Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

The death of a friend.

Brooks Ltd

Around 8pm today as I was checking my facebook messages, My cousin Imed me telling me one of my childhood friends sister died last night in a car accident, at first I was skeptical but he was completely serious, she died at the age of 16 in hazardous road conditions. so my question to you all is

How do you handle the death of a friend?

2zpv5fb.png

purewarfare.png

Im just gonna be honest here. I never make close friends, so there is no crying just thinking 1 day bout him/her after that I don't care cause he/she is dead.

wjylwo.jpg
nb5cnq.png
99/99

Proud to be in The Last Pures.
Proud Founder of Team Barragely since 2009.
-#TLP
-#Team-Barragely

Im just gonna be honest here. I never make close friends, so there is no crying just thinking 1 day bout him/her after that I don't care cause he/she is dead.

No offense but that's the dumbest thing I've heard. Alienating yourself from the society doesn't make anything better lol.

Talking it out with people always helps, since your pouring your feelings out. As time goes on I guess it gets better.

You don't fully handle it, you just get on with it.

almost 2 and a half years since my best mate passed on, I grieved, cried, and I'll never fully accept it, but I know he isn't in pain now and take a certain amount of solace knowing that.

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

theres no "correct" way to handle a situation like that. I will tell you that from my past experience, talking about it helps a lot. Crying is a good option too, real men do cry. I have lost some really really close friends to car accidents and i know its a hard feeling to cope with, but you have to be strong for her family. My condolences.

jointherevolution.png

p2pchamps.png

mosthelpfulf.png

Talk to people. Go on with your life as normal.

That is so hard to do though knowing that your friend is not there anymore??

Depends really on how close that friend is tbh

Hard to do, but it's the best thing to do, time makes it easier to talk.

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

As normal as possible I should have said. The worst thing to do is to get out of your usual routine and keep being sad about it. You won't stop thinking about it and it'll be harder to get over.

Arp-1.png

It will take awhile for you to get though the grieving stage, I lost a good friend 6 days before Christmas just helps talking to friends/family also thinking about the good time y'all had together. It helps leaving up a memory facebook or something for everyone to put stories on there about their good times with the person. Just know there isn't real way to get though it, it will take awhile and don't try to just forget because you will think of it more and more then.

xdf1vq.png

I don't really know. I am fortunate to have not have expierenced such a thing, but if such a thing ever happened (god forbid) I hope that I will know how to handle it.

2k09-2k∞​

bestpure.png

bestartist.png

freegnar.png

• 1 month later...

i lost alot of my friends from gangs and stuff like that, i as a child had a best friend who now has life in prison, you just got to keep going in your life.

npbnw.png
61207262.png

As normal as possible I should have said. The worst thing to do is to get out of your usual routine and keep being sad about it. You won't stop thinking about it and it'll be harder to get over.

I disagree, apathy & suppression are the ways to go. Or suicide.

I disagree, apathy & suppression are the ways to go. Or suicide.

Te Amo 666.

It's a serious issue. :confused:

On topic, The best way to handle it, is to actually approach the issue, rather than ignoring it. Talk about the positive things, and give gratification the the good times you had with her.

Proud Ex-Member of NME
Proud Ex-Leader of Brave Theory
retired.
Supporting Epidemic
cHIzQrd.png

Extremely sorry for the loss, can't even imagine how the family are feeling. My Prayers are with you.

I honestly can't awnser the question since I've never been in the situation.

ezreal_sprite_by_gnahzdivad-d52afck.png
Electriq • European West (EUW) • Gold Division IV Sejuani's Hunters