Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Favorite Running Back of all time

Pink

Post your favorite running backs.

Could be active right now, or could be someone who is retired/dead.

Mine is Barry Sanders.

He was probably known for being the most elusive running back of all time, but also, when ever he scored a touchdown, he wouldn't celebrate like people do nowadays. He just walked over to the refs, handed him the ball, and sat on his bench. He didn't play Football for fame or money, he did it because it was fun. The classiest player in the history of the NFL

His highest yards in one season ever was 2,053 rushing, 11 tds, and 305 receiving, 3 tds, in the 1997 season. Thats 2358 yards and 14 touchdowns in one season.

He retired in 1998.

And just for people to know, he retired when he was 30. He could have played AT LEAST 8+ more seasons. In my opinion, he would have broken the record.

Here's the record :

"At the time of his retirement, Sanders' 15,269 career rushing yards placed him second behind Walter Payton's 16,726 yards. At Sanders' then-current yearly yardage pace, he would have eclipsed Payton within one or two years. Payton died from liver cancer at age 45 just months after Sanders' sudden retirement.

He loved Football for the chance to play, not to win.

He loved the city in which he played in, Detroit, and still resides there today.

10 years with the Lions. His number #20 was retired in 2004, he was inducted into the Hall of Fame along with John Elway, Bob Brown, Carl Eller.

Each of his 10 years from 1989 through 1998 he was first- or second-team All-Pro and selected to the Pro Bowl.

In 1997, he set an NFL record by rushing for at least 100 yards in 14 consecutive games and became only the third player to reach 2,000 yards in a single season. He shared the NFL MVP award with Brett Favre.

Sanders led the NFL in rushing yards four times. 1990, 1994, 1996, and 1997.

Barry Sanders, a legend among men, and a hero to Detroit. Never forgotten.

YAY.png
Plnkaroundme | Proud Ex-Corrupt Pures General | Ex-Warring God
I Don't Scape Anymore

8+ more seasons? As a running back? Ehhh.. nahh.

My favorite runningback of all time is Marshall Faulk. Straight beast.

My favorite runningback RIGHT NOW is MJD. I see him as a dominant runningback because he works on the ground and in the air. He's small yet very strong on the lower body.

i would say barry sanders aswell, i didnt have the pleasure of watching him on tv but i have seen clips. the things he did was insane imo. i agree that if he didnt retire so early he would of broken all rb records. but then again, at least he is able to walk

Attack Big Alex 67(Level-85+10)/ 2 more options

ba67.png

bigalex672.png

Barry Sanders is the only good thing to ever happen to Detroit.

As for me, I really don't have a favorite of all time because I've only recently gotten into knowing football very well, but for someone who plays now my favorite would be Adrian Peterson.

Site | #The_Hatred | Memberlist
animateduserbarthehatred.gif

Barry Sanders is the only good thing to ever happen to Detroit.

As for me, I really don't have a favorite of all time because I've only recently gotten into knowing football very well, but for someone who plays now my favorite would be Adrian Peterson.

Ndamukong Suh? :P

YAY.png
Plnkaroundme | Proud Ex-Corrupt Pures General | Ex-Warring God
I Don't Scape Anymore