Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Why low defense?

Ray

So, I take it that pures have low defense so that they can maximize their offense at the lowest possible combat level. First off, why maximize offense? Second, why isn't there a attack/prayer requirement to pures? After all, defense does give more offense than attack/pray do.

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I take it that pures have low defense so that they can maximize their offense at the lowest possible combat level. First off, why maximize offense? Second, why isn't there a attack/prayer requirement to pures? After all, defense does give more offense than attack/pray do.

because a level 95 with one defence isn't really pure, it's just an account with 1 defence. theres no point in it when you don't get an advantage from it. but then again you never get an advantage from 20 or 30 defence so why would anyone do it

level 70s and low 80s i guess is where the advantage shifts away from pures. I have a level 92 zerker and I **** on every pure I see no matter what gear they are using or how much better their stats are, i dont see what the point of it is

because a level 95 with one defence isn't really pure, it's just an account with 1 defence. theres no point in it when you don't get an advantage from it. but then again you never get an advantage from 20 or 30 defence so why would anyone do it

level 70s and low 80s i guess is where the advantage shifts away from pures. I have a level 92 zerker and I **** on every pure I see no matter what gear they are using or how much better their stats are, i dont see what the point of it is

Hi my Rsn is HeLLa-AFK, I will be in full statius and a VLS, lets fight.

craig_sig_finished.gif

Hi my Rsn is HeLLa-AFK, I will be in full statius and a VLS, lets fight.

HEY BUDDY I SAID LEVEL 92 NOT LEVEL 102

@13th, what's the point in a pure when it isn't better than a regular main the same combat level

To put it all into depth, pures didn't really "mess up" as time goes on pures find more benefits that require certain skills/quests/etc. so pures get higher def levels, the more benefits jagex put's out there the more pures will get defense just for those benefits. kinda like how God swords came out, everyone got 75 attack just for the GS. But with clan's. Leaders just started seeing them as pures as time went on and started accepting them into clans. If you guys disagree with the fact of having run-ins against mithril or black Armour, then simply set a rule 10- def arm or 1 def arm only. its that simple. But times have changed ALOT. and more and more pures are getting defense and were all just going to have to deal with it when it comes to saturday trips and sunday's.

| Ex Moderator of PUREWARFARE |

If you guys didnt know this game is different then it was about 5-6 years ago. New skills, items and quests come out and people want to take advantage of them.

1 def for life :D

I Vode I

40 Attack | 99 Strength | 1 Defense | 91 Range | 1 Prayer | 91 Magic | 65 Combat

ideume.png
ubd7878tp2.png
18289.png

To put it all into depth, pures didn't really "mess up" as time goes on pures find more benefits that require certain skills/quests/etc. so pures get higher def levels, the more benefits jagex put's out there the more pures will get defense just for those benefits. kinda like how God swords came out, everyone got 75 attack just for the GS. But with clan's. Leaders just started seeing them as pures as time went on and started accepting them into clans. If you guys disagree with the fact of having run-ins against mithril or black Armour, then simply set a rule 10- def arm or 1 def arm only. its that simple. But times have changed ALOT. and more and more pures are getting defense and were all just going to have to deal with it when it comes to saturday trips and sunday's.

So if pures were made for pking and now they suck ass at it, then wouldn't a main or a rune pure be the new pure?

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

So if pures were made for pking and now they suck ass at it, then wouldn't a main or a rune pure be the new pure?

Cant really tell right now, but if some clans are starting to accept 30 defence here and there, we will never know, time can only tell, however, there are clans for rune pures. And In my opinion, I don't think we will accept pures at 40 defense.

You don't just change the meaning of pure because it is more convenient to your preferences. If you're so against low defense Ray you know where to find rune pure/main clan forums

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

You don't just change the meaning of pure because it is more convenient to your preferences. If you're so against low defense Ray you know where to find rune pure/main clan forums

I have my reasons for staying 1 defense, but they're obviously not the same reasons that everyone else shares. I'm wondering why other people stay 1-20 defense. If there is a meaning to pures like you say, I would like to know that meaning.

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

There is no "True" meaning to pures. pures have been 1-20 defense for years and that is what we see on our eyes as pure. But like I said before, time will change this. Everyone has their different views on pures, its all about what we can tolerate as being a "pure" and a "main" most of you would say 30 defense is not pure, but why not? why cant 35 defense be pure also? well there is a reason to that, and most will agree, but its because of the lower defense pures not being able to hit the higher defense pures. but when relating defense to clans, it is not any different. The leaders just need to decide what defense level they will tolerate.

There is no "True" meaning to pures. pures have been 1-20 defense for years and that is what we see on our eyes as pure. But like I said before, time will change this. Everyone has their different views on pures, its all about what we can tolerate as being a "pure" and a "main" most of you would say 30 defense is not pure, but why not? why cant 35 defense be pure also? well there is a reason to that, and most will agree, but its because of the lower defense pures not being able to hit the higher defense pures. but when relating defense to clans, it is not any different. The leaders just need to decide what defense level they will tolerate.

If times change, then why must we be so stubborn? Pures were made for pking, but at the same time, pures are the worse pking build possible. The reason why everyone cries so much about mains, rune pures, and addy daddies is because they all beat us. What's the point of building an account to pk when you are making as crappy as possible?

I don't think clan leaders have the power to change the game. There's nothing stopping Hf from beating on pures all the time, and there is nothing stopping someone from making a lower level rune pure/main clan just to destroy all pure clans week after week.

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

^^ this. IMO getting 20 def for gloves n defender is more valid than for getting it for mystic...

u wanna farcast with that mystic? that was NH back in old wildy too. And as i said before, makes you hit NO higher.

ily :blush:

Imo for pure in regards to attack/prayer,

you need a low attack level for your chosen weapon then leave it.

Obby Mauler

Statius/w.e crap

Rune

Maul

Dragon

Godsword.

You get 1/20/40/50/60/75 and keep it there, that is pure.

But you have the problem of a whip having to be used on attack, attack is offensive, it's kinda in the name lol but it raises combat, you get advantage of hitting more often but hey, that's equalled out by you having a low defence level so you don't get as much of an advantage. Not saying 99 attack isn't pure, although it may sound like that, but thats my viewpoint.

Now for prayer

1 for ultimate pure

11 for dt

15 for dt+accumulator

31 for str pray

44 for range

45 for mage

52 for smite

going up to 52 was fine, smite the prayer get more whips.

Now you have the issue of turmoils it's kind of thrown it out the window. but that use to be my viewpoint.

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

So are we all just intentionally making this crappy build for no reason?

once we pass about lvl 85 then yeah

any pure is better than the AVERAGE main though, but no average mains pk anymore, tis all runepures or ranger tanks at higher levels and those tear pures just as much now as they did back then

pureclan.png

I am the best pker in the world.

PROOF

how about

99attck

99str

99hp

99mage

85range

11def?

nah, when i went pking on your acc i got downed by a tank ranger pretty quickly. lolzor.

7431051924523195.png

@High Council of the #1 pure clan.

If you don't like how we run our clan, we're doing it right.

If times change, then why must we be so stubborn? Pures were made for pking, but at the same time, pures are the worse pking build possible. The reason why everyone cries so much about mains, rune pures, and addy daddies is because they all beat us. What's the point of building an account to pk when you are making as crappy as possible?

I don't think clan leaders have the power to change the game. There's nothing stopping Hf from beating on pures all the time, and there is nothing stopping someone from making a lower level rune pure/main clan just to destroy all pure clans week after week.

That's what makes the game challenging :blush:

pures shud be 1-20 def.

end of story rly.... if your 30 def... thats a great pker.. but its not a pure clan...

so are clans like TLP pure clans or PKER clans?

pker clans imo

how can you say that when plodeh is 30 def

Attack Big Alex 67(Level-85+10)/ 2 more options

ba67.png

bigalex672.png

In conclusion to this topic all pure clans should make requirements 30 def now because that's the new trend going around nowadays because runescape is changing and we need to do so also.

pg0j18.gif

pureclan.png

YpN4A.png

fodurn.jpg