Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Observers speak up

I_Sh00t_U_I

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game's not fun, a lot of you do anything to just post a win on here, new kids can't step up to lead clans because half are 12, a lot of the old guys are leaving, losing more people than we gain every year.

GL tackling these

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif

Game's not fun, a lot of you do anything to just post a win on here, new kids can't step up to lead clans because half are 12, a lot of the old guys are leaving, losing more people than we gain every year.

GL tackling these

why are all of your posts so negative recently

WECV7.png
npbnw.png

Ban all armour besides monk robes/wizzy stuff in F2P and 1 def gear in p2p. Make all your 30 def guys train up new accounts that don't go over 10 def. Voila, we're pure again.

I was going to recruit you into NME with that attitude but someone beat me to it.

bestspammer.png
b55tdw.pngsd4uf.png
-Proud to have been a member of Enigma
-Proud to have been a member of Negative since 23-1-2011
-Proud to have been Malice in Wonderland since 17-7-2011
-Proud to be #NME. Last clan I'll rock since 8-9-2011

GL tackling these

Well see :thumbsup:

Current member of Venom
Ex-Leader of Korruption
Ex-We Are Royalty member
Ex-Kaos Pures Highcouncil/Warlord
Ex-Divine Pures leader
Ex-Frozty Pures member

The problem (if you want to call it that) is that pures are made to be better than each other. That's the long and short of it. I'm not sure if you're referring to the "pure community" as clans in general or this forum so I'll address both.

Clans in general

Like I said before, pures are made to be better than other accounts. This stretches as far as being better than other types of accounts (Rune Pures, Mains, etc) but mainly to be better than other pures. Now, a pure clan is, in essence, just a group of like-minded pures who go out at the weekends (mainly) with the purpose of smashing into other clans and, hopefully, winning. Clans are made to win. Now I've seen a lot of posts on here about certain clans not allowing certain items to trips and other clans not accepting certain types of fights. But they're perfectly within their right to do these things. I don't think it's hurting the pure "community" in any way. The world, and Runescape, change. You need to adapt to survive.

This Forum

This ties largely in with the points I made above. The long and short of it is that the majority of users use this site specifically for the clanning side. They don't come on here to watch PK vids or post their achievements. When you have a community that's largely based off people who want to come onto these forums simply to argue that their clan won because xx brought a level xx or because xx crashed with xx then it's going to have a negative effect on the forums. Believe me, I don't like this one bit at all but it's not something that can be changed easily.

My 2 cents.

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
IRC: iPanda | Send me a message | #PureWarfare
ixqdn4.png
Click my signature to visit my Goals and Achievements thread!

Ban all armour besides monk robes/wizzy stuff in F2P and 1 def gear in p2p. Make all your 30 def guys train up new accounts that don't go over 10 def. Voila, we're pure again.

I don't know about guys training up new accounts that go over 10 def, but ban addy off F2P trips, and if a clan does bring them, they are not allowed to post their aftermath+recruitment topics on these forums that have a motto that goes something like "DEFENDING THE DEFENCELESS".

Clans should not be allowed to openly bring addy to trips, and still feed off of the pure community. If they don't wanna get rid of the addy, they can fuck off and go advertise their clan somewhere else.

fgRMY.png

IG3o1.png

Kay, here I go.

What to do?

All clans start accepting applications with less then 10 defence. All current members in clans will bring 1 defence gear to trips and preps.

Why?

The most important reason is that this will attract the pure pking community (AKA clanless pures that PK) to actually want to join a pure clan. The only clan I would want to join if I was a pure today and completely clanless is NME. The idea of pure and the appeal of every other community would not be appealing and I would feel left out. 30 defence is not the definition of pure. 30 defence is the definition of pure clanning. We will only recycle our own old school members and members already within the community and i've been seeing that because the community is dying. The amount of people leaving is far greater then the rate at which people get involved with the pure community.

What's your point on all this Sean?

Well if you read the paragraph above, if my theory holds it will actually benefit a lot of clans to move to a 1-10 defence requirement because I think it will be more enjoyable to prep or war another clan with 1-10 defence requirement if I am a new recruit in the pure community.

Basically in closing, you don't see a huge slew of 30 defence turmoilers pking because they are getting a benefit from staying below 40 defence to pk with turmoil, so you really can't count on that group of outsiders to be recruited. It's the big population of unclanned 1 defence pures that pk everyday. They want to be involved but it is completely frustrating in the community that we created. We did it to keep up with the competition, but we killed our population.

Will this every be fixed?

Probably not.

Proud to have been a member of Carnage [2008-Closed]

Proud Legend of Zenith [2010-Present]

seanssig.jpg

seansltdpic1edited.jpg

Alex im glad your posting this, alot of things can be done.

The pure world needs to step away from crashing one and other and kill MAIN clans like we set out to do in the first place. As a pure you always aimed to be a lower defence but higher str range and magic to help you have a advantage over mains/zerkers. This is why i made a pure, and i dont feel like fighting pure clans anymore id like to **** up some mains and get some good loot.

YES, lets all unite!

cpmossies.jpg

Proud to have been Complexity

Not so proud to have been Corrupt Pures

Proud to have been Control

Proud to have been Malice

Proud to have been Diversity

Proud to have been Hostility

Everyone seems to believe that the community is worsening purely due to defence and crashing, but the thing is, those two aren't the reasons why the activity is declining. If anything those two boost it.

IMO, the reason why the community is dying is botting. Ever since botting became widespread and easily accessible to everyone, people don't care for the game anymore. People just leave their acocunts training and show up to a single event on a saturday or sunday and then believe that their botting is a way of being "active".

Back in the day when not that many people botted, the people who came looking for communities and wanted to participate in clans where the people who enjoyed RuneScape, who couldn't get enough. Nowadays with Runescape itself being ****** up, the gloomy atmosphere of the pure community and the immense increase in botting, the result is rather unsurprising.

As someone mentioned above, a guy joined a clan and had no fun there simply because everyone botted. It's these kind of people who come and complain and look towards a brighter community where people actually are online and train together and help each other in order to make the game more fun.

What I'm trying to say is if botting suddenly became impossible, I'd guesstimate some 30% old school people quit, however the increase in new recruits who'd be actually enthusiastic about the game would be huge.

And none of the "Remove addy" campaigns will ever have a big enough effect to restore the community to it's former glory.

Then again, that's all just my opinion...

smartestposter.png

Proud Master of Negative.

Proud Ex-Member of Malice

Proud Member of Enemy

Everyone seems to believe that the community is worsening purely due to defence and crashing, but the thing is, those two aren't the reasons why the activity is declining. If anything those two boost it.

IMO, the reason why the community is dying is botting. Ever since botting became widespread and easily accessible to everyone, people don't care for the game anymore. People just leave their acocunts training and show up to a single event on a saturday or sunday and then believe that their botting is a way of being "active".

Back in the day when not that many people botted, the people who came looking for communities and wanted to participate in clans where the people who enjoyed RuneScape, who couldn't get enough. Nowadays with Runescape itself being ****** up, the gloomy atmosphere of the pure community and the immense increase in botting, the result is rather unsurprising.

As someone mentioned above, a guy joined a clan and had no fun there simply because everyone botted. It's these kind of people who come and complain and look towards a brighter community where people actually are online and train together and help each other in order to make the game more fun.

What I'm trying to say is if botting suddenly became impossible, I'd guesstimate some 30% old school people quit, however the increase in new recruits who'd be actually enthusiastic about the game would be huge.

And none of the "Remove addy" campaigns will ever have a big enough effect to restore the community to it's former glory.

Then again, that's all just my opinion...

Botting definitely has something to do with it. What I never understood though is that what is the point of doing that if you are not going to play the game? To me it's a poor excuse to not log on for events and to not talk in vent/teamspeak/irc or even post on forums. I guess that depends on what you define as community as well.

Proud to have been a member of Carnage [2008-Closed]

Proud Legend of Zenith [2010-Present]

seanssig.jpg

seansltdpic1edited.jpg

Why talk about fixing it but do nothing to do so, you don't even write a suggestion.

How does one change the world but do nothing to change it except suggest change? Answer that and then get to suggesting :P

To start off, botting has ruined the community somewhat as clans are less active in RS. Also, it's an aging community without the influx of new members that it needs, and that it once had.

Hostility

Just want to add the title of this thread is a total contradiction to what you've actually written.

"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."
IRC: iPanda | Send me a message | #PureWarfare
ixqdn4.png
Click my signature to visit my Goals and Achievements thread!

i dont see how pure community is **** right now..? i mean you should be more specific and make a list of the problems you think it has.

if you're thinking about rivalries that lead to trolls i think you're wrong. if there werent such intense rivalries pure clanning will come to an end. thats the fuel that keep clans going. because of the rivalries every fight means something, if not we would only be kids clicking our mouses

Il più grande spettacolo dopo il big bang siamo noi...

heres an idea.

DON'T ALLOW 30 DEF+ TO JOIN "PURE" CLANS

30 defence isn't really the problem, it's the community. Clan leaders will do anything to make other clans mad. Btw, mithril isn't pure. :thumbsup:

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.