Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Rap the discussion, good or bad?

Num Nums

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like it at all, most rap is about how many bitches you ******, and how ****** up your childhood was.

Despite that, if you like it; I don't judge you.

But I like music with a deeper meaning. Or at least music that goes beyond ******* bitches and weed.

op8bwp.jpg

103hq3l.jpg

17044196.jpg

Oh it died a long time ago.

your an idiot

I must admit, most of the hip hop I listen to could be classed as 'oldschool' but theres still some real quality coming out, music just adapts to peoples tastes.

you're

120219234947.png

DO YOU EVEN LIFT?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not a huge rap fan as I usually chill with metalheads and go to metal concerts, but I have always enjoyed listening to Ice Cube especially with songs like 'Why Me?', 'Cold Places' & 'Hood Mentality'. I think that as he's been around for a while he's quite experienced and I find his lyrics to have a fairly deep meaning attached to them.

I also enjoy Australian hip-hop like Bliss'n'Eso, Illy, Horrorshow & Hilltop Hoods as they rarely sing about money but more about persisting through struggles in life, keeping yourself strong (mentally) and living a good life.

Then there is also the French Rap scene which I find nice as they focus on unethical dealings with the government, racism, exclusion, unemployement and other things the government enjoys sweeping under the carpet. Some good French rappers would be Soprano, Sniper, Keny Arkana and Sexion D'Assaut. I find Fatal Bazooka, a rap group formed of comedians, to be quite funny too.

Examples of each :

Ice Cube - Why Me?

Bliss'n'Eso -

Soprano - Hiro (skip to 40 secs for the song to start)

I don't like it at all, most rap is about how many bitches you ******, and how ****** up your childhood was.

Despite that, if you like it; I don't judge you.

But I like music with a deeper meaning. Or at least music that goes beyond ******* bitches and weed.

Most rap does have a deeper meaning. You're just listening to the wrong rap. And sometimes "bitches and weed" is a part of the meaning, but there's a lot more to it.

Ex.

Arp-1.png

Ahh, hip hop isn't dead it just moved underground. Great rap/hip-hop artists I suggest you guys should listen to are;

Atmosphere

Lowkey

Immortal Technique

Ras kaas

K-Rino

Aesop Rock

Wu-Tang

Jedi Mind Tricks

Army Of The Pharaohs

Delton 3030

A Tribe Called Quest

Binary Star

Brother Ali

Dead Prez

Gang Starr

Eyedea

Hieroglyphics

MF Doom

Kool Keith

Biggie

Tupac

Big L

Big Pun

Public Enemy

Scarface

Nas

Mos Def

The Roots

Cunninlynguists

Digable Planets

Koopsta knicca

Canibus

Cormega

KRS-One

Doap Nixon

Apathy

Outerspace

SPM

Mobb Deep

Hopsin

Swizzz

The Last Emperor

Sooo much more to list :P

dooqps.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well coming from a straight up black person i honestly think that rap is trash now all rapper rap about is ******* bitches , smoking weed , and getting high high and more high. But i like the beats though.

Proud Ex-Council of Ascent

Proud Ex-Officer of Sovereign

Not So Proud Ex-Member of Corrupt Pures

Proud Member of Zenith

735oV.png

Rap is bigger than it ever was before nowadays, but it has changed, that's all. Theres so many different kinds of rap/rappers, from underground to mainstream, I like alot of rap, 99% of the music I listen to is hip-hop/rap.

thekingu.png

Everyone posting here is hilarious, Everyone has different tastes , Rap is not my taste, I cannot relate to most of the music. And who cares if someone likes mainstream rap compared to underground? Its just music and people can like whatever they like and it doesn't make them less of a person if they only listen to mainstream.

2j2x7r5.jpg

OSBOW.png

0dlsG.png

• 2 weeks later...
Raps my favorite genre, but it's the weirdest genre too. The worst rappers get the most famous (Weezy, Drake, Mac Miller, etc), while the good and best rappers stay at the bottom or somewhere inbetween (Edo G, Masta Ace, Meek Miil, etc). The whole rap industry has at this point become a joke. It's mostly about how you market yourself. Some rappers make fun of this in their rap (Lil B). Lil B is arguably the smartest rapper alive because he has two styles, based, and real ****. Not gonna go into it but if you compare his tracks "Wonton Soup" to "Myspace" or "R.I.P. The Rap Game" you'll be able to tell which is which (he spits the realest **** in his real tracks and although some of them don't rhyme much at all it could be compared to poetry over a beat.

1342903937815.gif