Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Defence levels

-Austin-

How much of a difference do you think it makes?

Quite a lot. Even in one defence armour fights, higher defence levels still affect the amount that is hit.

Do you think you can compete well with a lower defence average?

Yes, NME is a prime example of this. Competing with the best whilst still having the lowest defence average in the pure world.

Do you encourage more defence in your clan for this very reason?

No, as you probably know our defence is very limited in NME.

I expected better from the council of nme. Defence does not impact what you hit, only if you hit.

On topic: It makes a small difference but if it's a 1 def cap in term of equipment, not so much.

Yea apart from having to right click high def nubs competing isn't too difficult.

I would never encourage defense.

I think you need to read his post over again. You didn't get his meaning.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

35 Defence, or GTFO.

39 Defence, or gtfo.

OT: Defence does help, it gives some clans a boost, but if u look at clans like Eop who have banished addy from trips they still do great in f2p while fighting clans that use addy.

Addy also weighs a **** ton, causing u to have no run which doesnt help with pushs, if 1 def clans were smart they would call pushs and regroups and have the 30 def clan run all over the place causing them to fall behind and spread out which then u can pick them off.

Why do you think NME calls so many movements :)

Yes defence helps but people like me gain attack levels to make up for it, or use better weps. My longbow sight hits constant every Saturday, I rarely hit 0s, and my g2h hits some high numbers pretty accurately w/ 80 att 99 str.

I'd say NME, the lowest def avg in the pure world, competes exceptionally well considering.

I would never encourage someone to get Def, I'm against it, but it's your own decision. Though unless it's for turm, you're pretty much a failure.

I would say NME is a exception, they do compete with the big boys, and do a great job at it as well with such a low defence avg. So props to u guys, i think NME performs so great in the wild compared to clan wars is because NME likes to use big areas to do their movements, which in clan wars its restricted, or harder to perform. Thats why i think NME performs better in the wildy and can compete with clans that use addy.

Just my thoughts.

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

35 Defence, or GTFO.

39 Defence, or gtfo.

OT: Defence does help, it gives some clans a boost, but if u look at clans like Eop who have banished addy from trips they still do great in f2p while fighting clans that use addy.

Addy also weighs a **** ton, causing u to have no run which doesnt help with pushs, if 1 def clans were smart they would call pushs and regroups and have the 30 def clan run all over the place causing them to fall behind and spread out which then u can pick them off.

Why do you think NME calls so many movements :)

Yes defence helps but people like me gain attack levels to make up for it, or use better weps. My longbow sight hits constant every Saturday, I rarely hit 0s, and my g2h hits some high numbers pretty accurately w/ 80 att 99 str.

I'd say NME, the lowest def avg in the pure world, competes exceptionally well considering.

I would never encourage someone to get Def, I'm against it, but it's your own decision. Though unless it's for turm, you're pretty much a failure.

I would say NME is a exception, they do compete with the big boys, and do a great job at it as well with such a low defence avg. So props to u guys, i think NME performs so great in the wild compared to clan wars is because NME likes to use big areas to do their movements, which in clan wars its restricted, or harder to perform. Thats why i think NME performs better in the wildy and can compete with clans that use addy.

Just my thoughts.

Or because of the opt advantage they always have.

9qae7l.png

Well it's annoying fighting clans that use addy. It sometimes feels like you're fighting mains (but less organised). The people in addy who are over cmb 100+ are the most annoying. They can tank almost 2x longer than someone in 1 def gear in the length of the whole fight. You need atleast 6 people on him/her for the person to die after like 15~ seconds. One defence pures get most of the time 1 hit or die after 5~ seconds when 6 people focus on him/her in f2p (ofcourse there are always a few exceptions). So a clan that has tons of addy and mith will almost always win in a matched fight vs a clan that hardly has addy/mith or no addy/mith at all.

So yes, addy has a HUGE impact on smaller (50 vs 50ish is the max) fights. Also people tend to forget that people with turmoil have a high pray lvl. Which also helps a ton in fights. In NME for example most people have around 50 pray, compare that with TLP and Foe for example. Their avg pray lvl is in the 70-80 I believe. Defence and prayer affect a fight a lot.

When I compare NME with clans that have a lot of addy I put them into two completely different categories. Pures and semi-rune pures. So it does feel like an accomplishment when we beat such a clan. And it's ok when we lose vs such clans because they have huge advantages over NME. In even opt fights it's hard for NME to win. But hey? Nothing is impossible.

heartline8.gif

How much of a difference do you think it makes?

Quite a lot. Even in one defence armour fights, higher defence levels still affect the amount that is hit.

Do you think you can compete well with a lower defence average?

Yes, NME is a prime example of this. Competing with the best whilst still having the lowest defence average in the pure world.

Do you encourage more defence in your clan for this very reason?

No, as you probably know our defence is very limited in NME.

I expected better from the council of nme. Defence does not impact what you hit, only if you hit.

On topic: It makes a small difference but if it's a 1 def cap in term of equipment, not so much.

Yea apart from having to right click high def nubs competing isn't too difficult.

I would never encourage defense.

I said amount that is hit, not how high someone can hit. So yes, I was saying if you hit rather than what you hit.

Proud Ex - High Council of Epidemic
Proud Ex - Leader of Enemy
Proud Mayhem Maker

Well it's annoying fighting clans that use addy. It sometimes feels like you're fighting mains (but less organised). The people in addy who are over cmb 100+ are the most annoying. They can tank almost 2x longer than someone in 1 def gear in the length of the whole fight. You need atleast 6 people on him/her for the person to die after like 15~ seconds. One defence pures get most of the time 1 hit or die after 5~ seconds when 6 people focus on him/her in f2p (ofcourse there are always a few exceptions). So a clan that has tons of addy and mith will almost always win in a matched fight vs a clan that hardly has addy/mith or no addy/mith at all.

So yes, addy has a HUGE impact on smaller (50 vs 50ish is the max) fights. Also people tend to forget that people with turmoil have a high pray lvl. Which also helps a ton in fights. In NME for example most people have around 50 pray, compare that with TLP and Foe for example. Their avg pray lvl is in the 70-80 I believe. Defence and prayer affect a fight a lot.

When I compare NME with clans that have a lot of addy I put them into two completely different categories. Pures and semi-rune pures. So it does feel like an accomplishment when we beat such a clan. And it's ok when we lose vs such clans because they have huge advantages over NME. In even opt fights it's hard for NME to win. But hey? Nothing is impossible.

I believe this is the best reply so far. I really agree. I mean my clan (which does have moth and addy, but little of it) has trouble In those 15v15-20v20 fights sometimes simply because we're out defenced.

OAXBRSy.pngNbOowrk.png
3518xe0.png

It is impossible for a human to jump from earth into the sun un-assisted and survive.

Jus sayin.

Proud Mayhem Maker

well obviously it helps, defence/prayer helps just like more str, attack or range lvls helps, but prayer/def is the quick way, and not just quick but also extra way when fighting all the real pures.

..::PKin since classic '03 evildevilpy9.gif ::..

the clans with defense have all gotten defense to compete with MM originally and then with each other. now nme has come in and proved that it was actually skill mm was using to wipe the shitties and we're doing the same even with half the clans being main

Keep saying that to yourself sonnie. You probably weren't even a part of the pure community when clans started to allow 30def

Proud
11wacsx.jpg
of The Last Pures

the clans with defense have all gotten defense to compete with MM originally and then with each other. now nme has come in and proved that it was actually skill mm was using to wipe the shitties and we're doing the same even with half the clans being main

Keep saying that to yourself sonnie. You probably weren't even a part of the pure community when clans started to allow 30def

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Zack was an original member of The Pures meaning he's been in this community since ~2004?

Proud Mayhem Maker

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Zack was an original member of The Pures meaning he's been in this community since ~2004?

but was he active when 30 def was starting to be allowed?

def and pray obv help a **** ton for your clan's members during p2p/f2p trips, but individual levels dont matter as much as opts

but was he active when 30 def was starting to be allowed?

def and pray obv help a **** ton for your clan's members during p2p/f2p trips, but individual levels dont matter as much as opts

so does getting rune l0l may as well do that by that logic woo!!! omfg void robes are pwn lets get them!