Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

K0WNAGE's Long Lost Guide To Bandit Training.

Barrage

I made this guide almost over a year ago now, Its been edited a few times since then, but not recently. There are now things such as SoulWars which people may prefer, new items I.E. Rune Gloves for Inite Pures and now most of the randoms have long gone. But the old classics will never be forgotten.

So here it is, My long lost Pure Guide to Banditing.

If you notice anything worth changing, please reply.

Guide Name: K0WNAGE's Guide To Bandit TrainingHourly Income: N/AHourly Experience: 60k+Requirements: Preferably a few Mill Gp willing to spend, 60+ Attack and 70+ StrengthCost to begin: Variable - Aprox 1-3Mill.

K0WNAGE's Guide To Bandit Training

BanditIntro.gif

Death Plateau, Recruitment Drive, Horror From The Deep and parts of RFD Quest's are useful to follow this guide to its potential, Yet its not necessary to Complete them.

Other Useful Quests But Not Necessary: Rum Deal and Zogre Flesh Eaters

Sexy_Lord_0f_Pkay specifically asked for a Bandit Guide, So here it is...

Content

1. What To Wear

2. Inventory

3. Journey There & Back

4. Where To Stand & When To Drink

5. The XP

6. Random Events

7. Hints & Tips

1. What To Wear

The Highlighted items are what you can change for Cheaper/Better items.

1-19 Defence:

1DefenceLayout1.jpg

Cape: Your best choice for cape is Sara or Zammy 'Cloak'. Guthix is useless as the bandits don't attack if your wearing Guthix Cape and Book. If you have a Firecape and decide to wear it, it's highly recommended you wear Ring Of Life and not Zerka Ring. Besides the 'Cloaks' have better prayer bonus than Firecape anyway.

Amulet: Glory is a good choice as it can hold charges which are useful if you want to teleport to bank instead of carrying a teletab and wasting space for a Pot. Fury is more effective but not a good choice as you run a high risk of dying.

Gloves: Wear the best RFD gloves you can, for pures this is normally mith, if you don't have these wear a combat brace as they give +6str bonus.

Ring: The sensible choice for ring is Ring Of Life, the other choice is Zerka Ring for its Str bonuses. This is NOT recommended specially if you are wearing Firecape and/or Fury.

Recommended Choice

1DefenceWay.gif

20+ Defence:

20DefenceLayout.jpg

Almost exactly the same as 1Defence but ill repeat what I have already said with some slight changes, for people who skipped instructions for 1Def.

Armour: This time instead of monk robes you can wear Initiate, it has the same prayer bonuses but has more defence. Just encase you forget to pot, it takes damage better than monk robes. But if you haven't done the quest (Recruitment Drive), Monk Robes will do you fine.

Helm: If you can't/don't want to buy a Mitre for a price that seems reasonable to you, you might as well use Initiate Helm as it is only 1 less prayer bonus than mitre and yet has more defence.

Cape: Your best choice for cape is Sara or Zammy 'Cloak'. Guthix is useless as the bandits don't attack if your wearing Guthix Cape and Book. If you have a Firecape and decide to wear it, it's highly recommended you wear Ring Of Life and not Zerka Ring but you have a higher chance of survival with with method as you have a much higher defence bonus to protect from the bandits attacks if you forget to pot, but still not great enough to stop you from dying. God 'Cloaks' have a better prayer bonus than Firecapes so its a better choice.

Amulet: Again Glory is a good choice for its teleport, insted of carrying a teletab and wasting space for a Pot. Fury is more effective but not a good choice as you still run a high risk of dying.

Gloves: Wear the best RFD gloves you can, for 20+Defence pures this is normally addy or greater, if you don't have these wear a combat brace as they give +6str bonus.

Ring: Again, the best choice for Ring is defiantly Ring Of Life, the other choice is Zerka Ring for its Str bonuses. Once again this is NOT recommended specially if you are wearing Firecape and/or Fury. Ring Of Life has saved me more times than I care to mention.

Recommended Choice

20DefenceWay1.gif

2. Inventory

Okay, your inventory should go a little something like this.

BanditInv.jpg

The money is to buy the magic carpet rides there and back, to ride the magic carpet you need your weapon hand free. The shanty pass ticket for obvious reasons. Only buy 1 shanty pass ticket because when you pass the Stonehenge like structure...

ShantyPass.gif

You use up your ticket which gives you a empty inventory slot to unequip your weapon to ride on the carpet, you also need the free slot for equipping your Dragon2H as it unequips your previous weapon and your sub hand weapon, preferably a prayer book of some kind.

The super sets are highly recommended especially if you have below 80Attack/ Strength but even if you have higher than 80 they are well worth bringing for faster training.

Prayer pots for obvious reasons, 10 Prayer pots (4) should last about an hour.

3. Journey There & Back

Carpet.gif

This is pretty simple really, you take the carpet to Bedabin Camp, then run south till you reach bandit camp, turn on protect from melee, pot up and go in to the desired hut (more information below on where to stand).

Wait till all your P pots have run out.. then if your not low on hp I suggest running back up north to Bedabin camp and taking the carpet back to Shanty Pass, use the bank they have there and repeat the process or do whatever you need to do.

If you are low on hp then I normally run behind the pub and Glory to Alkarid and run back down to Shanty Pass and restore hp with some food, then repeat the process.

If your low on hp AND poisoned then I would, Glory to Edgeville, eat food, drink anti then either Glory back to Alkarid or use Ring of Dueling and select Duel Arena then run down to shanty pass.

Here's a Key and a Map (Below) if you really have no idea what your doing. (Recently added, suggested by 'Kaleb')

Key.jpg

And the Map.

MapToBandits.jpg

4. Where To Stand & When To Drink

Spot 1.

If your below 75 Attack and/or 85 Strength I recommend this spot

-85StrSpot.jpg

Make sure you stand exatly where I am on that picture to get all the bandits attacking you.

Spot 2.

If you are 75+Attack and/or 85+ Strength I recommend this spot

85StrSpot.jpg

Thats the best place to stand in the pub to get the most bandits attacking you.

A small point suggested by Holy F E A R, is that in the first spot although its the best if your low Attack/ Strength quite often you get level 100+ logging in and stealing your bandits. In other words, killing them before you can get any hits in and taking your xp.

In Spot 2 this happens less often as the lvl 100's who can't afford p pots can't stay in Spot 2 long enough to get reasonable amounts of xp.

Either way, its your choice on where you decide to stand.

Another point suggested by 'Holy F E A R'.. I quote with corrections.

"Another point I've experienced, is at the bar there's room for two people, if you move to the East of the suggested spot you should get 3 bandits. This may not be sufficient for others with higher strength but for people with -80 they spawn in time after killing them, so your constantly attacking. This means that instead of logging out of the bar if some one is there, you can ask them if you can share. Most people seem fine with it, if not logout."

When To Drink

The 3 main pure favourites for prayer are the following

52Prayer: 1 Pray pot dose for 52prayer heals 20 pray points, So its suggested to drink when you have 32pray points or below

44Prayer: 1 Pray pot dose for 44prayer heals 18 pray points, So its suggested to drink when you have 26pray points or below

43Prayer: 1 Pray pot dose for 43prayer heals 17 pray points, so again its suggested to drink at 26pray points or below

5. The XP

Bandits are quite expensive but since the Grand Exchange update prayer pots have almost halved in price and the xp is great

It is around 60-75k xp an hour depending on your attack+ strength levels and if you have a D2h or not.

Every hour you use about 10 p pots depending on your prayer bonus.

So.. 1h = 10 Prayer Pots = 60-75k xp.

To work out approximately how many p pots you will need use that.

6. Random Events

Most random events can be annoying, but some can be used in your favour, for example.

Swarm: Swarms can be very useful at bandits... as they can't hit trough protect from melee and when they are attacking you, you can't get any other randoms. They disappear after about 30-40 minutes.

Drunken Dwarf: He can be very annoying, specially if your not paying much attention as he can be hard to spot, and his stones hit trough prayer. However when you do spot him click as fast as you can to try and receive the Kebab and the Beer. You can drop the Beer but keep the kebab (and drop a vial) as it can be very useful if you miss another random and you get low on hp

Genie: These can be annoying if you don't notice them as they teleport you to a random place, but can be useful for a few extra xp.

Poisonous Plant: Again, another annoying random. This has to be the one you get the most out of all of them, I get about 3 per trip. If your like me and you collect the strange fruit for other occasions its quite handy, but can be rather annoying if you don't notice it and you get poisoned.

Mysterious Man 'Strange Box': This has the be the most annoying as you can to run round the back of the pub to solve this puzzle as you can't do it while under attack, and if there is some one else in your world then they will steal all your bandits. To avoid this random, all you have to do is make sure you have no free inventory slots, but if you have a D2h this can be rather difficult as you need a free slot to equip it.

Evil Chicken: Another annoying random you can get as it uses Magic spells which hits trough your melee protection and armour and can take your health down quite rapidly if your not paying attention. This is where the kebab from the Dwarf random comes in handy.

Dr Jackal/ Mr Hyde: You can just ignore this random as he can't hit trough prayer and has pretty low defence against melee attacks so its just some extra xp.

7. Hints & Tips

Okay, some useful things you might want to know and can help a lot during your time at bandits.

1. If you do a lot of tasks for Ali morisane after completing The Feud Quest, he will decrease the magic carpet fee across the desert to 100gp, Rather than 200gp.

2. To avoid banking you can note prayer pots and/or super sets and sell them to the General Store and buy them back again at bandit camp, but since the update it costs a lot more to buy them back (The average price they are in G.E, and for prayer pots this is about 4-5k each)

3. If you complete Rum Deal (Zogre Flesh Eaters needed to start Rum Deal) you get an item called a 'Holy Wrench' which when in your inventory you will gain 1 extra prayer point (or 2 if your 86+ Prayer) when drinking a dose of prayer pot

4. If your too poor to afford a Dragon 2H the alternative is a Un-Poisoned Draggon Dagger, if poisoned it steals your xp.

5. From 0% Special Attack you can use Dragon2h every 3 Minutes, this is very useful as it gives an instant 500+ xp depending on your strength lvl, I recommend, just before you use your Dragon2h special you use Ultimate Strength and Incredible Reflexes Prayers to boost the xp gained from the special

Prayers.gif

The End

Thanks for reading my guide, hope it helps.

Created Solely By K0WNAGE (Aka, Barrage), Not To Be Posted On Any Other Sites Without My Permission. Contact Details Below

If you have any questions, or want permission to post this guide on your site you can contact me trough irc.

Chan: #egg

Nicks: K0WNAGE - Barrage

.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ K0WNAGE¸¸.•¨¯`•

n4jol4.gif
K0_W_N_A_G_E.png

Hot I like it, I did this to 99 str so its good.

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
I remember this on PC.

Then someone posted some nudes then **** went down.

Saibot.

Gf #Saibot #Blair #Streetz #Jahmil #La_Flare took over the world

pg0j18.gif

[@riggz] streetzafk the eop spy who deleted eop forums

FATAL GANG

www.MM-RS.org