Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

My View on Defence.

Karl

1, is pure, you can't debate it.

Some pure started getting 5 defence back in the day, by accident (Whip, etc), others got 10 for Black (g) so they could look good, this was all accepted.

20 defence was later accepted, for initiate although some people didn't class it as pure. Untiil the wilderness was removed and clan wars was released.

This brings me to my opinions, I'm not saying these are facts, nor am I having a dig at those who have these defence levels.

25 defence, in my opinion simply isn't pure, the only benefit you get is infinity and I rarely see a normal pure pking in it, however, more and more people have got 25 defence by accident. This will then lead on to 30 defence becoming more accepted as people think "Oh it's only 5 levels", but the thing is, it's 25 levels over what was classed as pure.

What's annoying me now is soon 35 defence will be accepted (For barrows gloves). When 35 defence is no where near pure, next 40 will be accepted (For rune), then you will have 45 defence being accepted (berserker helm).

At what point do we draw the line? At what point do clans out there stop accepting people with higher than a certain defence level? Because if this continues, the pure community, will no longer be pure at all. We will just be known as clans, not pure clans.

Dicuss, post your opinions. Opinions don't have to be flames for you trolls out there.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxed 20 defence w/ 52 prayer f2p combat is something like 100 combat so even that's pushing it. You're absolutely right imo because a 100+ combat pure? Nty. People like Zos Pet and Mercy Blitz are like 117 combat; 9 levels under the MAX f2p combat. Someone tell me how that is supposed to be pure, rofl.

Just because some update comes out DOES NOT mean we can change the definition of pure.

fdvo0z.png

No one really set in stone a definition of a pure.

Until that is done - which will never happen because of the big headed people - your argument is invalid.

Just pointing that out, although I agree with what you're saying.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

I hope people don't become dumb enough to think 35 defence or anything higher is pure. 30 defence is already accepted in many clans, there's just not an abundant amount of them. I think 1 defence is pure, 10 is pure, 15 is pure, 20 is Pure tanker or some **** lol. I GUESS 25 is pure, but I hope it doesn't escalate and hopefully 40 defence is pure, that should NEVER become pure when you're able to wear Rune, rofl.

TGGBanner2.png

Proud Leader of The Golden Gods

Jesus, why do we make so many of these topics?

Whatever happened, way back when pure meant focusing on one specific stat, like pure range or pure mage, and when hybrid[ meant using more than one skill like Mage/Range hybrid?

That changed when magic no longer raised your cb on top of melee/mage

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

That changed when magic no longer raised your cb on top of melee/mage

Wow this guy is smart. :blush:

Member of EOP 10 FEB. 2010
99 Magic on 23 FEB. 2010
Legend of EOP 23 FEB. 2010
Elite Member of EOP 22 MARCH 2010
Quit EOP MAY 2010 - RETIRED
Member of EOP 12 JULY 2011