Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Come join Epidemic v3.0....in Darkfall!

Jibs2ndpure

Note: If you don't want to read, vids of the game are at the bottom.

Hey everyone, been months since I've been on these boards and years since I've posted. I'm sure 90% of you have absolutely no idea who I am, so my name is Andrew and I was the co-founder of Epidemic and for a small time Warlord of Enemy. Since Epidemic fell in 2009 or whenever it was I've been playing a pvp orientated game called Darkfall. I made a post about it on Enemy's forums to try and get some people to try it out, but I decided to extend the offer to you guys as well. Back when I used to play there were many competitive people in other clans who would fit in perfectly in Darkfall.

So here's the post, send me a pm on these forums/stop by enemy's irc if you have any questions:

So it's been quite some time since my last post and even longer since I've talked to any of you. Yet I have still been keeping track of your guys' progress, and am aware there is some sort of combat update coming up that will supposedly kill pures off or some ****, didn't pay attention really.

What I do care about however is having this community continue. I'm pretty sure at least some of you will continue on through this update, yet I also know enough of you well enough to know that you hate this game and won't put up with some ****** update.

So here is where I extend my latest attempt to get you guys to come to Darkfall with me. For those of you that do not know/don't remember my past rants, Darkfall is a sandbox MMO focused entirely on PVP. There is no overall level like WOW, instead it's more like Runescape where you have a bunch of stats that can be raised up to a max of 100 individually. You have no class, every character can and will use melee, archery, and mage(of which there are a **** load of spells and branches of magic). It is also a full loot game like RS, the only difference being is there is no wilderness, anyone can kill anyone anywhere with only a few exceptions. There are quests, but they're more like Runescape quests where you don't have to do them if you don't want to.

However here's the aspect of the game where a community like ours would excel: player cities. Spread all along the map are player built and owned cities and villages that can be taken by other clans. This means that if some ****** ass clan is pissing you off and you want them gone, there's **** all they can do about it. You can take their cities for yourself or burn them to the ground and camp them til they quit, no1 will care including the game mods. There's also only 2 servers, European or American, so there's nowhere to hide(btw Americans can play on the EU server and vice versa.)

These player cities add a very intense element to the pvp aspect of the game. A clan like ours could excel at a game like this, if you were never played Runescape and were given a maxed character you could kill 99% of the playerbase without a problem more than likely. However if you did the same thing in Darkfall a veteran player would easily kill you on a character started 5 minutes ago. Individual skill matters a hell of a lot in this game due to it being free aim, you have to aim all archery and magic, as well as control your sword swings, making every fight highly interactive.

Previously it used to take months and months, possibly a year to be able to even get close to compete with veteran players, however they have increased skill gains by 20x. I started a brand new character with my roommate exactly one month ago now, and we're on equal ground with most players, and will be at veteran status within 2 weeks.

Ultimately if you were to join I can guerentee pvp every single day. My roommate and I have reformed Epidemic in Darkfall, and we are quickly rising in power. Currently we have around 80 people in our alliance and control 4 different cities across the map, with intentions of taking 1-2 others sometime this or next week. 3 days ago we had none of this, we are taking the game by force and now is the best time to join to get in on all the action of our rise to the top.

Tl;DR: Full loot, raping people in the face, burning down cities and ****, $10 a month sub(not even 5 bucks more than RS). Really ****** computers can run it.

Here's some pretty good vids of what the action looks like, the first one is a massive war I was in awhile back, the last one was only a few days ago:

(bout 500+ people fighting)

(good mounted combat)

(ship combat, be pirates bitches)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v244KrD48BY (last week, shows what you can expect as soon as you get in)

Seriously guys, this game is ******* badass, I wouldnt of spent 3 damn years trying to get you to come try it. I guerrentee as soon as any of you try this game youll be stuck on it and think all other pvp games blow ****. even if only 5 of you give it a shot it will help Epidemic out immensly, enough to where we could potentially take another city.

Any questions just send me a message, I'll also stop by in irc from time to time.

epsigac7.jpg

10$ for a membership? So can you play for free then pay like RS membership? Or always 10$

Sorry for not being clear, it's a $10 a month sub.

Honestly I'd recommend to anyone that likes open world pvp and full loot(which is why we all played rs in the first place?) that you need to try this game for just one month. You'll fall in love with it within one week, I guarantee.

epsigac7.jpg

I thought it would be 10 dollars just for the game and no monthly looking at those graphics and gameplay

MMORPG.com gave Darkfall 6/10,[46] praising its innovations, concepts and world design, but criticizing the lack of polish and the missing elements promised before the final release.

Game Observer gives Darkfall an overall score of 83/100.[47]

Eurogamer game reviewer Ed Zitron awarded the game a rating of 2 out of 10.[48] However, this review was not received well as it contained several basic gameplay description errors, and Darkfall lead developer Tasos Flambouras claims that game server logs show that the Eurogamer reviewer played the game for under three hours, a claim denied by the writer.[49] Eurogamer's subsequent offer to compromise by commissioning a second opinion review[50] (by noted games critic Kieron Gillen) was declined by Flambouras,[51] but was carried out anyway, being awarded 4/10.[52]

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/4/Darkfall.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/37/Runescape.html in comparison runescape got a 6.0 from mmorpg lol

2j2x7r5.jpg

OSBOW.png

0dlsG.png

I thought it would be 10 dollars just for the game and no monthly looking at those graphics and gameplay

MMORPG.com gave Darkfall 6/10,[46] praising its innovations, concepts and world design, but criticizing the lack of polish and the missing elements promised before the final release.

Game Observer gives Darkfall an overall score of 83/100.[47]

Eurogamer game reviewer Ed Zitron awarded the game a rating of 2 out of 10.[48] However, this review was not received well as it contained several basic gameplay description errors, and Darkfall lead developer Tasos Flambouras claims that game server logs show that the Eurogamer reviewer played the game for under three hours, a claim denied by the writer.[49] Eurogamer's subsequent offer to compromise by commissioning a second opinion review[50] (by noted games critic Kieron Gillen) was declined by Flambouras,[51] but was carried out anyway, being awarded 4/10.[52]

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/4/Darkfall.html

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/37/Runescape.html in comparison runescape got a 6.0 from mmorpg lol

I'd be wary of all reviews you see as they were all done back when the game launched 3 years ago. Back then everything was a retarded grindfest, like literally every skill/spell was like trying to get to level 99 in RS, it was retarded. In general everything just sucked and I quit as well about 2-3 months into it.

Now however everything is increased 20x. I started my char just less than 2 months ago and im nearly maxed, with most of my time spent pvping rather than leveling.

To Powrrr: All I have to say is the Darkfall population is a constant factor, the people who played 3 years ago are the ones who are still playing today. Once you pvp in Darkfall you don't go back, other games simply just suck.

EDIT: To Everyone: Judging by some of the responces I understand that the name 'Epidemic' might bring back some unpleasant memories of us to those of you that we were not on friendly terms with; however I assure you I hold no grudges, I don't even remember the names of most of my members let alone what past discrepancies I've had with some of you guys a few years ago. I'm just trying to get some of you guys into a game that I know pures in particular would love.

epsigac7.jpg