Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Politically Correctness

whalemeat

Alright I was gonna post this in the rants forum but I decided to turn it into something a little more constructive.

I've kept this under wraps for a while now, but it's 2011 people, time to grow up.

I've seen so many people use these words, even staff and administrators, and I'm not talking just on the forums, in the IRC too.

• fagg0t
  • retard
  • gay
  • hom0

etc.

Call me whatever you want but this **** makes you look 14. I'm making a suggestion to the community to try and be a little more pc. This is after all a community.

NB4 flame

macepalm.png
lol macepalm
[19:31] <@badger> wtf am i looking at
whalemeat.png

I agree, though I have more of a problem with it in everyday life than just the boards or IRC. Whenever I type, whether it's a text-message, board post, or whatever, I do my best to type correctly. You can ask anyone; my texts are almost always complete sentences, with punctuation. I just think it's proper, and intelligent. I try to do this on the boards too, mostly because I'm an admin, and I'm supposed to be representing the community and setting examples. Granted, I do slip (a lot), on IRC, just because it's a lot less formal, and it's group chat.

More on topic, the name calling has to stop as well. I think I do it very rarely (correct me if I'm wrong), for the same reasons as I type correctly. I prefer to come off as intelligent. Unfortunately, we'd be tyrants if we warned users for minor namecalling, and there's always a "he did worse" argument. I think more than anything, you should act properly just for your own dignity and image.

If more elaborate text filters need to be put in place (ones which contain regex functions do detect filter evasion), I can work on that. However, it should be left to member maturity. I really respect that you addressed this issue, because it's one of the little things that so many people overlook.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

I feel like it was more or less a result of the wilderness changes. When clans lost the initiative to be respectful and maintain their reputations in the wilderness, the members lost that initiative in the community.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

This kind of behavior is everywhere. While vulgar/offensive to some, you cannot expect an overnight change.

In my opinion it all comes down to how you personally act, and who you choose to be friends with.

Also some of us are 14 (and younger). ^_^

Untitled-3.png

Yeah, although I am posting this in the suggestions forum. I am, in fact, just sayin'

This kind of behavior is everywhere. While vulgar/offensive to some, you cannot expect an overnight change.

Not really expecting an overnight change.. although its a really really really easy change to make.

macepalm.png
lol macepalm
[19:31] <@badger> wtf am i looking at
whalemeat.png

people can get away with calling me retard and when i respond, i get banned

civil rights act was 40 years ago, where the **** is equality

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Bodybuilding.jpg