Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

How to quit RuneScape

IAMNOTHERE

Granted there may be some who this would not apply to, please take into account that not all people are open with their problems, and if I could help just one person this guide would be totally worth my time. A friend of mine from school last year recently committed suicide and it turned out (I asked his parents) he was dealing with extreme depression and WoW addiction. Please remember, this post is only to help those that truly need help, and not as an argument on why you should quit RS/gaming.

What I am going to talk about today is how to take control of your life and how to completely quit Runescape. and how to feel better about yourself as a person. Now for a fact, to play Runescape, and to devote time to a clan is totally a lifestyle, and quite honestly to be an active and great clansman, you must be devoted.

This devotion does take away from other aspects in your life, that you may really want to improve. Some people can objectively see that they want to prioritize their life but they 1) have no time and cannot schedule in time to do homework, workout, go out with friends, etc. and 2) feel entirely demotivated because what happens is your need for dopamine is satiated by the game.

Both of these factors are actually derived from the fact of allotting so much time to gaming. Also to clarify 1) since you are gaming so much, you feel a time distortion and time feels as if it moves incredibly fast while gaming, but extremely slow during actual real life events. Not only that, but real life events seem dull and boring while the only thing that creates happiness is gaming and playing Runescape etc.

Gaming addiction, as well as many other addictions can lead into severe depression, and without self-actualization, (motivation and a self-awakening) it is fairly hard to come out of such a downward spiral.

These are common symptoms of game addiction, and if you see that you are affected by them, there should be a serious reconsideration on your game time.

• Do you think you have friends but you actually never ever hang out with anyone but just clan every weekend?
  • Do you lose your sense of time, expecting to spend a few minutes on the computer and then spend hours?
  • Do you have no friends and tell yourself that but continue to play video games?
  • Do you presently struggle with your weight, but lack motivation to work out?
  • Have you ever struggled with grades because you do not study, and not because you cannot understand the material?
  • Do you get angry and agitated when people disturb you while gaming?
  • Do you secretly do drugs/alcohol alone in order hide pain?
  • Do you game in secret?
  • Do you feel groggy all of the time but think you are getting enough sleep? Is that sleep 3-5 hours?
  • Do you use gaming as a way to hide from your negative feelings?
  • If you have a lot of money at your disposal, do you spend a lot of money buying virtual items even though you know you will use it?

Link to gaming addiction signs

Again, if you experience these things, there REALLY should be a reconsideration of your time because TRUST ME, being depression and gaming free, REALLY does feel magnificent.

NOW, HOW TO REALLY REALLY REALLY QUIT RS AND NEVER PLAY AGAIN. (This is not entirely necessary to quit if you are highly motivated)

1.END ALL OF YOUR MEMBERSHIPS

2.GIVE AWAY YOUR ITEMS TO YOUR RUNESCAPE FRIENDS AND OR STAKE/ DICE A **** TON OF YOUR STUFF.

3.BLOCK RUNESCAPE FROM USE ON YOUR WEB BROWSERS.

4.LISTEN TO CALM AND MOTIVATING MUSIC, I RECOMMEND The Expendables – Positive Mind

5.ONCE YOU ARE IN A POSITIVE MINDED MOOD, MAKE SURE TO ACTUALLY GET PHYSICALLY ACTIVE. Even if you cannot run or lift weights, WALKING is amazing to open up your mind and feel calm.

6.Once you are feeling a little better(bear in mind this can take days to feel better) take the time to think, who in my life makes me happy? Think about that person.

7.Now call that person, or something, and arrange to hangout/chill.

8.Stay positive, stay motivated, and most importantly, be happy, because nothing in life is worth sadness and despair. Studies show a positive mind is essential for happiness. http://www.motivational-quotes-and-daily-i...e-thinking.html

9.Another tip, there is a guy named Nando Reynolds on youtube, and anyway, he opened my mind to the thoughts of delayed and instant gratification and the importance on being able to satiate happiness through delayed gratification

Keep in mind, THIS IS NOT AN INSTANT PROCCESS. You will not just snap out of game addiction, it takes EFFORT, AND HUNGER FOR CHANGE.

Once you completely quit gaming and Runescape, and end your depression if you have it, then what happens is you do not even have the urge to game. For me, I quit runescape during thanksgiving break. I gave away all my gp and totally was ****** as ****. I was so mad, I just quit the game. I was fortunate that I was in New York City at the time with my family, and I was able to compensate Runescape with physical activies in NYC such as walking around and siteseeing, and the rest is history.I was 180 lbs 5’6 at the time of my quitting. Since then and after 4 months of working out, doing cardio, maintaining a positive mind I am now 145 lbs and can run around 6 miles. Before, I couldn’t even run 1 mile, and now I feel great, and feel as if I look great. I now have a girlfriend who I have been with for 2 months now, and she is amazing. But, in the main, understand, I AM writing this because of the boy who committed suicide at my school and my own quest to conquer depression/addiction.

Please watch this video

THIS SITE RIGHT HERE IS ORSM FOR LOOSING DA POUNDS OF FAT

"The future is not a gift. It is an achievement." - Robert Kennedy
f2376o.png

never thought of myself as an addict, but i did show signs of most of that list. good thing i barely can get on for anything related to do with runescape anymore.

Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see you're tearing us apart!?!?

I like to consider myself as a semi-addict. I schedule **** with friends/my girlfriend a couple of times every week and get in 5-6 solid workouts a week. Aside for those events though(which DO take up a lot of my time), I'm usually on RS. I hardly watch TV(unless it's dat walking ded), movies, etc. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing as this game is a way to socialize and have fun/chill, just as long as you prioritize and don't let it take up you're life. When I have kids I'd prefer them to play games like this instead of TV/Movies/etc. cause it teaches you how people react to things you say, how people function, helps kids socialize etc. even though it's through retarded looking avatars it's better than sitting at a TV watching some **** show that rots your brain.

tldr: Rs gud in moderation as long as you keep your priorities straight

WECV7.png
npbnw.png

Thank you for taking your time to write this in honor of the kid from your school.

Having for the most part quit, with the occasional logging on to support my clan when I get the chance, I can safely say that I'm more satisfied with the way that I spend my free time. My transition was quick and painless, the result of a full time job.

As a former "addict" though, I have no regrets in my gaming career.

"The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."

-Bertrand Russell

MBICX.png

3rMDx.png

I haven't "played" RS in a long time. I've logged on to do things, but never found the motivation to do anything. I just gave away both of my accounts to some random people.

I use to do terrible in my first 2 years of High School because all I did was just go home and play RS and didn't care about what would happen. Luckily, during my 3rd year I became less concerned with RS and got into another hobby(Skateboarding).

Woah... Sorry about your friend.

I showed signs of those to be honest, but I quit last July because of college and never looked back. Occasionally I log on to attend an event once every 3-4 months.

#Life

skillzy.png

skillzyuga.png

Sadly after reading it, i noticed alot of that stuff. Not all of ti tho, i dont drink my sorrows away.

But this is a good guide, i plan on quiting scape soon enough.

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

Sadly after reading it, i noticed alot of that stuff. Not all of ti tho, i dont drink my sorrows away.

don't lie joel, Nme will keep you till they die.

They are a great clan, and alot of fun. So yea id still help them out when i can. But i dont really play scape much anymore, just read forums alot. :P

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

don't lie joel, Nme will keep you till they die.

They are a great clan, and alot of fun. So yea id still help them out when i can. But i dont really play scape much anymore, just read forums alot. :P

TBA: my guide on countering forums addiction, a deadly disease spreading in the most feebleminded and vulnerable among our youngsters

128250368099.gif

If you started playing any game in a young age, it's quite hard to just get rid of it in your life, especially if you were actively, continuously playing the game for so many years. From my perspective, I'll ask myself how one can actually be addicted to a game, but then I have to realize I was playing during my teenage years, even then, I had responsibilities to force limit my playing time.

Retired; Freelancers <3

I used to be addicted to CoD. Never got to the point of suicide or anything like that. But I had like 4 other friends that were addicted with me untill I slowly got bored and tired of doin the same **** everyday.

Btw I'm sorry to hear about your friend :( R.I.P

efsig.png