Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Original Stock Pictures

Pinky Style

One of the main aspects of posting your artwork in the Graphics section of this forum - or any other - is to gain feedback and constantly remove bad habits/gain important tips. As a lot of the active artists here would know, a popular way of creating an art piece is using stock images and altering/adding to/substracting from them in some way. In saying this, a lot of the stock images you will find on graphics sites have already been altered or manipulated in some way to make it better.

This makes it difficult for more experience members of our graphics community, and even guests who like to comment on pieces, to give proper criticism without the original image. We don't know how good the quality of the stock was, which parts of it may have been altered through blurring, lighting, gradient maps, brushing and/or other editing techniques. For all we know, the image you used already looked astounding and you've done nearly nothing to it leading to good criticism; this would give you a false sense of accomplishment. On the other hand, you may have made a bad quality image look amazing but to us, it just looks like any other photo. In a similar process to before, we give you bad criticism when in fact you've done more than we think and this puts you into a slump.

All in all, I'm just saying, asking even, that you post the original stock images you used with your topic so that everyone can see how much work you've done. We'll interpret the piece through this and give you far more effective criticism and tips :thumbsup:

fdvo0z.png

True dat.

But sometimes I just want to post the piece for what the piece is. My piece might have a subtle difference than the stock and people won't be able to see it as they're just busy ciriticising the methods i've used to create the piece, rather than the art itself (How it actually looks).

Most of the time I want to know how the piece looks on it's own, instead of someone commenting saying its easy to make, because most artowork isn't easy to make, its the thought and creativity taken to create the concept in the first place, the thought behind adding a certain effects to match what's in your head.

~ XQ

pwsotm.jpg

True dat.

But sometimes I just want to post the piece for what the piece is. My piece might have a subtle difference than the stock and people won't be able to see it as they're just busy ciriticising the methods i've used to create the piece, rather than the art itself (How it actually looks).

Most of the time I want to know how the piece looks on it's own, instead of someone commenting saying its easy to make, because most artowork isn't easy to make, its the thought and creativity taken to create the concept in the first place, the thought behind adding a certain effects to match what's in your head.

Couldn't have put it any better way but I understand what you're saying Pinky, it's better judging someones piece once knowing the original stock.

gerrardy.png