Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Attack

Jet

Out of the result of no one understanding this topic was a joke, i'll make it more obvious by posting a recent clan discush topic by our friend p0ke N die http://www.pure-warfare.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16322

There are about 101 topics about defence on pures. Shame on us for leaving out other combat stats out of the question when discussing pure evolution! How about one for attack now? Would you consider 99 attack to "not be pure"? Post away.

Alright so I just wanted to make another topic about attack, if mad please click back button. The last few months has pretty much been the pure community bitching about attack and why it sucks ass, well I'll tell you right now.

So pretty much pures were originally made to be focused around one stat (e.g a ranged pure or a magic pure and then you had 60 attack with 99 strength etc.) and then a few years ago, when people started questing for dragon scim, people started to get 61+ attack, eventually so that they could use godswords. Then shortly after a bunch of clan leaders started influencing 75+ attack because of the advantages that it provided.

We as a community are 40-60 attack out of respect, or we were originally. Pure warring is a completely different ball game to main warring. If I liked main warring, I'd go join a clan on my main. But the 'speed' of pure warring makes it much more fast-paced and so as a community we sort of agreed to only allow 40-60 attack in clans.

Using 40-60 attack was always the way pures fought, we didn't allow 81+ attack because we were pure clans but also because that wouldn't be fair if we fought clans with 60- attack, I'm sure all clan leaders are leading in this pure sector because they like the style of warring.

Now with 99 attack, it's a step right past 60 and onto chaotic. And clans with 60 attack requirements that don't allow chaotic complain about other PURE clans using chaotic/korasi weapons. Well let me ask you something right now...

EOP complain about people using chaotics attacking them when EOP are 80 att.

And then EOP wonder why MM complain about the korasis when MM are 78+ attack.

The argument is that 78-99 attack has changed the dynamics of pure warring, like it or not. There are people with 90 attack in pure clans that are able hit more often than ppl with 40 attack. I mean there were probably people who got 61 attack back in 2006 but leaders wouldn't allow it out of respect. And today, go out on saturday and pretty much every clan will be there with super high attack apart from the clans who remember what it was like when we could all be civil and agree to stop it.

I mean what if MM changed to 99 attack reqs, everybody would flame them right and be like wow MM are mains now **** this. Well that is exactly what 61 att is to pure clans.

------- after this point I stop trolling P0ke's post RE: Defence --- (for people w/o a brain)

-------

EDIT: This wasn't meant to bash attack lol. Just try to compare getting 99 att to getting turmoil. Both gain the same amount of cb levels (roughly), and one is severly overpowered (turmoil).

Have the 28 def turm acc fight the max melee 1-20 def account in the same armour, and turm will hit both higher and more often. Discuss.

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

Soo... no opinions on getting 99 attack on pures hmm? Yet a topic about defence reached 5 pages, while half the posters claim it not to be an issue.

Well isn't this forum just wonderfully opinionated and original. I truly thought better of it

I personally have never thought that raising attack was something to frown upon/look down at, even since the beggining of my pure clan career in 04 there was those with high attack. For example, when whip first came out those with 70 attack were gods, and not seen as developing into a main.

I think the difference between attack and defence is that attack is purely offensive, and the big issue around defence is the defensive advantages it gives, drifting away from the traditional fast paced action the majority of us got into pures for.

So in conclusion, the more attack the better in terms of clans, it can only help, and for single pking theres a sweet spot.

Epidemic
eepidemic.png

Sure attack might provide slight offensive bonus, though in terms of cb levels gained, 60-99 attack pails in comparison to 1-28 def required for turmoil.

A 28 def turm account fights a 1-20 def 99 att 99 str acc [same combat lvl], in the same armour. Who will hit higher or more often?

Shut up

dont hate the playa, hate the game

Yeah good point estonian, with the introduction of new weapons we've seen certain clans put rules such "no chaotics" or "no korasis" in clan wars fights.

We're questing for these new weapons the same way one might quest for turmoil. People claim the weapons aren't a problem. Yet in capped fights, we're seeing the exclusion of them, why?

is this a joke or what?

Yes, at first it was. now its a discussion

> Pure Warfare > Clan Corner > Clan Discussion

well, since pures are meant to be offensive by nature, and if attack allows offensive weapons and agressive tactics to be used then I consider that a pure and it is consistant with the ideology of pures being offensive rather than defensive. Defence, on the other hand, is another issue.

Well attack i think is pure, as long as ur def is low. Pures are always aiming for huge hits, but low def, and huges hits come from higher att considering the weapons that can be used from the higher att.

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

I mean what if MM changed to 99 attack reqs, everybody would flame them right and be like wow MM are mains now **** this. Well that is exactly what 61 att is to pure clans.

Not really, I wouldn't flame someone over attack lol. I'd be like "Wow that's kind of stupid to have a requirement of 99 attack." Then I'd move on and stop caring, because in the end I don't think it's that important or something worth dwelling on.

Proud Ex-Leader of Carnage

Proud Ex-Manager of TLP

heard of the abyssal whip? its a few years old.

attack is awesome. best thing i ever got on my pure.

..::PKin since classic '03 evildevilpy9.gif ::..