as you do in terms of where you want the clan to go. With the clans that I was ranked in, I definitely remember not seeing eye to eye with some of the staff, and as a result getting irked off and starting unnecessary drama over it. Looking back, I wish I would have handled that stuff more maturely, adapting to and working through those differences rather than starting heated arguments over them.

Clanning has taught me one thing, it is easy to flame someone you don't know but once you get to know them you find out they are actually pretty cool, it's like people who are racist they usually have never met someone who is the race that they hate.

This is definitely true as well, and I can personally relate with that stupid hateful drama between M and VO back then. There was an actual legitimate hate with that; both clans were flaming the other to no end, calling each other "scum" and other degrading things, etc.. Yet 2 years later I come back on to check on how my old buddies are doing, and what do you know, there's a load of ex-VO in M, and they get along just fine. There was never really any major differences between the 2, both clans were just way too quick in making assumptions about the other. I mean its cool to have rivalries and all, but all that hateful **** just doesn't belong.

You got that spunk, sweetheart!

The Big Hundo.

Well, looking back at the brief clan experiences I've had so far, I've seen my own past reflected in many of those active kids. Whenever I log in, I'm 15 again with way too much spare time.

It's for nostalgic purposes I do this.

bestspammer.png
b55tdw.pngsd4uf.png
-Proud to have been a member of Enigma
-Proud to have been a member of Negative since 23-1-2011
-Proud to have been Malice in Wonderland since 17-7-2011
-Proud to be #NME. Last clan I'll rock since 8-9-2011

that the pure community has always been a shithole, it's not any worse now than it was in 2007.

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

Very nice topic and to be honest I agree with most of what you said.

"The fact that almost 100% of the time, a clan and its members are unfairly judged by it's competitors, regardless of what can be argued, which leads me to understand how clan-related arguments are generally a waste of time, regardless of any interests you're trying to uphold or defend."

From experience this is actually true and sometimes funny when people who don't even know you judge you by what another clan says. In my eyes most members of other clans are like mindless drones who would blatantly take in information of there predecessors instead of thinking, and standing for themselves to come to a true conclusion about a person. Also most of this has to do with the maturity of most people which sad to say is embarrassing for some clans when you try having a intelligent conversation.

I go into a lot of team speaks throughout the day when I am bored, and it's funny when members/ranks of other clans hear my voice for the first time. I remember when I went into EOP's ts and a lot of your members were freaked out because they didn't know how to act around me. The funny thing is the first thing most of them did was try to flame me expecting me to be some spastic, but after few minutes we were able to have real conversations about anything in a civilised manner.

LOL! Who still plays this game

couldnt agree more

Proud civilian of Cake Town

thunderbannerbh1.jpg

Well said Milky. I believe some of us get a lil bit too carried away on this game and on PW. Remember, we are all pures, turm, or w/e.

Any way, I've learnt a lot over the 2 years of my clanning experience. I've made a ton of new friends. I've also learnt not to judge a book by it's cover (book meaning the members and cover meaning the clan's name.)

Ex Council of Simple Kill

Ex Proud Member of Destructive Pures

Current High Council Of Fatality

Fatality-thepureleites.png

#Fatality

NEW SITE: http://www.clan-fi.com/forums/

So true I used to hate u untill I got to know u :)

32zq2aw.png

Voted BEST PURE CLAN 2 YEARS STRAIGHT - RSC

which leads me to understand how clan-related arguments are generally a waste of time, regardless of any interests you're trying to uphold or defend.

and we have a winner

If its taught me anything its how to deal with different types of people, how to manage the idiots, and get the best out of the few with brain cells.

tmapw.png

Agree with most of the stuff in here. People flame others just because of the clan cape they wear. From experience, I've learned that this situation is applied EVERYDAY to other real world scenarios.

omg he hangs out with THOSE PEOPLE?

he's in THAT FRATERNITY?

he plays THAT SPORT??

he goes to THAT COLLEGE??

All essentially the same thing. It's prejudice. We have laws to try and control it, but it is something that will never be fully removed from society.

--~~=PROUD TO HAVE NEVER PAID JAGEX A SINGLE CENT=~~--

thenamesb0ndsigbylianqt5.gif

Two pretty practical things I learned that I'm going to do in the future and present is not just typing faster when talking in IRC but also as a leader making your members feel happy and having responsibilities to do something just like a supervisor or boss has irl.

It has also taught me what phishes, RAT's and other bad stuff is lol

ddcj3.png
2hp6nbs.gif

Corrupt Pures CrownLeader.gif[supreme Elder]
Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com

Runescape (specifically pure clanning) teaches you alot of skills that you don't even really notice.

A big one is money management, although it's fake money. It's still a skill.

Like the OP said, dealing with people, and people being prejudice for no reason. Just another skill that is taught that is easily over-looked.

Although this one doesn't really apply to myself; another one that noone really notices, is that speaking on TS/Vent can help younger kids with things like stage fright. Essentially calling in TS with 30+ people listening might as well be the same thing as giving a presentation for your class.

Another good one is controlling your anger. You learn when to get mad, and when to just say **** it when it comes to stupid things.

I'm sure there is a billion more, this game teaches you alot without you really noticing it.

qlmSOQW.png