Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Massive Numbers

z 0 m z 0 m

Hi, may of you may not know me. But I haven't been in the clan world in awhile but I still do keep updates on who are the top pure clans.

I am shocked that many clans such as CP, EOP, MM, and E are pulling numbers that has rarely been pulled before in their clan history and the pure clans.

It seem to be normal to be pulling 90, 100+ members for week end trips.

Is it that the solo pkers decided to join a pure clan?

Is it there an awesome RS update that help the clan world out?

Is it just normal since the clan you're in continue doing well and that lead to gradual higher pull of members?

Why?

Sorry, I need some updates :biggrin:

Going to try and not write a paragraph. So I'll just use your questions lol.

Is it that the solo pkers decided to join a pure clan? Kind of, being inside a clan has its benefits. Such as free 76k's, loot, pking team always avialable, guides on everything. And the general community.

Is it there an awesome RS update that help the clan world out? Not really... Soul Wars sped things up though. It's the new PC, where you can gain a lot of xp without really doing anything. Lots of '09 pkers looking at videos on YouTube going "I wanna be apart of that".

Is it just normal since the clan you're in continue doing well and that lead to gradual higher pull of members? Kind of, but everything is back to the rivalry thing now. If you don't have a rival, someone to pit your members against, your clan kind of falls.

Sup.

DESU
Accepted into Epidemic on Saturday, September 09, 2007.
Promoted to Senior Member of Epidemic on Thursday, November 08, 2007.
Other Clans -> [Ex-Absolution High Council, Ex-Corrupt Pure, Ex- Final ownage elite]
Rank change to Officer of Epidemic on Wednesday, 02, 2009.

se99gk.png

I'm the #1 aftermath topic maker, quit r00nsk3p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AiN8vrn9Y
Be prepared.

I'd say the answer is two fold:

1. There just aren't as many clans these days. Back in the day there were about 15-20 legit clans that were constantly fighting. Nowadays there are barely 10. With less clans to join there are a lot more "big" clans.

2. Time. Back in the day I don't think there was that many high-leveled pures. But with how long the game as been out and how accepted pures are becoming I believe we're becoming more skilled as a group and that's why you see so many talented pures.

Oh and I remember you!

The pure world has expanded quite a bit. The cause of it is soul wars. Soul wars enabled people to afk an 80+ stat pure in two weeks. Everybody wants to make a pure, now everyone can do it easily. Before, making a pure required great amounts of commitment and people just didn't have that.

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

i'd say the current situation makes it near impossible to start a new med level clan.

No one should make any new clans these days anyway, there are enough.

Proud High Council Of The #1 Pure Clan - The Mayhem Makers

Clans are pulling higher numbers but jagex cannot cope with it, last evening when we were fighting MM, in the beginning I could literally only see one person, he/she was from MM and I basically just clicked on him/her and attacked him for a few seconds, then the map glitch ended and I found myself being surrounded by only MM and quickly got back to my clan

Ex PA

Ex Epidemic

I'm not gunna pretend I know like everyone up there ^. But out of all the theorys being suggested so far, soul wars seems like the obvious answer, alot of my main friends made pures because of it, also I think with the death of clans like malice and ascendancy, this has added to numbers in MM and E.

Another thing is, forum clans. Forum clans used to thrive. I'm guessing around 1/2 of this community started off in some kind of forum clan back in the day, now people have moved on into this community, increasing our numbers. The pure world is obviously changing, since pvp came out clans have been pulling higher and higher, foe started off their first pvp trip with 40-45, which now would be considered a terrible pull. It's a shame to see clans like Eop, a clan that used to be about quality>quantity, have sacrificed this ethos and now rely on massing and numbers alone.

hotkeying.gif

there are far from enough

and its probably because clans now have a motivation, and they recruit and recruit, but alot of pures have been created now since the bh update, back in wildy there wasnt very much pures interested in clans, but at this current age it seemed to turn and most pures are in a clan lol

257oqdz.png

Proud Ex-Dv Co Leader ~~0wnage__pks~~

R o y al

99/99 Range
94/99 Mage
98/99 Str
75/75 Atk
89/99 hp

Once upon a time you had 2 good clans pulling high competeing, 1 in the middle of it then like 8 or so clans pulling average around 40.

Now it appers 4-5 clans pulling hella high and most of the other clans appear dead.

Once upon a time the top clan would fight like all the other clans, now the top clan will fight the nearest rival twice win both then end the trip to avoid losing to them. 2-0 sounds better then 2-1.

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

Easier to train, more advisertisement of pures (vids, topics etc.), more clans merging/closing (CP+SD, Malice closing & a lot into E/MM).

Numerous reasons, the pure world is much bigger now.

Cake.png

2remiqu.png60 1zmpa4k.png99 2qjyxkm.png99 2ykese1.png99 10gh4wi.png52 2rx8q4m.png99

#1 Clan Leader & F2P Dmer

Agreed. Pick one of the 10 already made and stick with em.

Says the leaders of two top clans. :lol:

----------

Ya'll need to get back on topic. Either talk about general numbers or gtfo.

with less clans there are more people in clans.

there used to be tons of low level clans, theres only like 3-4 i know of now.

There's about 5 mid level clans give or take, and bout 3-4 high level clans. It's hard to actually make a full top 10.

I remember when i was E 2 years ago it was an honor to be in the top 10, now if you jsut have decent levels and numbers you're in the top 10. (Epidemic became #9 on PCR right before the update).

Hostility

more people play rs, so more people join clans, so more people go on trips

i can imagine the laggfest trips will be in 2 years when the top clans pull 150-200

pureclan.png

I am the best pker in the world.

PROOF

5-6 relevant if not namable active clans now today is pretty sad to see

It's not that the new generation of pures know what clans to join or not join, it's how recycled our pure community has become

I know my clan doesn't have recycled members, were probably the only clan who has nearly 90% new guys who've never been in a clan before, probably eop comes 2nd on that not sure, but it's pretty common for people to say that Cp was their first pure clan

If you take a look at how every other clan has guys who've been in 1, 2, or even 3 clans before, then you get my point

I'm not saying anything negative on that but, those guys were probably in the clans who just dropped off the map for good, not gonna name em but u probably know

Those guys probably account for 40% of the number of people in clans now, i mean, u can say that was about 3-4 clans u can make up with that, who could probably pull 30-40 to trips and u would have that competition of a top 10

There's probably just a top 5 or 6 now, the old clans who have always been up there are still up there and it just seems to me it can stay that way for a good long time

Just kinda becoming like mains, the way they have their set up, anyone can beat anyone, everyone pulls as much as everyone, especially in matched opts, the only thing that isnt the same is the amount of pures for obvious reasons