Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Religion.

Phillip

What are you?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What are you?

• Theist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already deleted them, way before you posted.

Unfair, I didn't get to read it :(

Anyone, back on topic. Religion. Simply no. It's merely a belief created thousands of years ago. My theory is that (and this comes from my vague knowledge of Ancient History I am studying) that the Egyptian Pharoahs created diety's giving their citizens in their rightful mind that their ruler was a "god" trapped in human form, this dragged on for dynasties and is/was eventually manipulated into what we know today as: Religion.

The Egyptian rulers believed themselves to be divine and righteous.

Unfair, I didn't get to read it :(

Anyone, back on topic. Religion. Simply no. It's merely a belief created thousands of years ago. My theory is that (and this comes from my vague knowledge of Ancient History I am studying) that the Egyptian Pharoahs created diety's giving their citizens in their rightful mind that their ruler was a "god" trapped in human form, this dragged on for dynasties and is/was eventually manipulated into what we know today as: Religion.

Science was created thousands and thousands of years ago to.

Religion was 'invented/thought of' way before the egyptians...

The prehistoric men made holy statues and buried the ones who died, as an example.

hahahahzee.jpg

I don't feel like writing a novel, but I'll just outline some thoughts I have...

Religion was created to keep peace and order - most people make this inference. Christianity says that if you commit sins, you will not be granted access to Heaven (or that's what I got from it). So therefor, it's a sense of "be good, or else." It was generally created to instill a fear of a higher power to keep people civil. Naturally, you cannot have power without corruption, so along came the heads of the church, etc.

What I'd like to know is why believers, if they truly are loved by god, cannot speak to him directly themselves, and require religious figures to be the messengers of god.

I wonder if priests really believe they are doing the work of god.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

I don't feel like writing a novel, but I'll just outline some thoughts I have...

Religion was created to keep peace and order - most people make this inference. Christianity says that if you commit sins, you will not be granted access to Heaven (or that's what I got from it). So therefor, it's a sense of "be good, or else." It was generally created to instill a fear of a higher power to keep people civil. Naturally, you cannot have power without corruption, so along came the heads of the church, etc.

What I'd like to know is why believers, if they truly are loved by god, cannot speak to him directly themselves, and require religious figures to be the messengers of god.

I wonder if priests really believe they are doing the work of god.

God isn't a man with a beard in a red gown, or however he gets described in the bible.

he's not something rational like humans. He's not a father of all man who watches over us and waits for us in heaven.

it's more than that.

hahahahzee.jpg

not really, i want to know where you got that because it sounds like your making a whole bunch of ********

quote your source

Sunday school.

I was taught that even if you commit murder, you can reconcile all your sins and be forgiven and you'll be welcome to "heaven".

Quit the forums; my channel: #Phillip

SpriteSig2.png

you obviously got taught by a retard then or your just a retard

theres more to than just being forgiven

You can't prove that there is a god, and I can't prove that there isn't.

Also, you have to say some prayers that the priest tells you to say for your penance.

SpriteSig2.png

You can be forgiven, but you must pay for your actions before you can be.

Get your facts straight andallo.

It's not easy to go straight to heaven after you die

Sure, just say 3 hail mary's and 4 our father's.

SpriteSig2.png

Sure, just say 3 hail mary's and 4 our father's.

No.

Ever heard of the story beatrix of the middle ages.

Maybe american catholics turned all around to make it more easy for them, I've been catholic for almost 17 years in a country that has been catholic since ******* Charles the Great

hahahahzee.jpg

No.

Ever heard of the story beatrix of the middle ages.

Maybe american catholics turned all around to make it more easy for them, I've been catholic for almost 17 years in a country that has been catholic since ******* Charles the Great

So explain it to me.

SpriteSig2.png

So explain it to me.

Explain what? It's easy, when you commit a sin you will be forgiven but you must show dedication to be forgiven and you must pay for your sins.

In the middle ages you could pay a fine to the church to be freed of your sins, you could help other people, vast, ...

Noone does it anymore though, were not a very religious country, less than america

hahahahzee.jpg

Explain what? It's easy, when you commit a sin you will be forgiven but you must show dedication to be forgiven and you must pay for your sins.

In the middle ages you could pay a fine to the church to be freed of your sins, you could help other people, vast, ...

Noone does it anymore though, were not a very religious country, less than america

Tell me, why do you believe in a religion? How can you know that there's a god. "Faith" is not a valid answer.

SpriteSig2.png

Tell me, why do you believe in a religion? How can you know that there's a god. "Faith" is not a valid answer.

I don't believe in a religion like the mainstream, seriously go figure things out for yourself.

What I could tell you doesn't count for anyone but me

hahahahzee.jpg

so are athiests who likes **** being rammed down their throats. see what im trying to do there? Cause problems for absolutely no ******* reason, just like you always seem to do.

I'm not atheist.

SpriteSig2.png