Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

New Laptop- Advice for keeping it in good shape?

Maras0l

Hey guys, i just got a Dell Inspiron 14z laptop for graduation yesterday. I'm sure its not the best for gaming, but i was needing a laptop for college next year. I was wondering ( because im not a guru with laptops :unsure: ) if you guys have any tips or suggestions to keep it running for a good amount of time. Since its new out of the box, its running really well with no problems, and i would like it to keep it like that.

I have already installed Swiftkit, and Adobe Photoshop Elements 9. I know im going to be installing TS3 as well. But my main concern is like i said, keeping it up to speed. For security i am using Microsoft Security Essentials, and im probably going to run full scan's every other night before i go to bed. Any other tips/ suggestions? Here are the specs as listed on the box:

• Intel Core i5-2450M Processor
  • 8GB Memmory
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • Integrated Intel HD Graphics

Thanks a bunch!

-Mara

ou371f.png

We will walk over them with numbers,
then kill them with organization.

~Epidemic~

Don't download too many programs on it. All I have is SK, TS3, and Microsoft Office for school and everything. I never played RS during my first year of college, and it ran fine with the programs on it. You'll be fine with those, just don't be downloading everything you would on a desktop ya know?

Virus scans are unneccessary and will cause you to become paranoid. Run weekly scans.

Just remember this is a $500-1000 piece of machinery that is not your responsibility. Laptops are vital for college and made my life so much easier.

Congratulations on graduation btw :)

skillzy.png

skillzyuga.png

yeah take swiftkit off and use mirc, other than that i suggest you go to download.com and dl programs like advanced systemcare or system mechanic or other programs that clean your system. Malwarebytes, CCleaner, and have our anti virus up to date.

npbnw.png
61207262.png