Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

[ ~ Learn to Critique ~ ]

Coz

I am an Co-Owner of a GFX Site and this was posted by one of my Admins. Zhou has been a great help and posted this to help people learn to critique.

This should be used for Graphical Showcase as well as SOTW. People need to learn a bit of GFX before they make voting.

Critique Template

"This is a good start, I like [positive aspect], however I believe that this ____ area needs improvement, try: [how to improve], but [further positive]. Keep up the good work/you're coming along nicely"

I don't know what to critique?!

When rating a signature, don't just say it's bad, or that you don't like it. Actually talk about the elements in the tag and other aspects of it. This is called comments and criticism. Also known as C&C.

Here are some things to consider when rating a Signature and giving C&C:

Color. Is it to monotone, meaning one colored? Are the colors too bland, or to contrasted? Do the colors go well together and blend?

Flow. Are the effects clean? Do most of them appear to be going in the same direction?

Focal. Does your character stand out? Is it what draws your eyes the most?

Depth. Does the tag look flat? Does it give the illusion of depth?

Composition. Are things placed well? Do they look good together? Is it just random effects?

Light source. Is the light source too solid? Does it give off enough, too much, or too little light for the tag? Is it in the right area to make it seem the focal's light is actually coming from that spot? Does the light source look too fake/forged?

Lighting. Is the tag too bright or dark?

Concept. (Not a must, but really boosts a tag's rating if you have a good one) Do you have thoughts about a specific thing when looking at the tag?

There are other aspects, but those are for specific types of tags. Just put those in mind when rating a tag. When you mention that something is bad, don't just say it is bad, tell how or why it is bad. Tell them exactly what they did wrong. This system helps the person improve their work and ultimately their overall GFX skill.

Follow the guide line, if you can't follow it then don't post on the users thread.

Credits to :: Zhou

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

I knew the day would come where people would tell us how to form opinions.

Whether we like it or not, there is a such thing as a valid opinion.

If I entered basketball discussion, and I said "I think Michael Olowakandi is the greatest basketball player of all time because his name sounds cool", sure it's fine for me to think that, but is the opinion valid?

And this topic isn't about forming opinion, it's telling you what to look for if you want to give good critique.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

It shouldn't be learn to critique because everyone has the right to critique however they want about anything they want. What this topic should have been was a list of gfx terminology that helps us see everything involved in the making of gfx, so then it can help us give back constructive feedback.

I knew the day would come where people would tell us how to form opinions.

LOL

Whether we like it or not, there is a such thing as a valid opinion.

If I entered basketball discussion, and I said "I think Michael Olowakandi is the greatest basketball player of all time because his name sounds cool", sure it's fine for me to think that, but is the opinion valid?

And this topic isn't about forming opinion, it's telling you what to look for if you want to give good critique.

TY

It shouldn't be learn to critique because everyone has the right to critique however they want about anything they want. What this topic should have been was a list of gfx terminology that helps us see everything involved in the making of gfx, so then it can help us give back constructive feedback.

And no, it is about learning to critique, if you judge GFX bc it looks cool ok but that is not all that GFX is about it is about all of those components made into a great tag so I will leave it as it is.

And this post is to try and change people from being biased and a popularity contest to actually GFX Talent.

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

Thanks a lot for posting this Coz, it'll be really useful to those who take the time to read through it. Hopefully this can help those people who aren't as experienced learn how to give proper feedback, thanks!

- Pinned

AM I DOING IT RIGHT?

posted on the SOTW 1 voting:

I like Iced Havoc's, but it seems a little too simplistic colour-wise. Don't get me wrong Iced, I like it. it's just that it's a a silhouette on a white background with a few splashes of bright colours in there. Heck, it works but isn't my prefered thing.
Omni is my one. My only.

• 5 weeks later...

I copied and pasted this stuff on my computer to remind me what good GFX makes.. :D

Thanks Coz.. I gotta learn from the pro's. :D

Check out my stuff on paint.. :D

I tried but i know i can do better.. as soon as i get photoshop.. :P

It's the Mikey\My Bowz God's topic.. :D

This new acc. :D

banners.png

Do you like my sig? Well personally.. I think it sucks.. :(

candy man sucked so bad... biggest bust ever considering the people they passed up to pick him

I know rofl, the Clippers just have the most terrible luck.

AM I DOING IT RIGHT?

posted on the SOTW 1 voting:

Yeah, what you posted was just fine.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...