Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Game over Jagex?

sahin

jagex will win plain and simple...they have the right to send u emails and they also have the right to tell you to stop botting..its all in there handbook thing. In one way or another jagex is gonna win this. more money, better lawyers, bigger company

xncgb5.jpg

Very interesting.

Jagex went to long-lengths to get rid of something that was ruining their game, but only in result ruined their game further. Not to mention made fools of themselves, their company and the games they produce. What a shame.

Although Jagex did break the law, I hope Jagex still wins, no matter the odds. It's been peaceful without so many bots.

Retired March 2012

This is really unexpected. Jagex went about doing something very illegal in the worst way... and they may really hurt themselves for it.

^This.

I think this entire thing is going backfire on Jagex, in a bad way. They ****** up pretty majorly. Lol.

On the other hand... Jagex will win. Although they may be fined pretty badly for obtaining the information illegally, they have more money. Simple as that. Money money = Better lawyers = Win

Jagex is going to do whatever they can to win, so they don't seem to have made such a mistake and such an ass out of themselves, at least to their community. They'll win, without a doubt.. But they'll take a hit in their budget, as well.

I think there's more to it that they let on, federal court is higher than state court I believe, so even if they had a protective order, it couldn't have been on very strong grounds and probably got overturned, therefore allowing Jagex access to the information. Jagex isn't a stupid company and wouldn't risk illegally gaining to information, not when they're paying private lawyers.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

I think there's more to it that they let on, federal court is higher than state court I believe, so even if they had a protective order, it couldn't have been on very strong grounds and probably got overturned, therefore allowing Jagex access to the information. Jagex isn't a stupid company and wouldn't risk illegally gaining to information, not when they're paying private lawyers.

^This

Stop pretending like you guys know anything about law lol.

Arp-1.png

^This

No one is pretending. They did go about it in a legal way, and i'm sure something will be done. Maybe not what rsbots wants, but i'm sure something will be done.

^This

No one is pretending. They did go about it in a legal way, and i'm sure something will be done. Maybe not what rsbots wants, but i'm sure something will be done.

^ This.

People might know a lot more about law then you might think, 'Pure.

I've dealt with quite a lot of it, actually. On the good side of it, not the bad.