Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Religion.

Phillip

What are you?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What are you?

• Theist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist

Let's discuss religion.

I, myself, am not religious. I'm what you would call an agnostic. I don't know if there is a greater power out there.

A good movie you should see is "Religulous" which is a documentary about religion narrated by Bill Maher.

Quit the forums; my channel: #Phillip

SpriteSig2.png

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should put the choice monotheistic - belief in one god. Not that you didnt knot what that meant but yeah. Also for some ppl who do not know what those mean put

Theist - ______

Agnostic - ______

Atheist - ______

Monotheistic - _____

Just a suggestion

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

You should put the choice monotheistic - belief in one god. Not that you didnt knot what that meant but yeah. Also for some ppl who do not know what those mean put

Theist - ______

Agnostic - ______

Atheist - ______

Monotheistic - _____

Just a suggestion

They can always google what they mean.

Also, "Theism in the broadest sense is the belief in at least one deity." <-- No need to include Monotheism because Theism covers it all.

SpriteSig2.png

They can always google what they mean.

Also, "Theism in the broadest sense is the belief in at least one deity." <-- No need to include Monotheism because Theism covers it all.

Ok I did not know if you wanted to break it down into the major one. But sounds good to me.

On-Topic:

One god, the creator and decider. I am a Christian and forever will be.

11wacsx.jpg

Moderator.png

One god, the creator and decider. I am a Christian and forever will be.

What do you think of Evolution? Did you know that Christians are supposed to believe that dinosaurs and humans live together 5,000 years ago? Christians believe the Earth isn't millions of years old. They think it's only a few thousand, though it's been proven the Earth is older. Can you tell me why Christians believe this?

SpriteSig2.png

What do you think of Evolution? Did you know that Christians are supposed to believe that dinosaurs and humans live together 5,000 years ago? Christians believe the Earth isn't millions of years old. They think it's only a few thousand, though it's been proven the Earth is older. Can you tell me why Christians believe this?

TBH bro this is where the faith part comes in. I believe god spent 6 days making earth and all that is on it. And took Sunday (7th day) as the rest day (sabbath day)

To me Evolution started as the bible says it. Some believe it started as a single cell but without the influence of something how could that manifest into humans with trillions of cells.

I mean Evolution is something that you can wrap you brain around for years, lifetimes centuries and not understand. But like I said, if you believe in God or w/e your religion may be, you have faith in that and that is where your answers come from.

11wacsx.jpg

Moderator.png

The idea of a higher power is irrelevant to the way I live and the way I do things if you stop thinking about it, it goes away, for me it did atleast. I can't possibly believe in something thats supposed to be so powerful so easily dismissed in my everyday life it's just insignificant to me. Whether theres a god or not I don't pretend to know and I don't intend in ever doing so unless something divine presents itself to me.

The idea of a higher power is irrelevant to the way I live and the way I do things if you stop thinking about it, it goes away, for me it did atleast. I can't possibly believe in something thats supposed to be so powerful so easily dismissed in my everyday life it's just insignificant to me. Whether theres a god or not I don't pretend to know and I don't intend in ever doing so unless something divine presents itself to me.

And that is your choice man, It took me going away for some time to see something greater. I am not someone to preach my beliefs. I find it wrong and degrading. I am all for trying to teach the Christian ways I know, but to people who are seeking it. If someone is set to not learn then I am not going to cross their respect to try and teach them.

Off Topic. I am very happy how mature ppl are being with this topic. Thanks =]

11wacsx.jpg

Moderator.png

Damnation is the start of your morality, destruction is its purpose, means and end. Your code begins by damning man as evil, then demands that he practice a good which it defines as impossible for him to practice. It demands, as his first proof of virtue, that he accept his own depravity without proof. It demands that he start, not with a standard of value, but with a standard of evil, which is himself, by means of which he is then to define the good: the good is that which he is not.

It does not matter who then becomes the profiteer on his renounced glory and tormented soul, a mystic God with some incomprehensible design or any passer-by whose rotting sores are held as some inexplicable claim upon him -- it does not matter, the good is not for him to understand, his duty is to crawl through years of penance, atoning for the guilt of his existence to any stray collector of unintelligible debts, his only concept of a value is zero: the good is that which is non-man.

This passage by Ayn Rand sums up my feelings upon religion. Do not be mistaken, I indeed believe in God. However, my beliefs are my own and not those associated with a religion. They do good upon the world, but just as much bad comes from it.

Muse-1.gif
She burns like the sun, and I can't look away.

Non religious

I hope there is something after because if this is it

its pretty gay

Most closely would associate myself with islam because most my family is muslim

but im just doubtful without concrete proof

2017322404.gif

I dont really know how to explain it, I guess im sorta an Atheist to a certain extent? I believe in god when somthing good happens/miracle, But when somthing horriable goes wrong, I dont really care for religion, If there was a god, how could he let horriable stuff like that happen? That's just my view point.

I'm agnostic.

I don't claim to know whether or not there is a god. I may choose to believe something or lean towards a possibility that suits my interest best, but always with the acceptance that whatever that is could be false.

All there is to be said, really.

MEANINGLESS APHORISM HERE

I'm agnostic.

I don't claim to know whether or not there is a god. I may choose to believe something or lean towards a possibility that suits my interest best, but always with the acceptance that whatever that is could be false.

All there is to be said, really.

*high five*

:)

SpriteSig2.png

I don't attend church and I don't know if I believe in a God; however, it does feel good to pray at times and hope someone is listening. I guess I fit in the agnostic category?

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> its a fun mini war..

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> no one knew no single

I dont really know how to explain it, I guess im sorta an Atheist to a certain extent? I believe in god when somthing good happens/miracle, But when somthing horriable goes wrong, I dont really care for religion, If there was a god, how could he let horriable stuff like that happen? That's just my view point.

So your obviously a fickle, based off your comment that you pulled out your ass (i can only assume)

Please, you contribute not a thing to this topic, so i can only ask you refrain from lowering our IQ with your comments.

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.

period.

Please, you contribute not a thing to this topic, so i can only ask you refrain from lowering our IQ with your comments.

Don't contradict yourself. Also, quit trying to be a hard-ass on every topic. Remember, it's only the internet!

110210183405.png

So your obviously a fickle, based off your comment that you pulled out your ass (i can only assume)

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unknown without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.

period.

lol.

SpriteSig2.png

I'm assuming someone either told you this, or you read it on the internet. Don't be fooled; the only source that this comes from is when people add up ages/dates etc. etc. from the Bible, to find out how long it took between the Genesis and Jesus' death. However, this is unreliable as there are broad periods of undefined time in the Bible.

period.

Wtf lol, you seem pretty ******.

And don't rely on your own understanding, because you'll only end up seeming pretentious. What you really mean is, no one has ever explained to you the rational basis behind Theism (specifically, Christianity).

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

In a debate you lose if you lose your cool, flame and be warned, simple as that.

Good luck debating religion, because you can't.

No one has lost their cool.

SpriteSig2.png