Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Why the wilderness changed

Karl

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clan wars white portal ruined pking. Majority of the kids who went pking (who weren't pkers) out in the day just wanted to PVP (which, f2p never had duel so there was always F2P kids out there).

There's a much bigger picture we've all missed while poiting the finger at the most commonly hated things that ruined the fun (which I do support the hatred but we're missing links to the problem).

We have a mostly empty wilderness, but the people that do PK are just cunts to everyone.

Miss being 11 years old on a range tank account and spending literally hours in Varrock level 1 and making friends easy as.

I am glad u put a tl;dr bc I scrolled straight here to check for one before closing your book.

Agreed + GE comment

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

I think all these new weapons killed it so basically PVM I guess. I think the update that official started the decline of pking was the god swords. Jagex should make some runescape 2006 server and just have everyone start fresh if they want to.

It's a new generation of RuneScape. Every game changes whether it be for the better or worse. Jagex listened to it's fan base when they brought back the wilderness, but the game had evolved during the time it was away and the typical RuneScape player changed. The game itself is set up where it could feel like it used to, the players are what make it not.

Retired

Maxed Zerker - B iohazard

Maxed 30 Defence - Devin

I think all these new weapons killed it so basically PVM I guess. I think the update that official started the decline of pking was the god swords. Jagex should make some runescape 2006 server and just have everyone start fresh if they want to.

I disagree. Adding new weapons prior to your attack level is not a bad idea. For example: A new sword comes out, need 90 attack to wield. It gets some people wanting to raise their attack, thus using it in the wilderness for a fair advantage. Seeing as they worked for it, it only make sense.

However, I don't SUPPORT adding overpowered weapons that almost everyone can use and have such low requirements to get. The community is another percentage of itself of why the wilderness changed imo.

Retired; Freelancers <3

That and a million 12 year olds make pk accounts and try to pk,

but they can't so they PJ/Rush/Rag

Proud to have been Enemy

Havoc or die!

Proud member of Valor a true LPC.

valorc.png