Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

2010 Winter Olympics

kosherkid

You are a 280 million people country. Relative speaking Suisse is far more superior.

or it means they take way more time in money paying for their olympians to train...more superior , you getting racist here? Or a smell of a jealously

2j2x7r5.jpg

OSBOW.png

0dlsG.png

You are a 280 million people country. Relative speaking Suisse is far more superior.

That's a dumb argument. There's a cultural factor involved, you can't judge off populations. US culture isn't exactly based on winter sports, the way Canada is. We're much more summer sports-based, with more of our athletes competing in summer sports.

Was impressive for the US to win the medal count, surprised Russia finished so low.

I believe not, you can ice skate everywhere with a little bit of money. I went skiing 21 km from my house in Marseille which lies at the mediterrean sea. ... In these times that isn't a problem.

Calling my argument dumb isn't really helping as no argument is dumb since it is inanimate.

doesn't matter about that at all, matters about the government finding people and how much time they want to spend finding specific people and promoting it. Baseball and American football are probably the top 2 sports, and kids in the us don't dream to be Olympians but we still seem to be at the top, i still smell jealously. Population is way to complicated to even talk about and comparing it to success of a country, don't even go there.

2j2x7r5.jpg

OSBOW.png

0dlsG.png

Out of the top 10 most populous countries... only 3 were in the top 10, with China Russia and the US. I think if you look at results China did pretty bad because they have a little more than 4x our population. Russia did really bad because almost all of their sports are winter sports, and they have the culture to support the winter sports. The US did great for not really caring or putting in a great amount of money into these games.