Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

: ~The No Tolerance Act of 6/9/11~ :

Omni

With our new addition of staff members will come a new policy of moderation. Lately, our forgiving nature has been taken advantage of, and many members have run rampant, and their behavior has gone unpunished. As staff, we'd like to apologize for this. Our moderation will now get tougher and we will have a zero toleration policy for any rule breaking, no matter who you are. Over the past few years, we've been giving too many chances to repeat offenders. This will no longer be the case. Warnings and suspensions will be given as fit, no matter the rank. Clan Leaders will be held to a higher standard of ethics, and will find that their rank will be more prestigious as it becomes more difficult to maintain.

From now on there are no second chances concerning your posts and how they will be handled via moderation. If you're caught arguing in a disrespectful flaming and baiting manner, you will suffer the consequences of not being able to post here

If you troll, you lose.

If you flame-bait, you lose.

If you flame, you lose.

If you spam, you lose.

If you break the rules, you lose.

Definitions

1. Troll

One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

2. Flame-Bait

1) Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group, such as a forum, newsgroup or mailing list, with the intent of provoking an angry response (a "flame") or argument over a topic the "troll" (original poster provoking angry response) often has no real interest in, and finds humour, or entertainment in reactions.

2) Flame bait can be a person unfamiliar with a certain discussion/topic on an internet discussion group, possibly saying things that would provoke an angry, teasing, or overall negative response.

1)KingR3aper: Starcraft II is going to suck. It is going to be the same thing as Starcraft I with new graphics. You're all losers.

(Here, KingR3aper, being the 'troll', is purposely provoking an angry or negative response from offended starcraft fans. Flame Baiting)

(offended fans)

STRCFTFAN1337: GO SCRWE URSELF STARCRAFT IS AWESOME U ***

ILESSTHAN3BLZRD: GTFO YOUTUBE STARCRAFT IS BOSS

IMA13YROLDBOI: NO YOURS TUPID! U ONLY SAY THAT CUZ U SUCK AT THE GAME

2) Imanub123: Hey, I'm new to computers. I'm at a local library right now. My friend said that I have to clean out my computer, thats why it was so slow. So I opened my computer and scrubbed with soap and water, and now its not working. Does anyone know why?

Mrgudsenseofsmell: I smell Flamebait...o.o

KingR3aper: ....Dear god. Why are you even alive? Do you forget to breathe?

1337sauce: *facepalm* I've never heard something so frking stupid in my life.

3. Flame

To insult a person you are arguing with over the internet in hopes of reviving your argument.

Or, just to completely be disrespectful to the person you're arguing to incite a "flame-war".

4. Spam

Useless offtopic posts that can include pictures and random letters.

Topics

Things are now going to change with false topic advertising. Also known as, Propaganda.

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself.

As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.

While the term propaganda has acquired a strongly negative connotation by association with its most manipulative and jingoistic examples, propaganda in its original sense was neutral, and could refer to uses that were generally benign or innocuous, such as public health recommendations, signs encouraging citizens to participate in a census or election, or messages encouraging persons to report crimes to the police, among others.

Taken from -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Topics derived out of spite, hate and complete disrespect will be hidden from view. There will be no more of this "immature topics directed to start flame wars." If it is found that your topic is made out of false info to start arguments and forcing our moderators to work hard for your sake. Your attempt will be considered a troll, you will be suspended, lose your clan leader rank and your topic will be hidden from the public view.

Here's some ways on how you can post your topic in an accepted manner.

1. When posting the number of people both clans had. Do not assume that they had a number. Make sure you get an IRC quote from a rival rank and find out what they had for starting and ending options.

For example, do not put:

Starting

Our Clan - 75

Rival clan - 87?

Ending

Our Clan - 60+

Rival Clan - ??? or a number

Do put:

Starting

Our Clan - 75

Rival Clan - [Clan]Leader> 67

Ending

Our Clan - 60+

Rival Clan - [Clan]Leader> 34

2. Do not assume that every main in the wild is apart of the rival clan you're fighting, and do not go out of your way to show that they had a "main advantage". Every clan does it, you're not going to change anyone's view with simple words that are meant to "hurt" the other clans image. Instead, leave that info out.

3. If you're trying to provide complete proof, make sure you hand an un-edited video of PCR footage to give to the mods. Any TIMESTAMPED, picture of before and after will be most usefull for decisions upon closing rival "fake" topics.

And 4. Your topic is meant to show how much fun your clan had for that day, not to incite a riot via Pure Warfare forums. Keep your topic respectful to the members on this board and the staff, and you'll see a change in the community. Topics concerning revenge in terms of a healthy rivalry is okay by our means. But if you bring in how another clan "DDoS's" "Hacks" "Has mains" "RATs" ect, your topic will now become a flame-bait topic and will be closed upon creation.

Keep your topics fun, exciting and all-jokes for starting new and healthy rivalries. Anything personal will be considered a spite-full topic and handled by the mods, via the rules.