Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Fast enough internet connection?

Dan - High Rating

Ok, so on trips i'm starting to get bad lag since we're pulling 90+ and with loads of summoning now, down to 1fps at times. I did a speed test on speedtest.net and my dl speed is 14.5mbs, upload is 1.1mbs and a ping of 35. I honestly don't know if these are good enough for trips or whether my computer is causing the problem. My computer was a server at my dads work but I bought it off them because they had a back up so it is relitively new, and has a 3.8ghz processor, but only 2gb of ram and i think it has the most basic graphics card since it was an office computer. Also note that I do not run any other applications whilst doing trips than rs client, ts and mIRC. I use Iobit Gamebooster aswell but still this lag. Any insight as to whether my comp, internet or both is causing the problem.

Thanks

Make sure you have all RS graphics set to minimum.

Sometimes applications may be running by windows, you just don't know whether they should be running or not. Try and clear your cache/prefetch every once in a while as well as temporary files..

Like I said there may be application you have no idea exists that run on your computer, I'm assuming there is still software on your dad's computer so you should probably ask him before deleting anything unfamiliar.

If after clearing all uncessary files you still lag then you need to change your graphics card.. Your p3 processor is fine and 2gb ram is more than enough for runescape.

If you need help PM me on www.eop-rs.com or /query Solo|Away [EoP]Solo_K1ng and I can help you out on teamviewer if you wish.

NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE. Click the link below to go beyond the limits.

qOY7v.png

Make sure you have all RS graphics set to minimum.

Sometimes applications may be running by windows, you just don't know whether they should be running or not. Try and clear your cache/prefetch every once in a while as well as temporary files..

Like I said there may be application you have no idea exists that run on your computer, I'm assuming there is still software on your dad's computer so you should probably ask him before deleting anything unfamiliar.

If after clearing all uncessary files you still lag then you need to change your graphics card.. Your p3 processor is fine and 2gb ram is more than enough for runescape.

If you need help PM me on www.eop-rs.com or /query Solo|Away [EoP]Solo_K1ng and I can help you out on teamviewer if you wish.

ty for the helpful response. I had the hardrive reformatted and cleaned so there was nothing on that comp when I got it, i'll do the things you suggested, but do you think my internet is too slow aswell? or will that not make a difference? Thanks for the reply solo.

You're computer is causing the problem. The best ideas would be to make sure everything is on minimal graphics, set Runescape's priority to Highest on the control panel, and as a last resort buy more RAM for your computer.

council1.gifProud Ex-High Council of Fatality

111127211342.png

ok ty, I'm gna be buying a good graphics card and see how it is, then if I think I need it i'll buy some more RAM. I will also makesure I do the things mentioned about deleting temp files etc. I alway play rs on min graphics:).

Ty for responses guys.

This is my test results from www.speedtest.net, a reliable source. Yours are higher than mine and I don't lag at all. So no, it's not your internet.

1351624314.png

My laptop specs

Processor: AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-64 2.20 Ghz

Memory: 3GB

Chip Type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x791F)

Do what I said and we'll work from there.

qOY7v.png

This is my test results from www.speedtest.net, a reliable source. Yours are higher than mine and I don't lag at all. So no, it's not your internet.

1351624314.png

My laptop specs

Thanks man thats great news i dont need to switch isps woulda cost me so much cos i would have to change phone lines too. I'll do everything you said, ordering a new gfx card atm and i'll see how it is with our prep with you tomorrow night, as thats the closest thing I have to a trip. Once again, thanks for your time solo, you've been very helpful

We have a prep with you tomorrow night?

And you're welcome, PM me on IRC for free maintenance if **** still doesn't work out.

Serious question though, we have a prep with you tomorrow?

qOY7v.png

We have a prep with you tomorrow night?

And you're welcome, PM me on IRC for free maintenance if **** still doesn't work out.

Serious question though, we have a prep with you tomorrow?

yeah man, 11pm gmt p2p prep :), according to our forums anyway. Seeya there ;)

It's your Graphics. Set them to Software in game and it will be fine. Since you can Run Runescape on as little as 500 MHz and a 1G Ram. :)

Hope this helped.

ezreal_sprite_by_gnahzdivad-d52afck.png
Electriq • European West (EUW) • Gold Division IV Sejuani's Hunters

Just click 'Quest Tabs' In game whenever you lag. OH WAIT, was that an EOP secret I just let leak? OOPS

Untitled5t65345.png

1351624314.png

My laptop specs

You should have a higher upload speed.

you will never know my true identity