Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Jason Biggs talks 'American Pie's' 'American Reunion'

Sefket

t1larg.american.pie.jpg

The cast from the original "American Pie" film is reuniting for the appropriately titled "American Reunion."

SOURCE

I'm so glad to see the original cast back. Movies that start with a original cast then change casts suck.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

* The original cast is reuniting for the appropriately titled "American Reunion"

* Bigg's "Mad Love" sitcom has been canceled

* He says: It's weird watching a movie that claims to be "American Pie," but just uses the name

RELATED TOPICS

* American Pie

* Comedy Movies

* Jason Biggs

* Seann William Scott

(EW.com) -- It has been 12 years since the first "American Pie" movie and eight since the last, 2003's "American Wedding" (unless you count the numerous straight-to-DVD films that have been released in the interim). But now the cast from the original film are reuniting for the appropriately titled "American Reunion," which is being written and directed by Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg of "Harold & Kumar fame."

We talked to franchise star Jason Biggs about "American Reunion" and whether there is an age beyond which pastry molestation just isn't funny anymore.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: You recently had the first cast read through for "American Reunion." What was that like?

JASON BIGGS: It was really good. It was kind of surreal being back with everybody. Not everyone was in the third movie so there were people I haven't seen since the second film. A lot of us have not really kept in touch. But these films - especially the first one -- are such a huge part of our lives, and it's this shared experience that is so important to all of us. No matter what kind of paths we've taken since, and no matter how long we go without speaking or seeing each other, it's like we get back and there's this energy that's just fantastic.

Be honest, who did you hate seeing there? About whom did you think, "Oh, I'd forgotten about this dude.

[Laughs] That's funny. No one. Seriously, nobody. Some of us are not really friends. But it doesn't mean we're not friendly when we see each other. I wish I could speak ill. I'll probably remember how irritating some of them are in the first week and let you know.

Who got the biggest laughs at the read through?

The laughs are pretty divvied up. The stuff with Eugene [Levy] and myself - the father-son stuff - is always great. There will be plenty of those scenes. There's some great stuff of course with Stifler [seann William Scott]. Finch [Eddie Kaye Thomas] and Stifler always have a funny back-and-forth. There's a lot of good stuff.

Did you keep up with the straight-to-video American Pie sequels?

I did not. I mean, I certainly saw they were coming out and they were making a killing for Universal. I think I watched maybe one of them. It's just weird watching a movie that claims to be "American Pie" but really it's just trying to franchise out the name. I mean, Eugene was in them so at least there was some familiarity. But for the most part it was a totally different thing. I didn't even recognize it without the original cast. But I think they made a good four or five them...

73 in all, I believe.

73? Good for them. Good for them.

Is "American Reunion" going to be raunchy?

There will definitely be raunch, no question. We have an "American Pie" formula which I like to describe as characters that are grounded in reality, who you put in these outlandish situations. And that happens again for sure. The thing that we have to be careful of here is, we're all a lot older. So we've got to be very calculated in what kind of situations we let our characters get into so that it doesn't go to a very creepy place, you know. [Laughs]

So there's an age limit to pastry molestation?

I would imagine so. Or maybe not!

Perhaps it's it's one of those things you can't do between the ages of, say, 38 and 72 and then it starts getting funny again.

Exactly! You become an octogenarian and suddenly pie-f-ing is fun again!

What did you learn from your spell on the (now canceled) sitcom "Mad Love?"

The sitcom is a very specific kind of rhythm and cadence and it's a certain muscle that you have to exercise to do it well. It was just a different style of comedy. You've got to play the jokes a little bit more. It's just different from, say, these "American Pie" films. I just had a great time working with that cast. That cast was incredible and it's a shame we won't get to do it again.

I think any cast which features Judy Greer is a good one.

I agree.

It could be just Judy Greer and me.

Well, let's not go too far.

See full article at EW.com.

Looks good :D

bm16L.png

-Proud member of #TLP
-Proud former member of #Dpures

(14:27:02) <@Furious> Next season I hope there will be a "most biased and hated moderator award" I would hands down win it