Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

[Resurgence] [Buck Fitches]

Volt

Kentucky's Brandon Knight, Terrence Jones and DeAndre Liggins have declared for the NBA draft, the school announced on Wednesday.

None of the three has hired an agent or announced plans to do so.

Coach John Calipari said he supported the three players exploring the possibilty of entering the NBA.

"They were a joy to coach this year and I would love the opportunity to continue to coach them again next season," Calipari said in a statement released by the school. "I will always support my players in weighing their options and doing what is personally best for them and their families."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21321...t#ixzz1K6aiAmDl

PM if you need assistance.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti announced that the team has recalled guard/forward Robert Vaden from the Tulsa 66ers of the NBA Development League.

Vaden, who helped lead the 66ers to the D-League semifinals, averaged 16.8 points, 4.3 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 32.3 minutes in four postseason games for the 66ers. During the regular season, he averaged 10.4 points, 2.4 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 28.0 minutes in 45 games (17 starts).

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21322...e#ixzz1K6algwxY

GO THUNDERRRRRRRRRR

Brandon Roy was Portland's last substitute in Tuesday's Game 2 loss at Dallas.

“I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little hurt, or disappointed,'' Roy said. “But the biggest thing is to keep moving, to try and keep my spirits up. But it's tough man. I just …. I just always thought I would be treated better. That was a little disappointing for me.''

Roy played a scoreless 7:59, missed his only shot from the field, missed both of his free throws, and made one turnover.

Roy said he believes he can still help this team, but he can't do it the way Nate McMillan used him in Game 2.

“I come in the last sub of the first quarter … then OK, I'm in there for (2:36), then I play, then it's the end of the quarter,'' Roy said. “Then I start the second and Bam! I'm right back on the bench again. I mean, I don't know what I could have done! Then I sit, and he puts Patty and Rudy in before me. I know physically I have to play, but mentally, how do I just go …''

Roy said he and McMillan had not spoken, and that he didn't plan on approaching McMillan on the team's long flight home.

“I think my nature I've never been one to confront. Never been the one to create controversy,'' Roy said. “I think coach is comfortable with his guys and it's hard for him to get me back in there. If that's what he is comfortable with, then I'm going to try and support the team. And if he can get us past (the first round), then he can. I just always thought I would be treated a little better, but … it is what it is. I'll be all right. I'll go home see my kids, and be happy.''

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21320...2#ixzz1K6at9H1R

ROY is a beast and I was dissapointed in game 2.

While Rick Adelman feels comfortable not returning as head coach of the Rockets, he is not ready to call his coaching career over.

"I definitely would look at situations," Adelman said. "It's not like I'm retiring. I'm OK with doing something else. We'd like to travel. We'd like to do things we weren't able to do because of basketball. If there is no basketball, we're ready for that. But I would look at things if they come up."

After several days of talks, he and general manager Daryl Morey could not agree on the circumstances that would lead Morey to make Adelman an offer or for Adelman to accept it.

"I feel OK," Adelman said. "It's always a sad thing when you depart a situation, no matter what the reasons. There are good people here you get to know. It's always hard.

"They wanted things to be different than they were. Some I was fine with. Some I wasn't.

"The direction the team was going and how they were going to get there, the way things are going to be done in the future, I was not comfortable with some of that."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21320...e#ixzz1K6b2O273

Before Game 2, Doc Rivers prophesized about a prevalent series misperception: that the Knicks would try to run and the veteran legs of Boston would try to reel the pace back in and play a halfcourt game.

“If we can score easy baskets and get into a transition game on our end, we’re good with that,” Rivers said. “We don’t want them to do that, but we want to run. I think that’s probably something that people are probably wrong a lot when they talk about our team, but we want to run, because in a halfcourt, slower game, it’s easier to help off of Rondo and clog up our offense. But when we’re in transition and the ball’s moving, we’re pretty good.”

After two games, Boston has 26 fast-break points to the Knicks’ 6.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21321...s#ixzz1K6bDTkYz

BUCK FOSTON!@

Rajon Rondo scored 30 points and dished out seven assists in the 96-93 win by Boston over the Knicks in Game 2.

Aside from 4 points courtesy of free throws, all of Rondo’s points at that stage came on a path straight through the paint to the basket. It was an approach Celtics coach Doc Rivers wanted to see from his point guard.

“It was good to see he can do that, that he’s going to do that,’’ Rivers said.

“I think I tried to attack Game 1, just my layups were getting blocked and I didn’t make a couple,’’ Rondo said. “But [last night] I made them, I stayed aggressive, I tried to expose them because I don’t think they did a great job getting back in transition. But they made an adjustment. In the second half I tried to go to my guys, Paul [Pierce], Ray [Allen], and Kevin [Garnett].’’

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21320...s#ixzz1K6bXQVbi

Rondo is nasty.

After Sunday’s 33-point, 14-assist effort, Chris Paul’s 18-game playoff averages stand at 22.5 and 11.2.

“Just as a player,” said Hornets backup point guard Jarrett Jack, one of Paul’s best friends. “You marvel at the ability he has.”

Paul’s career playoff totals for points and assists exceed those of Magic Johnson (19.5 points, 12.3 assists), Oscar Robertson (22.2 points, 8.9 assists), Isiah Thomas (20.4 points, 8.9 assists), Jerry West (29.1 points, 6.3 assists), Michael Jordan (33.4 points, 5.7 assists), John Stockton (13.4 points, 10.1 assists), Bob Cousy (18.5 points, 8.6 assists), Kobe Bryant (25.6 points, 4.8 assists), and Larry Bird (23.8 points, 6.5 assists)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/21319...s#ixzz1K6biQOBs

CP33333333333333333333