Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Laptops

Tyler

I'm looking for a lap top to get for around $700-, parents told me to look for one for Christmas, but I honestly have no idea what to get and have tried looking around.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

Smart Anthoni, because those don't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm looking into HP, and have always liked their computers, but I still don't know.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

Do not go with the generalization and think that all big brand names are good laptops. You would be surprised at how terrible Sony Vaios and MacBooks are.

You need to find a brand that is reliable and never lets you down. I currently have a very nice Acer home laptop which cost me about $800. It has 3GB of RAM and 250GB hard drive with a blu ray player and a 17" monitor. It is very efficient and has only broken once and that was due to the charger.

I find it good for multi-tasking ie. listening to music, playing runescape or football manager while on MSN and maybe browsing some forums. It runs Guild Wars pretty well however I am not sure about WoW.

Acer is definitely a good brand but I have heard good things about HPs and Mini-Dells.

Let me know which you choose.

• 4 weeks later...