Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Jagex are trying to kill pures They admitted it.

Jack-x2yz

No, your completely missing the point. There going to have all new weapons/magic/prayer/whatever require a high defence.

No, you are. They should/need make better stuff that require defense, otherwise it'd be a useless skill.

mattyb.png
M4730.jpg
TPF - VO - EOP
Damn you're a nigger.

No, you are. They should/need make better stuff that require defense, otherwise it'd be a useless skill.

This really isnt sinking into you is it? Things that require defence should require defence, things that don't require defence shouldn't require defence but do. Every powerful item that is coming out now, eg turmoil. Surprise surprise. Requires defence "encouraging us to level defence". If turmoil was a set of armour, of cause it should require defence, but turmoil is a prayer, why do you need a defence level to utilise a prayer?

The bottom line is Jagex are trying to kill pures, they admitted it at runefest. There doing it by making all good combat related things received from a quest require a defence level, regardless of if it's a armour or not.

\Every powerful item that is coming out now, eg turmoil. Surprise surprise. Requires defence "encouraging us to level defence".

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Chaotic_equipment

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Gravite_equipment

turmoil was a set of armour, of cause it should require defence, but turmoil is a prayer, why do you need a defence level to utilise a prayer?

But if you're going to limit defense in this, limiting prayer would also make sense. No point in getting higher prayer than 52 (45 tbh anymore) without turmoil, but people still get higher.

The pure world has never had a major issue with limiting prayer, or even attack for that matter. The point of being a pure WAS to be the highest offensive threat with the lowest combat. This wouldn't include any extra prayer(52 prayer would of been max), and would definitely not include any extra attack (80 atm for chaotic, 75 before then for gs, etc, etc).

Classic - Pure was 40 attack, 1 defense, high strength, with r2h. You could raise range, whatever, but to be the at wildy, you use the above set up, because it was simply the best.

Beginning of RS2 - With the introduction of such things as weapon speeds, people started range 2h'ing with 1 defense to be "pure".

However, as RS2 developed, with the introduction of fremmy helms in 2004, and other OFFENSIVE bonus ARMOR, people started to change how they pked. It became, pures would fight pures, over time. Reason being is that with the more armor that came out, pures who wanted to compete with mains in 1v1, were forced to take sacrifices if they wanted too. And in recent years, it has been piled onto the pure community.

The point being made is that if you want to compete with mains, that is your choice. You can choose to get defense and get turmoil, corrupt armor, handcannon, void, etc, etc, and compete with those mains. If you don't want to do it, then you compete with pures like yourself, who aren't willing to move on simply because they're following tradition passed on by everyone who followed in the original pures footsteps.

mattyb.png
M4730.jpg
TPF - VO - EOP
Damn you're a nigger.

The point being made is that if you want to compete with mains, that is your choice. You can choose to get defense and get turmoil, corrupt armor, handcannon, void, etc, etc, and compete with those mains. If you don't want to do it, then you compete with pures like yourself, who aren't willing to move on simply because they're following tradition passed on by everyone who followed in the original pures footsteps.

Thats only true for lvl 70 or below pures. If your lvl 70+ your going to fight tanks, if your 85+ cmb you might meet low level zerkers. At the moment they can kill 1 defence pures quite simply, they most certainly have the advantage. With more updates that are targeted towards 30+ defence that isnt new armour. Even low level mains (lvl 70 att, 70 str, 70 def etc) could beat prues. Then that undermines the entire purpose and creation of pures. I don't think Jagex should continue to try and "encourage us to get defence" as were happy as we are, we have a good community, clans with loyal members etc, whilst we should evolve and go with the flow, we don't want to as were happy with our history and community... Were settled here. Jagex should recognise this and encourage the pure vs main fight. Give pures some cool new items. I think they should release a new spell book that you need 20 defence of below to utilise, but there never going to do that as the main world would be in uproar. They should encourage the variants of accounts, they said the like that people care enough to fine tune there accounts but at the end of the day they want everyone to be a main, I do not agree with this.

Also as a side note, chaotic weapons take too much time to obtain thus they very very rarely risked in the wilderness. Whilst there good in clw, there not good group pking weapons. Unlike turmoil. And a pure is 20 defence or below, there are many different variants of this, if turmoil was obtainable on a 1 defence account it would simply create turmoil pures. Just as ancient magic created 13 prayer pures.

Thats only true for lvl 70 or below pures. If your lvl 70+ your going to fight tanks, if your 85+ cmb you might meet low level zerkers. At the moment they can kill 1 defence pures quite simply, they most certainly have the advantage. With more updates that are targeted towards 30+ defence that isnt new armour. Even low level mains (lvl 70 att, 70 str, 70 def etc) could beat prues. Then that undermines the entire purpose and creation of pures. I don't think Jagex should continue to try and "encourage us to get defence" as were happy as we are, we have a good community, clans with loyal members etc, whilst we should evolve and go with the flow, we don't want to as were happy with our history and community... Were settled here. Jagex should recognise this and encourage the pure vs main fight. Give pures some cool new items. I think they should release a new spell book that you need 20 defence of below to utilise, but there never going to do that as the main world would be in uproar. They should encourage the variants of accounts, they said the like that people care enough to fine tune there accounts but at the end of the day they want everyone to be a main, I do not agree with this.

Also as a side note, chaotic weapons take too much time to obtain thus they very very rarely risked in the wilderness. Whilst there good in clw, there not good group pking weapons. Unlike turmoil. And a pure is 20 defence or below, there are many different variants of this, if turmoil was obtainable on a 1 defence account it would simply create turmoil pures. Just as ancient magic created 13 prayer pures.

Your entire first paragraph just proves the ignorance I stated before. You want them to cater to 1-20 defense stuff but it won't happen simply because it's unrealistic. Think about real life compared to what you're saying. If you were a game developer and decided to develop a game in similar likings to pac-man to start out, and later on made a game like CoD. You could always go back to making a pac-man like game. Same applies to your 1-20 defense spell book. Once you're 21 defense, you can't utilize this spellbook, why? Because you decided to train defense.

And I meant, pures only fight pures, as a choice. Some pures refuse to fight zerkers and tanks completely, others avoid them at all costs, and some fight them based on their stats. The fact that level 85's will meet zerkers and tanks, etc, is absolutely on point, but it wasn't what I was implying.

And @the sentences I bolded: That's a new definition of pure. 1-20 defense. Tis the reason the pure clan world is dying. It should be: maximum offense while minimum combat levels, not minimum defense.

mattyb.png
M4730.jpg
TPF - VO - EOP
Damn you're a nigger.

Your entire first paragraph just proves the ignorance I stated before. You want them to cater to 1-20 defense stuff but it won't happen simply because it's unrealistic. Think about real life compared to what you're saying. If you were a game developer and decided to develop a game in similar likings to pac-man to start out, and later on made a game like CoD. You could always go back to making a pac-man like game. Same applies to your 1-20 defense spell book. Once you're 21 defense, you can't utilize this spellbook, why? Because you decided to train defense.

And I meant, pures only fight pures, as a choice. Some pures refuse to fight zerkers and tanks completely, others avoid them at all costs, and some fight them based on their stats. The fact that level 85's will meet zerkers and tanks, etc, is absolutely on point, but it wasn't what I was implying.

And @the sentences I bolded: That's a new definition of pure. 1-20 defense. Tis the reason the pure clan world is dying. It should be: maximum offense while minimum combat levels, not minimum defense.

Ignorant, hows it's ignorant? Im asking for something that will let pures compete with tanks/zerks again instead of running from them 70% of the time in single combat and 100% of the time in multy. Jagex should embrace people wanting to fine tune there accounts, not try to squash it. They need to start giving updates to all character types. Jagex didn't want class specific accounts like on WoW or other such games, but that's what has happened, the community is happy with that, Jagex are the only ones that don't seem to like it, they need to stop being arse holes and do what the consensus want. What would fix it is a way that people can change the level of there combat related skills, lets say a elite quest where the reward is to pick what combat related stats you want to change, then you can change it back when ever you want. That would fix everything. Want to pk as a lvl 60? Just go to the quest alter or w/e change your stats then go pking as a lvl 60 obby mauler, want to pk as a main for a lil bit... go back to him change all your stats to lvl 99. It would fix everything but Im not sure it would work as it would change the game far too much.

Are you stupid? "Making it impossible for pures to fight" and "soon we'll all be raped by rune pures so hard that pures will die out". Even if they're doing it on purpose, who cares? They never intended on the game being based directly around 1 defence.

Maybe while they're making all weapons available to 1 defence they can make all weapons the same speed, too. Spastic, defence=combat levels=higher levels with these "overpowered weapons". If anything they're trying to stop them from being overpowered at a low combat by causing people to gain combat levels.

Please get over it and realise what you're saying.

fdvo0z.png

What would fix it is a way that people can change the level of there combat related skills, lets say a elite quest where the reward is to pick what combat related stats you want to change, then you can change it back when ever you want. That would fix everything. Want to pk as a lvl 60? Just go to the quest alter or w/e change your stats then go pking as a lvl 60 obby mauler, want to pk as a main for a lil bit... go back to him change all your stats to lvl 99. It would fix everything but Im not sure it would work as it would change the game far too much.

I rest my case.

mattyb.png
M4730.jpg
TPF - VO - EOP
Damn you're a nigger.

I rest my case.

I am amazed at how many people appear to be in favour of the death of pures. If pures died the game would become stale and boring, everyone would just be a maxed out main, fighting other maxed out mains. It would suffer from the star wars glalxy syndrome where everyone was a maxed out Jedi fighting another maxed out Jedi with the exact same gear and equipment. variety is the spice of life, more variation of accounts, the more interesting the game is. Jagex should recognise this and try to not kill us. Also, were happy here, we have clans here, community here etc. Updates that would be in our favour are eagle anticipated but after watching that conference it appears they will never occur. I rest my case.

how can people argue against this point jack's trying to make ? it's obvious.

jagex are merely giving more pvp reward's and equipment to those who have higher defence so those who have higher defence have more of an pvp advantage and so it make's those with one defence basically....disadvantaged...

Proud to be a leader and a part of CPR

how can people argue against this point jack's trying to make ? it's obvious.

jagex are merely giving more pvp reward's and equipment to those who have higher defence so those who have higher defence have more of an pvp advantage and so it make's those with one defence basically....disadvantaged...

omfg i hav had 1 atk since rsc ffs and jagex is tryna kill all dese kind of accs by bringin out fukn wips godswords and chaotic weaponz bro. Only reason everyone bitches about it is because they don't train defence. If pures for some reason couldn't train herblore because of a quest they'd ***** about overloads and extremes, too. Considering the circumstances, pures have access to quite a decent arsenal.

fdvo0z.png