Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

New Members' Pricing

Karl

I feel like the increase in price is far too great.

From £3.20 to £4.95, that's more than a 50% increase.

Jagex currently have 755,000 members so that's a minimum of £2,416,000 per month. How much more do they need? One thing that keeps people paying for RuneScape is the fact that it's far cheaper than any other game out there, and you can play it in a web browser. A lot of people don't have good enough PC's to play top end games, while many others simply cannot afford the recurring subscriptions of them. That was RuneScapes' niche market, which is tumbling away.

How much have they lost in the past few years though? I'm sure they're making more now than they were 5 or so years ago, however, had their profits been increasing proportionally since they, they likely would be making even more.

Either that, or their building funds to invest in something else.

I have no use for P2P anymore, regardless.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

• 2 weeks later...
I feel like the increase in price is far too great.

From £3.20 to £4.95, that's more than a 50% increase.

Jagex currently have 755,000 members so that's a minimum of £2,416,000 per month. How much more do they need? One thing that keeps people paying for RuneScape is the fact that it's far cheaper than any other game out there, and you can play it in a web browser. A lot of people don't have good enough PC's to play top end games, while many others simply cannot afford the recurring subscriptions of them. That was RuneScapes' niche market, which is tumbling away.

]Cool-cat-high-five.gif