Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

07 Scape Guide/Tips by Apex

Lucky

-Apex’s guide for beginning a new pure career – The Return of 07 Scape!

Initial thoughts:

Everything has been simply amazing. It feels like I’m back in middle school with my best friend staying up all night doing quests, running around, and simply just taking everything in. I hope nothing gets changed and it stays the way it is. I look forward the return of many pure clans as well as its older members and friends I haven’t been able to talk to in a long time. I hope the pure community will be supportive to all clans and pures that are just starting up and understand all the time and effort they put into everything they do. I hope the majority of players will play legit and botting will be kept minimum (I HOPE) as there is no rush to get stats (no clan has a requirement) or an abundance of gp since there aren’t god swords that cost 150m.

1. Don’t rush through everything. Chances are if you rush, you’ll miss a step which will frustrate you and end up ruining your time spent online. Enjoy the nostalgia of re-living your child hood or exploring this older version of Runescape for the first time.

2. Don’t let others deter you from your own goals or playing time. Play the game how you want. Just because everyone else is doing something one way, it doesn’t mean you need to as well. It’s okay to take some time and skill or quest rather than training combat right away or vice versa. I suggest mixing it up as to not bore yourself out.

3. Don’t overdo it! Schedule some times to play and take breaks. If you’re a hardcore gamer/grinder then by all means ignore this. However, if you bore easily and find yourself playing for 8 hours 1 day then not again for a week or two because you burned yourself out, break up your playing time. Also if you schedule a certain time to play you may find yourself enjoying the time more because you’ve been looking forward to it.

4. Set reasonable goals. Follow the K>I>S>S method. KEEP IT SIMPLE SILLY. Create a check off list of things you wish to accomplish every time before you login. This will keep you focused and you will maintain higher levels of efficiency while playing. It can be as simple as gathering items for the next quest you wish to tackle, remember pace yourself.

5. GUIDES GUIDES GUIDES! There are a ton of guides out there for just about everything Runescape. Let Google be your best friend. The following links will be helpful for you if you’re just starting/beginning.

First, I suggest checking out this little link. It’s a great way to optimize what you’re searching for in Google. Useful for both life and runescape

*DISCLAIMER*: I do not take any credit for any of the following guides. I’ve simply added them into one helpful post and will continue to update the thread and ideas and guides are created.

- An easy way to earn some extra cash

- This is the Zybez website from August 2007:

- This is the quest guide from Zybez from August 2007:

- This is a beginner’s layout for questing efficiently after Tutorial Island:

- A great way to train magic if you’re on a budget:

- A great list of do’s and don’ts when you’re first starting:

[ WILL UPDATE AND ADD MORE ]

6. Get active in THE community. Not just a clan. Try to introduce yourself to as many people as possible. Be friendly, helpful and polite. Starting up from nothing can be just as frustrating as difficult. Try to help others out when you can. Search the 07scape forum on the website for items you’re looking for or any help you may need. Let’s really make this a pure-community we have an amazing opportunity to take back this game and all the fun it can be. Try to stay active on www.pure-warfare.com and join the IRC #purewarfare.

7. Monitor your progress. Track your achievements. Find friends to keep you motivated in whatever your goals are. I suggest buying or using an old notepad and using it as your checklist as well as your progress (you can do this with notepad on your computer as well). For me keeping track of things like this and working towards goals always kept me going.

8. Efficiency. One word to rule them all. As mentioned from previous points. Know what you’re going to do before you login. If you optimize your time you will be maximizing your results.

9. Yes. I do believe in the honor code. I do think it says something about the person you are if you choose to follow it or not. Do I think there are exceptions? Of course! However the honor system is a personal choice and I’m not telling you how to play. It’s just something I was a part of and I was really sad to see fall out of place. I plan to help adapt this system and apply it once again.

10. Above it all, try and have fun! The thing that helped to make this game so much fun in 2007 was the community. We’re given a golden opportunity to really take advantage of that with the release of 07scape. We can re-build the community and work with each other to get things going in this first month.

Closing words: Remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day. Good things take time. Remember to pace your gaming time and make the most of the time spent playing. I look forward to the things to come and hope you all the best in your new adventures spent in the old world.

Feel free to add me in-game at V Apex V

Yeah man I do this tbh but Im a grinder 6 - 7 hours daily ;)

p.s no combat till all skills are like 45 + ;)

sko1010.jpg

Old School RSN: IIBlitz

|| #Hazard ||

|| #Sko || Sko-rs.net || Sudden Knock Out - Fear the Unknown || #1 Pure Clan ||

• 2 weeks later...