Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Video Editing

Honours Dead

Ok so I'm new to video editing, and will be needing to learn how to create digital effects, and other stuff to make my Snowboarding videos look professional. I have from now until December to learn how to use some Video Editing Software.

Any idea of what Program I would be able to use to make an intro like that?

Well please share you knowledge :)

p.s. Sorry if this is the wrong area

2v30gw5.png

The smoke screen effect, the 3-D background and the Text were all done by Adobe After Effects. The rest were Sony Vegas I assume(Haven't seen the video in a while).

I personally think all Sony Vegas are basically the same, just each new one has some more features. AAE takes a lot of memory and takes quite a long time to render(Imo) which is why not many people use it. But it is still very good.

Start working with Movie Makers :P

349f95v.jpg

Proud Leader of Chivalry, Rest in peace

I became Infected as of 12/10/08, and I refused treatment.
Proud Founder of Infection, number one at it's time

If you've a good, fast computer, download Adobe After Effects CS4, if yours isn't so good just simply go for CS2 if you can get hold of it anywhere.

Sony Vegas is a must if you wish to edit videos professionally, mixing this with AAE is a good combination and can produce some quality videos if you learn how to use both of them effectively together.

For After Effects, you're going to need to get hold of certain addons if you wish to make a large amount of the things:-

- Majority of VC's products ( can be found at http://www.videocopilot.net/products/ ) Riot Gear is very useful

- Trapcode Presets (including Trapcode Particular)

You're going to have to find out how to activate the things the VC products/Trapcode presets as I cannot remember how I did that, sorry.

I found Sony Vegas more or less trial and error but for After Effects, I used:

http://www.videocopilot.com/

The tutorials are very easy to follow and he includes a bit of humour in them so they aren't COMPLETELY boring.