Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

UPDATE OPINION

sithlord

All this talk about the update, in the end Jagex is a business, they need to do what will make them the most money.

In my opinion:

Update was because RS was slowly dying out, very few new players and many players moving on. Something was needed to change the image of what RS was or it would die.

I like to say it's like when McDonald's made the Mc Cafe. It has some differences, but if you did not like McDonald's, you will not try the Mc Cafe because it has the history of what you did not like. RS will not attract many new players because it is the same name and people that used to play and new players that have heard of it will just think its a update and the game is the same.

There will be some players that leave because of the update, some will deal with it and stick it out. The question at hand is will there actually be new players attracted to the game, if so how many? I would guess honestly around 30 percent of the pure community will leave. I would guess maybe 10 percent of the others will. With that said, I believe that this game will increase about 2 percent more players. I think that in the end this will be a bad decision. They will lose money. The game was dying either way.

Now with all that said, I believe that if Jagex is a business which it is, it needs to care about everyones opinions, however it is for profit, and at this point if they took beta away they would lose all the money that they spent on it. They are hoping that the tight community that likes this update will attract new players by word of mouth ect. If not if they took the beta away they would lose all money spent on it and the game will still end eventually and the money won't add up to what they spent.

Sad to say, there best move is to keep the update. I hate it, but it is what it is, they should have polled to see and done more research to see if this would be more profitable, I think there is nothing they can do now.

I have heard and talked to them about making two servers, but the cost would very much out due the income. We are stuck with it, unless Jagex is willing to let everything they put into it go and keep the game dying as is.

I wish they could have never put it up there, but it is what it is.

finally a smart person in this game, just adapt to it its not that bad lol -_-

lol i'm not a fan of it, just a business perspective, they were going to lose either way. There last hope, just I think it will cost them more than they gain. I am saying I know why they did it, but I think they were wrong to do so.

dude, i killed a kid in full rune while 1-iteming a staff of air.......

staff of air = free air spells........

40 def for dhide..............

toggling single and multi in wild? **** THAT

this game is done, its all on 1v1 now

Proud Ex-member of Leet Tactics

Proud Elite of Terror

Proud Ex-Elite of Resistance

Proud Village Idiot of Terror/Resistance :D

Ok jagex felt they needed to make a change however it doesn't cater to my personal wants along with many other players (pures and non-pures) so i won't be adapting like a little dog.

I am happy to say i will not be contributing to their revenue i don't regret paying for p2p in the past because i enjoyed rs2.

Proud Ex @High Council of EoP

ye cool

vOleZnF.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

"I'm not a lumberjack, or a furtrader,
and I don't live in an igloo, eat blubber, or own a dogsled,
and I don't know Jimmy, Sally, or Susie from Canada,
although I'm sure they're really really nice.
I have a Prime Minister, not a President.
I speak English and French, not American,
and I pronounce it about, not aboot
I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack;
I believe in peacekeeping, not policing;
and that the beaver is a truly proud and noble animal
a tuque is a hat,
a chesterfield is a couch,
and it is pronounced zed, not zee, zed!
Canada is the second largest land-mass,
the first nation of hockey,
and the best part of North America!
MY NAME IS KEVIN, AND I AM CANADIAN!"

A0Fc80H.pngtdYRP8B.png

Ok jagex felt they needed to make a change however it doesn't cater to my personal wants along with many other players (pures and non-pures) so i won't be adapting like a little dog.

I am happy to say i will not be contributing to their revenue i don't regret paying for p2p in the past because i enjoyed rs2.

I agree, I feel like many more will do the same.