Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

My View on Defence.

Karl

Okay, there hasn't been any logical reasoning supporting higher def as pure, and the arguments denying certain defense levels as pure are rather lacking. I'm not surprised after seeing all the lack of intelligent posts on my teleporting topic. I think I can speak for every single intelligent individual on this forum when I say that I don't want to see any posts that contain an statement with no supporting evidence other than ridiculing all opposing views. Now anyways, I'll be here to discuss what actually is a pure.

Definition of Purity

What is a pure? A lot of people define it as a account with 1 defense, an account with 1-20 defense, and some people even define it as an account with 1-35 defense. The question is why defense? Let's say I make a new type of account called a Theta where you must have 30-40 strength and base a community around it. Would it be reasonable? Absolutely not, because I just arbitrarily chose a requirement. That's the exact same thing that is wrong with the pure world today. People choose the defense requirement entirely arbitrarily with no logical reasoning, only that it has been a tradition.

The purpose that 1 defense accounts were made back then was to have the best possible pking build at a given level. That means that if you face a random opponent, you will have the greatest chances of winning with a pure build. It has nothing to do with having low defense, or having a build strictly for offensive bonuses. It just so happens that offense bonuses help you win fights more than defense bonuses, that's why everyone is so adamant with the idea of low defense and we should break out of that habit. If certain defensive gear helps you win fights more than the counterpart offensive gear does, then having the higher def would be more pure.

Why is it essential that we must maximize our potential at our level? It's because of the way pvp/bh works. We are only able to fight others that are around our level. When you are fighting someone the same level as you, it is very advantageous that you have better stats than they do. The combat level system in Runescape is only a vague estimation of your combat abilities. It is a pure's job to exploit the combat level calculation system in their favor in order to attain the maximum combat capabilities at the lowest combat level.

So for the rest of this post, I will use this definition of being a pure:

Pure - An account with a combination of stats which allows for the greatest winning potential in a single 1 vs 1 fight excluding maxed out accounts.

General Rules of Purity

A pure is the best possible build at a certain level. Most people argue that to be a pure, you have to have 60- attack, 52- pray, 1 def, etc. What if I want to be the best possible build at a higher level, say 90? Then I would have to raise some stats don't I? If I build correctly to become the best possible account at lvl 90, then I would still be pure, just a higher level one. If I wanted to be the best possible account at level 20, there would be a specific build that would be best for level 20 as well. Yes, that does mean that 45 defense is pure, but it's a different type of pure. We call them Rune Pures. We do not fight Rune Pures in single or in wars, unless of course you have high attack/pray which makes you a different type of pure. Just because we are all classified under the name pure does not make us the same though. We all seek to achieve the same purpose, but we are not associated due to our level differences. The type of pure that we are interested in is the type with low defense.

Pures in F2P

What is the best possible build in f2p? It is 40 defense. I am 1 defense and I kill 40 defers all the time, and I'm sure that a lot of other 1 def pures here kill 40 defers all the time as well, but one thing that we can agree on is that they have a much higher chance of winning. An account with 40 attack and 40 defense will beat any 1 defense account in every single fight outside a very lucky hit. By my definition of being a pure, 40 defense is definitely the most pure in f2p, or 60 defense if you use corrupt dragon armor. There is another factor though. In f2p, the only fights worth fighting are fights without armor. Defense in f2p degrades pking entirely. Even though 40 defense will beat 1 defense, any fight where one or two of the combatants are in armor is a fight not worth fighting. For this reason, in f2p, 1 defense is the only pure.

Pures in P2P

Now this is where is gets interesting. There is no single definition of a p2p pure since there are many viable options. I will first go over what builds are pure and then what builds are not pure and explanations on why. I will classify everything as low, mid, and high level pures. Note that this is NOT the same classifications as we use, I am just simply using them as names.

Low Level Pures

60- Attack

52- Prayer

1 Defense

This is the most basic pure. The highest level they can attain is level 83. No matter what level their primary stats are, they will usually be the most formidable build.

Mid Level Pures

75-99 Attack

~99 Str

52-99 Pray

1 Defense

This is a pure with their offensive stats maxed out. With whips, godswords, and saradomin swords, they have an extremely high damage output for their level. They are too high to fight low level pures and for that reason they are classified as mid level pures/

60- Attack

~99 Atr/Range

52- Pray

45 Defense

This is the lower level rune pure. At 45 defense, you have tons of new options available. The only contender you have is the other mid level pure build. For that reason, these two builds are in the same category.

High Level Pures

~99 Attack

~99 Str

45 Defense

Melee option that you see in HF/VH/PX

150- Attack + Str

~99 Range

~99 Def

Range option you see in HF/VH/PX.

Impure Builds

13 Defense

A lot of people get 13 defense for rune gloves, but I think that it is just an excuse to wear better armor in wars. Rune gloves do nothing on top of adamant gloves. They give an additional +1 strength bonus which does not even affect your max hit at most levels. It's just the very odd level that makes it go up by one. The 13 defense costs 3 combat levels worth of defense. Your opponents will all have 6 more range, 9 more str, 12 more def, or a combination of them, but all you get is a measly +1 str bonus and black armor.

34 Defense

Barrows gloves isn't much better than rune gloves. You are getting +4 str bonus for 8 combat levels. The question is, does that make you the best at your combat level? The simple answer is absolutely not. Let's say you have 99 attack and 99 str. Your 45 defense counterpart will have 99 str and 91 attack. So when you are fighting a rune pure, they will have higher accuracy, damage, and defense than you, and they also have lunar. You are not just losing in one aspect, you are worse in every single way.

80 str/range 45 defense

If you are not maxed or almost maxed and you have 45 defense, you are not pure and you should not be pking. If you did not get the 45 defense and got higher primary stats instead putting you at the same level, you would be much better off. Until you max yourself out, you are not pure.

20 Defense

I'm not going to argue why 20 defense is not pure. I'm sure everyone out there with 20 defense even knows it.

75 Attack

A 75 attack pure is still pretty good, and definitely a viable option, but the levels that it gives you leaves range being an nonviable option. That's why I am hesitant to put 75 attack is perfectly pure. The extra combat levels it gives you makes you fight people with higher defense. Dscim and dds are fine, and you can also use them in a non +1 world unlike SS/GS.

Pures in Clans

Okay, enough about solo pking and onto warring. This is where purity is important to the pure community. We have to set standards on what is acceptable in wars and what is not.

Among the 3 categories of pures that I listed, we can automatically assume that low level pures are acceptable and high level pures are not. As for the mid level pures, I would accept the 99atk/str/1 def and not the 45 def one. The reason is that in pure wars, there is almost no difference between 99 attack and 60 attack. The only time it makes a difference is when attacking mithlords, but that doesn't mean 99 attack is impure, it means 20 defense is impure. If someone happens to have up to 25 defense, they must wear 1 defense gear. Having everyone in 10 defense gear is not a compromise. Having everyone in 1 defense gear is close to a compromise, but people with defense still have an advantage. I really don't know why people think that 10 defense wars is fair to both 20 defers and 1 defers. It is not at all fair. 1 def wars is close to fair, but a 25 defer wearing iron still tanks a lot longer than he should.

As a summary, this is what the standard of pure clans should be:

Pures

60- Attack

52- Pray

1 Def

Discouraged Pures

60+ Attack

or

52+Pray

or

5-25 Def (Must wear 1 defense armor)

The reason why I believe that discouraged pures can still be allowed in wars is because having high attack and prayer makes little difference. They cannot war with rune pures because not having defense does make a considerable difference when warring. If they have defense, then they must wear 1 defense gear. The advantage that 25 def gear gives above 1 def gear is same as the advantage that 45 def gear gives above 25 def gear. It is unfair to the 1 defense people.

It is 3:30 am now, I'm going to sleep and finishing this up later today. Feel free to comment now.

I saw the post and thought it might be good. Then, I read it. Thanks for wasting my time. You didn't help with the discussion at all; you created your own definition of a pure and expected us to follow it :dry:

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> its a fun mini war..

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> no one knew no single

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No what Ray has said IS THE DEFINITION OF PURES you ******* retard.

You guys decided to get defence whether it be on purpose or not. THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU A PURE.

1 defence is pure. If you have anything above it you're IMPURE.

Did you even read his post? Because yours does not synch with his at all. His "definition of pures" has nothing do to with the "pure community's" definition of pure; therefore, the majority of his post was completely off topic and, as I remember it, rather contradicting. (I haven't read it in a day or two and have no desire to read it again, so if I'm incorrect, sorry.)

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> its a fun mini war..

<[Foe]Jon|Sniping> no one knew no single

My post did stray from what most people believed to be pure. The intent of my post is to open up people's minds and ask themselves why is a pure defined by the defense level.

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

My post did stray from what most people believed to be pure. The intent of my post is to open up people's minds and ask themselves why is a pure defined by the defense level.

And I must say, you did change my views on it.

I take Ray's side on his argument on it.

mattyb.png
M4730.jpg
TPF - VO - EOP
Damn you're a nigger.

20def was for mystic mage bonus and now for corrupt armor. The first 30def pures were hacked or got it by mistake and they owned the rest of the wanna bes got deff because they are fans or some got by mistake/hacked.

pures is to have the best offensive at low combat. turmoil and 30def is the best new thing it owns and you will see it more and more [if they people can afford it]. **** happens jagex is giving out good bonus and **** with low xp rewards in def [slowly and slowly making pures get def by putting out good powerful things that give out little def xp]

what pisses me off the most if when **** pures with **** stats get 20-30def to tank in f2p. pures werent made to tank if you are getting def and using it for the wrong reasons you dont know what a pure is.

34 Defense

Barrows gloves isn't much better than rune gloves. You are getting +4 str bonus for 8 combat levels. The question is, does that make you the best at your combat level? The simple answer is absolutely not. Let's say you have 99 attack and 99 str. Your 45 defense counterpart will have 99 str and 91 attack. So when you are fighting a rune pure, they will have higher accuracy, damage, and defense than you, and they also have lunar. You are not just losing in one aspect, you are worse in every single way.

Using your own definition here. Best chance to win in a 1 v 1 w.e you know what it is. From my own experience this is a very good build if done correctly. I know because I did it myself. My stats were 60-94-34 with 90 range, 94 mage, and 31 prayer. Keeping the 60 attack and 31 prayer I was 83 combat, which is the maxed level of your "low level pure," which your claiming should be better than anybody in that level range. I was hitting 40's with d scim at that level. Higher than a maxed pure and noticable defense bonuses. Basically, I raped everybody I fought.

l2makepures and you can make it pwn dawgg

Arp-1.png

Why does it matter your defence level. If Pure Clans accept you your still qualified as a PURE

WRONG.

Member of EOP 10 FEB. 2010
99 Magic on 23 FEB. 2010
Legend of EOP 23 FEB. 2010
Elite Member of EOP 22 MARCH 2010
Quit EOP MAY 2010 - RETIRED
Member of EOP 12 JULY 2011

Ray that huge post you made was good but I agree with some of it. 85-99-20 vs 99-99-1, wearing their maxed bonus. +400 defence bonus and like +30 or somthing str bonus from all of their gear, not including a wep VS +100 defence MAYBE and like +15 strength. 85-99-20 is the best possible "mid level" pure, as it has the best chance to defeat its oponent. Then again, 60-99-30 with 95 prayer can hit 45? with a dragon scim at 95 combat and could beat the **** out of 85-99-20 and 99-99-1.

R.I.P. Epidemic 2/4/2010

Ily [Coz]<3

e7o30z.jpg