Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Balls at the speed of light

Simmo

OK so say you were on a spaceship traveling through a vacuum at the speed of light. Ignoring the fact that it's dam near imposable.

Question .1

If you were to though a ball in front of you would that ball then be going faster then the speed of light?

Question .2

If this spaceship had head lights would you be able to see them or anything in front of you?

simmo200.png

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if serious...

Yes, you're traveling at the speed of light, so essentially, if you threw a 100 mph fast ball, the ball would be going 100 mph faster than the speed of light. Seeing that it is a vacuum, it would never slow down.

But this brings me to my next point, if it is a vacuum, would the ball ever stop increasing speed...

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

Yes, you're traveling at the speed of light, so essentially, if you threw a 100 mph fast ball, the ball would be going 100 mph faster than the speed of light. Seeing that it is a vacuum, it would never slow down.

But this brings me to my next point, if it is a vacuum, would the ball ever stop increasing speed...

You know that nothing with mass can travel faster than the speed of light, right? It's a fundamental law (or axiom) of physics. E = mc^2, and all that.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

1. if you are traveling at the speed of light, then the light = x variable , speed = y variable.

x + y =/= speed of light + the speed of a ball being thrown because x and y are letters

2. if there were no headlights then how do you know u are even going anywhere because u cant see anything

edit: something to do with burger king

TH IS MY ONE

Yes, and the ball would hit a very advanced species in the head **** them off, and doom earth.

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg