Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

That virus I mentioned...

Keith

Just want to let you know that I have confirmed it's from PW. I know it sounded weird at first but I've confirmed it with the reputable T Adrenaline.

It's a corrupt ad that is going around and is pretty common. He told me how to fix it. Also another PW user posted saying he has gotten the virus too.

Just a heads up.

I'll have a word with the people over at Curse to see if they know which specific ads are causing the problem so I can add them to the block list. Without knowing which ads it is, it's going to be pretty much impossible to stop without disabling them entirely. Ads are what keeps PW alive, as they contribute to the server costs.

If you have any information on this whatsoever, contact me.

What's weird also, is that I use Firefox and have not been effected at all even without an antivirus such as yourself.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Just a quick update, the issue has been brought to the attention of Google Adsense, so I'll let you know when I hear anything back from them. It appears it's not just PW having this issue, there seems to be an issue with this certain ad finding its' way in to a wide variety of different website.

I do apologise to anyone that this has effected, but of course, there isn't a great deal we can do about it until Google step in (which I think they already have). But if anyone is still having these issues, please try and give me as much information about the ad as possible, and follow Keiths instructions on how to remove it here:

http://www.pure-warfare.com/forums/index.p...st&p=580181

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png