Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Teams in general

Taylor

I remember when a team use to be just 3 or 4, maybe 5 friends out PKing, having fun, and making money at the same time.

I remember gearing up in F2P with a few friends, grabbing some binds, and making my way to the Dark Knight Castle with them. After we checked the castle, we'd occasionally check out bandits, see if anyone is training there.

Then we'd make our way to the Hillz..yes, the hillz. We'd stand north for a little while, shaking in our boots, then charge in just to find no one there. What did we do then? we made a death dot, and waited for our first victims.

We wait for about 3 minutes, and sure enough, we see 1 white dot leading and 1 white dot following. So our little 4 man team would charge in, thinking: "easy kills, 4v2." We right click to see 2097403 people that most likely massed up in level 1. Screaming and peeing ourselves, we'd run into the trees and go to level 1; then we would laugh at how insane that was. Then we hop and do it all over again.

Anyways, on to my point. Now all the teams you see are generally 8+ people pking at one time. If you ask me, these are just people that want more loot, with less effort.

Team pking, to me, is for fun, and possibly show off some of your pk skills, not to make money (unless you do drag pking). If you want money, learn how to solo (although it is kind of difficult now with the **** updates).

--

discuss

You could also say scouting has ruined clans/teams?

Their's a point that back in the days, Clans would just run into clans, And fight it out. No one knew who was round the corner.

These days, If a well organized clan, you can get locations of everyone in a couple of minutes.

Meh, Scouting has its good and bad points.

bjiq7t.gifCeejay

I Miss you all muchly <3 bjiq7t.gif

Then we'd make our way to the Hillz..yes, the hillz. We'd stand north for a little while, shaking in our boots, then charge in just to find no one there. What did we do then? we made a death dot, and waited for our first victims.

Dead on, what me and my friends did.

rj3yo6.png

zml077.jpg

It's the new generation of pures. Most of these never knew what the wilderness was like and how loot was the smallest issue because it was much easier to make money back in the days (Pure wise, Main wise you can make a lot now-adays with corp beast, GWD etc.).

R.I.P Zenith - Gone, but never forgotten.
W6wg8.png

Ahh yes the good ol'times. I remember doing exactly what you said in F2P. But now no one pks at Hillz because Jagex ruined Pking. So I guess people adapt to it by teaming up with more people.

pg0j18.gif

pureclan.png

YpN4A.png

fodurn.jpg

• 1 month later...

I dont see how teams are different than clans other than not doing fullout wars and stuff.

Imo teams are just an excuse so that you can stay and pk with your current clan but also pk with your "team" and not be considered a double clanner.

This is why I am in one.

captionednoblkguy.png

I dont see how teams are different than clans other than not doing fullout wars and stuff.

Imo teams are just an excuse so that you can stay and pk with your current clan but also pk with your "team" and not be considered a double clanner.

This is why I am in one.

ya the one that u stay and 'pk' with all the time

trolled ryan omg wtf is happening

Good old days, where the hills were called giants and the spot between giants and fog was called hills...

Nowadays... the whole wilderness are just run by massers..

I can get a small team of 2-5 people and just kill off few dots every once a while to have the similar feeling of the old days, but not as often anymore. It was fun while it lasted

New member of Destructive Pures

Proud EX Co-leader of [C]a[R]petDemons

#carpediem

CRis2009.png

Old-school unit

Good old days, where the hills were called giants and the spot between giants and fog was called hills...

Nowadays... the whole wilderness are just run by massers..

I can get a small team of 2-5 people and just kill off few dots every once a while to have the similar feeling of the old days, but not as often anymore. It was fun while it lasted

The only fun with teaming now is if your in p2p and one of you get's a target.

• 3 weeks later...

I've registered on these forums just to post on this topic.

Thanks for bringing back such warm memories. I must agree back when RS2 was just released and up to '06 was absolutely the best pking days ...

You described everything perfectly ... My crew was Larsin, Lance, Pheo, Aussie Arrows, Nexo with a few other guys ... we'd be pking daily together all the time ... we only trained if nobody was online, but even if a single person would be online, we'd meet up (bank, alter or lvl 1) right away and just ... pk and bloody have fun. One of us gets 43 prayer, and we all do, one day one of us (Lance) got 30 def, and we all followed, a week later all of us made new pures lol

Giants ... bloody giants lol I'd get goosebumps from excitement every time we'd go up from lava, every single time would be a different scenario when we go up. We never knew what to expect and always had fun

****... lol

Ex FOE Co-Leader

foesig4yearsred.png

foechamps-1.gif[