Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Does anyone else feel like I do?

Oh Garrett

Hey guys, i feel i should warn you before you read my post here that this might offend some people. But that's ok. It's only the internet.

So i started playing runescape again for the first time in a couple years. I used to play in 05, then quit when wildy was removed a few years later. But i'm back and enjoying everything and trying to learn about all the new items and skills that have be added to the game.

While looking on PW and just playing the game in general, i've found that a new trend has occurred in the world of pking. Apparently they call themselves turmoil pures. At first i laughed and said ok so they are like zerker "pures" and barrow "pures", they just tack the name pure onto their account to show that they are actual pkers that belong in the wild and their stats reflect a certain purpose. But after delving further i am sad to say that people actually think they are still pures and a large number of old "pure" clans now accept them.

As i explored more, i found that these clans and players actually pit themselves against actual old school pures who are 1 def and 52- prayer. Do these players actually still believe they are members of the pure community? Are you kidding me? Do you see your stats, 35 defence and 95 prayer? These turmoil pures end up having 100+ combat easily and have no problem wearing full addy to f2p events. I'm not going to name clan names simply because... almost all of them do accept these players. But am i the only one who sees something really wrong with this? Pures were born really with 1 purpose in mind. To deal a ton of damage at a low level. Then hybrids spawned and you could use multiple combat styles at low combat.

Now i see these clans with average combats of something like 98, that call themselves pure clans. This is ridiculous. In the older days, a range tank or zerker pure would max out at under 100 combat. And did they go pking with mayhem makers or foe? absolutely not, that would have been a disgrace. But 39 defence is ok right?

People are going to make the argument that yes pures were designed to have low combats by utilizing low prayer and defence, but these turmoil pures do the same thing, they deal tons of damage but it requires a few extra stats. And i would counter with, well thats what a zerker pure used to be. You get 45 defence so you can use things like torso and zerker helm to boost your max somewhat.

Bottom line i think there is something wrong with lv 110's with 30 something more defence levels and at least 40 prayer lvs higher than real pures. I don't have a problem with players who enjoy this style of pking, i have a problem with them being compared to real pure clans like Mayhem Makers or NME, who don't accept these requirements. When a lv 110 kills a maxed lv 82 pure, its not a surprise or an accomplishment.

But maybe i'm wrong and i'd like to hear what everyone in the community thinks about these changes in pure clans (i know i'm late to this sorry).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are really late to a topic of discussion that people either care or don't care about. It's a pretty bold line separating the two thoughts. You can't persuade someone.

seems to be accepted now tho level 70s and 80s fighting them does seem abit much

Yeah i agree. It's like these people have identity crisis. They want all the benefits a main gets, but still want to come and fight pure clans. Not trying to point fingers or take sides, but for example FOE accuses MM of calling Higher Force which is their main group. Don't they realize that Higher Force has a closer combat level to them (at least their turmoil pures) than MM does? They should be fighting Higher Force instead of ragging on a clan with a level disadvantage.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The only clan close to a pure clan is Nme. Pures can't wear steel, but they have the only reasonable cap. If you mess up so much that you have 20 defence, you should start over. I'd rather have a 30 defence account with turmoil than a 20 defence account with maybe rune gloves.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

1-4 def is a real pure

tumblr_m9dpcd0RG91qinurto1_400.jpg

"Microphone murderer mass Mayhem Maker

B.I.G. is on the mic call the undertaker

Make and appointment, schedule an interview

Because you know what big mans about to do"

This use to be a big thing like a year ago, and it rarely get's talked about anymore. It's accepted, but it's not. It all depends on who you talk to. You have to understand though, as new people come into the community they are going to make their own changes. But even so, I know people that have been in pure clans for 6+ years, and they take their accounts and get it 30 or so deef. So it's really how you look at it. I don't mind 30 deef, but I wouldn't get it myself.

What do you want people to do? You can't join a tank/zerk clan with 30 defence because you'd get wrecked. The only thing to shut people up about 30 defence is if they started their own clan that was 30-39 defence only. But lets face it, they'd fight "pure" clans anyways and should get destroyed by any tank/zerk clan that they tried fighting. There isn't enough of them to start a new community just to revolve around turmoil pures, thus why they are in current pure clans today.

Retired

Maxed Zerker - B iohazard

Maxed 30 Defence - Devin

Most of the people on this topic aren't even going to read the thread, and yet post some type of spam just so they can get their +1's. Fair-Warning ahead of time.

3Cdph.png
uwRgV.gif
★★ I Support Piracy ★★
Scapin' Since SmallSword.gif 2003

The only clan close to a pure clan is Nme. Pures can't wear steel, but they have the only reasonable cap. If you mess up so much that you have 20 defence, you should start over. I'd rather have a 30 defence account with turmoil than a 20 defence account with maybe rune gloves.

Agreed :]. I can understand 3 or 4 defence from gravite; maybe even 7 like fear figment had. But when clans are just like, ok anything 20 and under is fine all i can think is what?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What do you want people to do? You can't join a tank/zerk clan with 30 defence because you'd get wrecked. The only thing to shut people up about 30 defence is if they started their own clan that was 30-39 defence only. But lets face it, they'd fight "pure" clans anyways and should get destroyed by any tank/zerk clan that they tried fighting. There isn't enough of them to start a new community just to revolve around turmoil pures, thus why they are in current pure clans today.

This logic sucks. It's like saying, ok i'm a lv 55 pure with 80 range i botted at SW. Since there are no real clans at my level, i'll just hop into MM or EOP because there is no community for me.

I get that some people choose to be turm pures and i respect that option. But i also take pride in my account after messing up many before it and maxing out at 1 defence. Why don't people simply make a new account to join the pure community with? Haven't we all made at least 3-5 different pures in the past?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most of the people on this topic aren't even going to read the thread, and yet post some type of spam just so they can get their +1's. Fair-Warning ahead of time.

Thanks for the heads up, i realize this.

@ the guy calling this propaganda. I'm asking for the community to give their opinion on a topic i brought up. I'm open to others opinions and arguments so feel free to try and change my mind.

I feel like a bunch of people **** up and get something like 3 defence and to fix it they bot up their account to turmoil. But i happened to take pride in my account and work ******* my stats. Why should i or anyone else who is low defence pure be competing with lv 100 combat kids. And if turmoil is the new norm, why doesn't everyone just forget 1 defence and go for turm right away? Way to destroy a great population of the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think a lot of people would like to go back, but people thought of it as survival of the fitest, and they all went out and got turmoil and 30 def. Now they can't turn back so they just accept it. NME pretty much proved how having 1 defence can own people.

Proud to have been a member of Carnage [2008-Closed]

Proud Legend of Zenith [2010-Present]

seanssig.jpg

seansltdpic1edited.jpg

This use to be a big thing like a year ago, and it rarely get's talked about anymore. It's accepted, but it's not. It all depends on who you talk to. You have to understand though, as new people come into the community they are going to make their own changes. But even so, I know people that have been in pure clans for 6+ years, and they take their accounts and get it 30 or so deef. So it's really how you look at it. I don't mind 30 deef, but I wouldn't get it myself.

know whats funny is when the Turmoilers ( 110cb ) complain that 126 mains are sniping them. Yet for a lvl 80 and a 110 is attacking them isnt that the same thing.

Also its all for the +1. The game changed and so did people 1 clan was like o snap 30def 95pray bigger hits we can win more preps and wildy fights.. Then it went from 30 def to 31-33 with Handcannon and or mistakes.. which then changed to o im 33 i might aswell get 35 for agile... to hey i can get away with 39def....

Quit Scape.

I just don't like when people with Turmoil rag regular pures at easts or wests >.<

2nbekbn.jpg
2djs2dz.png
Proud +Experienced Member Of Annihilation
34g7xv5.png

Alex | Asim | Brit | Drewz | Halloween | Lil Nick | Malik | Sharpy | Tylur | Ultama | Zetix | Zetex | Zot

Proud to be 1 def and in NME lol

You're nor going to change the minds of those who want turm, imo it's a survival tactic, certain clans needed the added def to get more wins on lil guys to stay open, then it just evolved.

Proud to have been a +Member, +Legend, and ^Council of Enemy
AqopR.png

I think a lot of people would like to go back, but people thought of it as survival of the fitest, and they all went out and got turmoil and 30 def. Now they can't turn back so they just accept it. NME pretty much proved how having 1 defence can own people.

I really respect both NME and MM for staying true to their origins.

And i think plenty of people could start over new pures. Sure they wouldn't be the top dogs anymore and would have to work hard to max out acc, etc. But i don't buy the, oh i'm done with my turm account i don't need to put any effort into pure warfare anymore. with all due respect, **** that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

know whats funny is when the Turmoilers ( 110cb ) complain that 126 mains are sniping them. Yet for a lvl 80 and a 110 is attacking them isnt that the same thing.

Also its all for the +1. The game changed and so did people 1 clan was like o snap 30def 95pray bigger hits we can win more preps and wildy fights.. Then it went from 30 def to 31-33 with Handcannon and or mistakes.. which then changed to o im 33 i might aswell get 35 for agile... to hey i can get away with 39def....

This is exactly how i feel. Don't they realize their combat is closer to those maxed mains than to a lv 80 pure? And this slippery slope crap is going to destroy our community from the inside out. It's going to be first 30 defence for turm, then 35, then 39 is acceptable anything but 40. Why not get 1 defence level and become a main? You practically are already, who are you kidding? And then clans will become zerker pures with 40 or 45 defence; then there is no point to not getting more defence because you'll be something like 115 combat. Then i woke up drenched in sweat and posted this on pure warfare. Let the prophecy begin

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just don't like when people with Turmoil rag regular pures at easts or wests >.<

Yeah or when a clan full of addy rags on a clan that has a clear disadvantage in levels.

My real question to you the community is, why shouldn't i or any other real pure go get turmoil right now? Any idiot can bot up the 95m or whatever to get 95 prayer. The stats and quests are easily done, albeit a small challenge. And i can stay a part of a community, while having overpowered stats and skills. What point does 1 def 52 prayer have anymore in a world where almost every clan is saying, go ahead and get your turm cuz we don't give a **** anymore we just want big pulls and bragging rights on a game. What is wrong with these people?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I understand what you're saying, and I agree with you. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done about it. It's really too bad that the only clans left that are actually pures are #mayhem-makers and #enemy. At least true pures are not 100% dead. Things change i guess, and it's really too bad.

Clan History

MM June 11th 2011- October 22nd 2011

EoP October 26th 2011- December 18th 2011

So ******* true.....

Black people in real life.