Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

My Reply To Riggz

Keith

In reply to: http://www.pure-warfare.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19977

I recently got to visit home after being away for a while. I've never been the one to be too friendly to others on this forum or within the community. I do believe I have shown individuals that I am a friendly guy and what I'm about to share is how I feel on the topic.

My time here reminded me about how we're all people. We all have issues that we deal with. We all experience success, and failure the same. We have our good days, and we have our bad days. Sometimes we don't know how much we can take, some days we second guess our life decisions.

For each our own, we log onto our clans forums, the game, PureWarfare, IRC. We check in our communities, see how people are doing, put people down, put ourselves up. Why can't we just keep it real. Get on, enjoy our own respected communities, then proceed to enjoy the community as a whole. We should be there to listen to each others issues, success, doubts, achievements. We should be able to share within the community without being ridiculed. We should be a source of help, encouragement, motivation. Instead we all write negative remarks about each other, focusing only on ourselves, not caring about, or considering the person on the other side of the message. Who knows how that person's day went, who knows what they're having to deal with, what they lost...who they lost.

If I succeed at something and I share it, there's someone to tell me what I did is nothing. Someone there to say (often fictitious) that they've far exceeded what I accomplished.

Why can't we just say good job, way to go, keep it up. Instead you're ridiculed for sharing something about yourself to a community. What good is a community if you can't share something.

If you're having a bad day, if you got a bad grade, lost a friend, lost a family member it's nearly impossible to share without it being turned against you. A piece of material to later be used to put you down. It's just not right, it's down right wrong. To a certain stretch you should be able to share this information and have an ear to tell and a shoulder to lean on.

It's always a struggle of being happy with your community. Complacency kills and we all want to better our own clans. We're never satisfied and there's always a bigger number to achieve. We feel as though we have to put each other down to gain the advantage over one another.

If we could just be satisfied with what he have to some degree, and better ourselves through alternate processes that not only help our clan's community, but the Pure Community as a whole.

Just about all of us play for the competitiveness of clanning. This past weekend was the opening week of college football. I was down right disappointed when my Dawgs lost to Boise. I noticed the players on the field exchanging friendly gestures, from a hand shake, to a quick embracing. It wasn't just this game but other games as well, even far more competitive games, players showing courtesy to the other players. Understanding that they're all doing the same thing, trying to reach the same goal.

I think back to the 2010 Stanley Cup. The one where Chris Pronger was stealing the pucks and whatnot. Those teams hated each other. If my memory serves me correctly it went to a game 6 with the Blackhawks trying to take the series, and the Flyers trying to extend it to a game 7. The game went into OT and shortly after the Blackhawks scored a goal and took the series. Just like that it was over. Differences were put behind the two teams and they quickly lined up to shake hands.

Rashad Evans and Quentin "Rampage" Jackson. Those two guys hated each other, they ended up fighting and following it they both showed respect for one another. Sharing a friendly embrace after the fight. That was following months of hateful comments and gestures.

I don't know what I'm going for here. Why can't we all just make an attempt to maybe support our fellow community member, to assist each other like a community should. To share competitive fights (like those of the above examples) but be able to put any hatred behind us and move on.

Don't tell me it's not possible. If there's enough people that share a similar feeling a movement can be made to better the community. Movements that change communities are what make up history.

Honestly I shouldn't be posting on this site

But OP's post has really touched me here.

I completely and whole heartedly agree.

ydoC, instead of being cynical you could approach his post with an open mind

Guys were all going to be adults someday, we might as well get on with it, but the previous generation has ****** up pretty badly.

The time will come when we have to step up or it be imposed on us, it's our choice.

Starting on Pure Community would be a bit of a nice start, don't you think?

It's not the community members, it's the clan members. Think of PW as a school. Each individual clan as a fraternity, and clan members as cliques. When an influential person in a clique shares his idea, generally it becomes the whole cliques ethic, view, etc. That's the root of the hatred among this community. The ideal way to start the change is friendship among leaders of clans.

Sad to see people cant take 5 minutes to read the whole thing. Good post.

To the guy above me - I believe he is acknowledging his faults and is striving to be better in the future.

--~~=PROUD TO HAVE NEVER PAID JAGEX A SINGLE CENT=~~--

thenamesb0ndsigbylianqt5.gif

Teenagers. Hormones. Insecurities. Anomynity. Spoiled kids of the 21st century.

Pretty much summed it up.

If this community became 21+, everyone would be holding hands and singing hit songs of the '90s.

(yes, I'm 21 and come into contact with 14-17 year olds on a daily base. Shoot me for my bias.)

bestspammer.png
b55tdw.pngsd4uf.png
-Proud to have been a member of Enigma
-Proud to have been a member of Negative since 23-1-2011
-Proud to have been Malice in Wonderland since 17-7-2011
-Proud to be #NME. Last clan I'll rock since 8-9-2011