Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Thumbs Up/Down Thanks/Groan

Keith

To help keep a topic clean, if you want to show support for a post you can just thumbs up it, thank you it, +rep it (I know there's a variety of variations). Vice versa, you can say no thank you, or thumbs down something as well.

If someone abuses it, they simply get the privilege to use the system taken away.

Maybe make it so you need to obtain 25 post or so to use the system.

Personally I love using it on other boards just to let the poster "yo thanks" or "yo no thanks." I think many of us would enjoy this. It may also make someone think twice before posting!

Personally would prefer thumbs up/down or thanks/no thanks.

seems like it would end up with Clan A all giving thumbs down to Clan B Member's post..

Other than that, it seems decent and I've seen it used on a few forums.

Maybe for the original post. Anything else will make more bad than good.

ezreal_sprite_by_gnahzdivad-d52afck.png
Electriq • European West (EUW) • Gold Division IV Sejuani's Hunters

Already been discussed in staff chats. Don't see this happening.

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

It's been brought up. I'm all for trying it, but I'm pretty sure it'll end up being used the wrong way.

It would be fun, and a way to recognize good posters and to discourage bad posters.

You guys are just not liking it because you think it would be abused. Do a little extra work and whoever abuses it you just strip their privileges to use it and you make it require like 100 post to use. C'mon, such a simple way to make the forum more interesting but you guys claim it will be abuses, you're probably the ones that too immature to use the system properly so you'd rather shoot it down for those of us that would make use of such a sweet tool.

It's been brought up. I'm all for trying it, but I'm pretty sure it'll end up being used the wrong way.

It would be fun, and a way to recognize good posters and to discourage bad posters.

You guys are just not liking it because you think it would be abused. Do a little extra work and whoever abuses it you just strip their privileges to use it and you make it require like 100 post to use. C'mon, such a simple way to make the forum more interesting but you guys claim it will be abuses, you're probably the ones that too immature to use the system properly so you'd rather shoot it down for those of us that would make use of such a sweet tool.

Firstly, It would be me that would have to create it which takes time, we run PW in our spare time and I allocate my spare time wisely, so if we did decide to implement such a feature it wouldn't be for a while.

Secondly, the tool would be abused as people would say "thumbs this up, but thumbs this down", if masses of people do it to one post, we wouldn't be able to tell who did a legitimate thumbs up/down, therefore couldn't strip peoples' access to the feature.

Thirdly, don't attack us when we give feedback on your idea, `Pure rightly said that we have actually discussed it in our Staff boards before and had a vote on it, the majority believed it would be abused. We are not the immature ones and you've just clearly proved how immature you are for attacking us because of some constructive criticism.

I'll refer you to this blog post in order to help yourself understand what you should do the next time someone offers some constructive criticism:

http://chillyoislamyo.com/how-to-take-cons...-getting-angry/

That is all.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Firstly, It would be me that would have to create it which takes time, we run PW in our spare time and I allocate my spare time wisely, so if we did decide to implement such a feature it wouldn't be for a while.

Secondly, the tool would be abused as people would say "thumbs this up, but thumbs this down", if masses of people do it to one post, we wouldn't be able to tell who did a legitimate thumbs up/down, therefore couldn't strip peoples' access to the feature.

Thirdly, don't attack us when we give feedback on your idea, `Pure rightly said that we have actually discussed it in our Staff boards before and had a vote on it, the majority believed it would be abused. We are not the immature ones and you've just clearly proved how immature you are for attacking us because of some constructive criticism.

I'll refer you to this blog post in order to help yourself understand what you should do the next time someone offers some constructive criticism:

http://chillyoislamyo.com/how-to-take-cons...-getting-angry/

That is all.

Constructive criticism?

"It would be abused."

What the...I don't even know...is that what you classify constructive criticism as?

I've seen this used, I use this on other forums. It's just a fun add-on. You think you have an intelligent reply by telling me that I'm wrong because I make the claim that this community is far too immature to use a system like this?

Then you try to say "It would be abused." is constructive criticism, how is that constructive criticism?

Who did I attack? The people that replied in a very broad statement? To me that would be a statement against the community in general. Am I wrong that this community couldn't handle such a system?

...Since you wanted to make a deal about it and turn it into "personal attacks."

Here's what I'd put on your reply:

nothanks.jpg

I said I'm not against it lol. I'm not the one that can implement it though.

Arp-1.png

You obviously haven't read the entire thread, people have suggested alternatives and suggested things, that's constructive criticism, you're just talking about one post.

You're a part of this community and you know that a lot of the people here take things way too seriously and get upset easily, that's why they would be the first ones to abuse a system such as this.

Also, you stated "you're probably the ones that too immature to use the system properly so you'd rather shoot it down for those of us that would make use of such a sweet tool." when quoting `Pure's reply, therefore, it's only logical to assume you were talking about him, thus, personally attacking him when he's neither for, nor against the system.

I apply basic logic when replying to topics, it's evident that you do not.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Ahahaha, calm down Karl ^_^

I think this atmosphere is getting a bit derailed - What was originally a 'suggestion thread' turned to be a more of a "pointing-your-fingers-at-each-other-thread".

However I will give my input: We have talked about this feature, and it's implementation. It would take Father Karl some time to put it in and get it running, and yes Keith you do have a pretty good idea of adding a "100 pc req" in order to thumbs up/down posts, and yes a handful of the staff are all for it, BUT even if this system was PURELY meant for fun, SOME individuals will ALWAYS take things "rep gain" on the forums too seriously.

Things will inevitably get out of hand, and that is just a situation we want to avoid, even if we advocated the rep (I'll just be calling the thumbs up/down points as rep from now on :>) as "meaningless" or whatever, knowing full well our community/attitudes that some people have, it won't be pretty.

Andy brings a good point too: Look at Zybez's CWarfare section, it's ridiculous, as if we don't have enough trolls/baiters to deal with right now.

TL;DR - It would be a cute spice to have on the forums to occasionally read the boards, and rep witty posts, or something you REALLY STRONGLY AGREE ABOUT, or whatever you feel like.

But there would have to be limitations, and problems will always arise with a system as thus.

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

seems like it would end up with Clan A all giving thumbs down to Clan B Member's post..

Other than that, it seems decent and I've seen it used on a few forums.

Maybe for the original post. Anything else will make more bad than good.

[sun][10:25:12 PM] <Azrael> I'd sell your ip for 50 cents.
6ROlO.png
My clan still has events, does yours?
#Clan-CP | WWW.CP-RS.COM