Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Immortality

Ray

Here's the scenario:

You are terminally ill and you will die in two weeks time. An angel approaches you and offers you a potion. This potion will grant you immortality at the expense that will must murder one person a week. If you do not murder one person by the end of 7 days, your body will take control of itself to murder the closest individual. Do you drink the potion or not?

P.S. Let's try to get a philosophical debate going on so try to avoid arguing practical reasons or giving one line answers.

addyv.jpg

bestposter.png

smartestposter.png

• 1 month later...

I'd drink it, for every murder I commit, I can save lives by being immortal (INvincible)

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

alot of people talk about how, yeah i can shoot someone or stab someone, but when ur faced in the conflict of actually doing it, takes a lot of balls to do it. dont think ill drink the potion

Attack Big Alex 67(Level-85+10)/ 2 more options

ba67.png

bigalex672.png

I believe in End justifies the means.

If you can save millions by killing hundreds, then I'd be up for that.

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Leader of Malice

Keeping this purely about the moral issues;

I'd like to say I wouldn't do it, that killing a human for my own petty life is something I cannot commit to, above all not when there is no alternative, such as killing myself when it becomes too much for me. However, as I am a very vain person and as I believe that the life of one man is extremely miniscule in comparison to the infinite of time and space, I probably would agree to the aforementioned terms. I do acknowlege morality as a very important issue but moreso do I value such a straight-forward and simple opportunity to help mankind. For one in it's scientific research, for they could send me to mars to study the surface or to the bottom of the sea to record data of all living things on our own planet we have not yet documented. More importantly could I, with this gift of immortality, END ALL RELIGIOUS FEUD. Imagine a Jesus in our modern world of video-recording and high technology. I could unify all religions and end all religious quarrel with my tale of an ANGEL (biblical I assume?) giving me an endless life and there would be no dispute with my evidence via demonstration. Does this act not also earn me moral-kudos? Whether I would be at peace with myself or not is a question not many can answer, as not many have felt the power of saving millions of lives in contrast to just one, an act for the community as a whole. And just as a side-note, I could get my +1 killcount per day by working at an abortion clinic.

In the real case;

I'd say 'no' to any form of immortality, since I wish to keep my right to die one day and see if there is a god, if there is a heaven or if there is nothing.

MEANINGLESS APHORISM HERE

So you can relate to the movie "Wanted"?

=P

Refresh the movie for be brotha

We're talking about one person though.

I don't wanna get to fictional on this, but being immortal can allow you to do endless "stuff" for the world.

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Leader of Malice

• 1 month later...
**** ya id scape by day and kill by night

That's really what I would do. I'd probably move away from my friends and loved ones to a highly populated poor place to kill people

TH IS MY ONE

**** ya id scape by day and kill by night

That's really what I would do. I'd probably move away from my friends and loved ones to a highly populated poor place to kill people

TH IS MY ONE