Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Laptop Issue, Need Help

Keith

So just out of the blue I go to turn on my laptop and it powers on as usual but the screen doesn't come up. The caps lock and number lock lights just blink and the power button stays blue as normal and the wifi indicator lights up.

The screen shows no light up at all. Just as if it were powered off.

Anyone know any fixes or what the problem is?

The battery for the laptop is pretty much dead and used up, could that cause the screen not to come on though?

I tried plugging it into a external monitor and it the monitor just went into hibernation.

Also...

@TH, nope. It literally shows nothing at all. Everything powers on and lights blink but the screen itself has nothing going on. I plugged it into an external monitor and it the external monitor went into hibernations which makes me think its stuck in hibernation.

I unplugged it and just shut the screen down w/o powering it off which also makes me think possible hibernation stuckage.

@Blue, thanks for the link. Have had the battery and plug out for a while now since I read about that a little earlier. Didn't try pressing power out to remove the static, going to try it now.

Thanks guys.

Edit:

Tried the link instructions, no result.

The caps lock light and touchpad light blink routinely and all the lights come on, just no screen action ;/.

If smacking ur computer doesnt work... then ur ******...

But really i suggest taking it to a repair shop or something seeing wat they think.

or i just type in my problem on google, and sometimes i get a good answer.

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

Lol? Thanks for the replies I suppose. I actually just fixed it myself, I got some constructive replies on another forum.

Removed a stick of RAM and it started right up.