Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Wrestling

Jay

I recently got talked into joining my school's wrestling team by the coach and my friend, who's a captain. Those of you who know me know that I'm fit, and have been working out a few months, and put on some muscle.

So far, I've learned that wrestling has easily the most difficult practices. If you complain about running for practice, or any other conditioning, take it from someone who does multiple sports... it's nothing compared to wrestling (at least at my school?). You're moving, at all times. The few breaks you do get are spent jogging around the apparatus (wrestling room), wrestling bouncing, or doing some other form of exercize. There are intervals of about 15 minutes of different intense drills, and then a 45 minute drill of constant intensity. This is the only sport that has soaked my shirt in sweat by the end of practice.

The thing is, I love it. I love the discipline of the sport. Too many teams these days spend their practices screwing around, are unfit, unconditioned, and never listen to their captains as leaders. My favorite thing is that none of this is said about wrestling. It's discipline, and respect.

I'm only at about 5 practices, and you need 13 to wrestle in a match, and even then I need to earn a spot in a weight class, but I'm looking forward to it.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

speed and strength conditioning workouts are by far the worst. my all star travel lax team used to do it as a team every year. we were all in great shape going into it. i don't think there was ever a session where at least one person didn't end up throwing up. it was usually most of us.

Arp-1.png

Even though I don't wrestle, I have respect for kids who do wrestle. On my cross country team two kids wrestle, and they said that wrestling is harder then cross country (try running 5-11 miles a day). They say it's harder because you use all your muscles to the max, and you're worn out quickly. Also the practices are crazy.. And on top of that your being required to be in top physical shape, and are suggested that you lose weight. I have friends that only eat like one portion of salad a day.. Also my cross country coach's sons were both all-state wrestlers, and I think maybe one went All-American, both lost over 50 pounds in between football season and wrestling.

Crazy ****, and if last good for you.

Btw, just so you feel better, think of good food; pizza, brownies, cake, fry's, burgers, candy.. Because you can't have it (well shouldn't at least) and I can.

MySig-1.png

RsisDead.png

Quit RS February 2010, join the club? Sold Pker D o M Btw, if anyone cares.