Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

What happends when you die?

Davey

Fine line between what I want to believe and what I actually believe.

Id love for there to be life after death (divine retribution/heaven/hell/etc) but I really have a hard time believing in such a thing. We really are insignificant relative to the size of the universe and when we die we probably just cease to exist. Game over.

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a visible level, our body rots away and worms eat to our brain. On a smaller level, the molecules that make up our body become earth and nutrients and join the cycle of nature. On the particle level, we disintegrate "back" into the star stuff we are made off, our being from a universal perspective hardly changing (at least in the tremendous sense as we experience it). I find comfort in the last idea, that I am star stuff, destined to eventually move onwards to distant galaxies and infinite space, washing the shores of places unknown and beings unseen (thank you Carl Sagan).

Ghosts are as real as leprechauns and fairies or the God in Christianity, from a scientific point of view the probability of their existance in nature is close to 0. But the world we experience is in many ways not the same as what science tells us. Science tells me that my hand is at the same time attached to my arm, and floating at the other side of the universe. I don't experience this. Furthermore, science is far from explaining all the mysteries of the universe, it even seems that the more we know the less we understand about the most fundamental questions.

My father is an astrologist and his wife is a medium, they quite firmly believe in past lives and the continuity of life, ghosts and whatnot. I don't find that particularly disturbing. Perhaps what they experience can one day be explained fully by science or perhaps not, but I'm confident that the knowledge wouldn't make a difference in their every day life. Perhaps they'd have a brief "I told you so!" -moment but essentially their belief would remain the same. I treat their thoughts with curiosity, as I attempt to deal with all seemingly absurd or revolutional or funny or [enteradjective] thoughts that are foreign to me. I'm not a believer, or at least I try not to be.

ps. Hi Davey :sorcerer:

128250368099.gif

This is a very touchy subject for me. What religious people have is faith, whoever asked that. They believe that after you die, God will bring your soul up to Heaven (or hell) depending on how you if you believed in him or not. It's not about who did good or who did bad, for them, it's about who repented. Which is reasonable, I suppose but - as Jet said: there is a fine line between what I want to believe and what is truly rational. Afterlife is very controversial, because as face value there is nothing beyond. You are simply dead, nothing past there like your sleeping without being (in anyway) conscious.

In my own opinion, I figure that it makes most sense that in life, your brain (and chemicals, other bodily functions etc) are the things that make you feel love or hate, make you think and allow you to feel. Which is something I believe when you die, you lose. You will simply turn into a lump of matter and nothing more. Your brain no longer functions properly and therefore your body cannot feel those things anymore.

Therefore, I do not believe in afterlife - but I would really like too.

LOLGHOSTS.

Retired March 2012

when you die you lay in a coffin and let stuff eat away at you, nothing else. however i'd like to think otherwise.

and for the ghost part, i hear many stories about them and they all seem pretty believable, and i honestly believe in ghosts, however i've never witnessed them.

I think everyone knows what happen when you die, but what happen after death is still a mystery. Personally, I don't believe in God, heaven, hell etc

However, I've always wonder what would happen if you die during your sleep, whilst dreaming?..I've read somewhere that when you're dying, your brain is still partially working, but your body isn't receiving. Thus leading me to wonder, will the dream trigger some sort that would make you dream forever? Silly question, but I've always wonder this since I was little lol

Retired; Freelancers <3

For all of you just saying what scientifically will happen to your body and using that as a anti-afterlife point...

I believe that what happens after you die is an out of body experience.

Saw this on your sig on Fi forums Davey...

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference

Religion is based on FAITH, not knowing whether for sure there is a God. But with faith and love, all things are possible through Him.

I'd love to talk to you about it sometime if you're interested. :)

skillzy.png

skillzyuga.png

I believe that what happens after you die is an out of body experience.

What do you mean by out-of-body experience? (Not contradicting, really curious.)

Well people were stating what happens to the human body after you die. I was just pointing out that what happens to the body is irrelevant. To me it's your soul and spirit that goes on to the afterlife.

I have Christian beliefs but I don't go to Church often nor do I know a lot. I'm just saying off my own beliefs and what I do know.

I personally have no idea but from a couple of books I have read they suggest that

When you die your mind leaves your body and you go on an adventure until you reincarnate into another body.

Click for the cookies
IKJ0k.gif