Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Recruiting people from every clan...

Bob

counterstrikesource1.png

for some Counter-Strike:Source action. :D

Mods: Before you move this, I totally know this is not *exactly* in the right section but I know posting in here will reach out to more people from the community. Think about it for a second. You are not paid to mod these forums, you just do it because you care about the future of this community. Well, this is an excellent opportunity for clan members from every clan to mix together, play something else, have fun and realise that members from other clans are cool too. Perhaps this will create friendly links between clan members and will tune down the flaming and ********. Honestly, this is only one topic in the middle of a million pointless topics (no offense to you guys who made them; you were simply trying to make this section more active.). Just leave it here for a while, perhaps a lot of people are interested and it will actually help the community. Give it a chance.

Why is CS:S a good choice for a game?

- It is fairly cheap (currently one time payment of 20$ and you own the game forever). It also often comes on discount at ridiculous prices, as low as 5$ or 10$. Keep an eye out, link is here...

- This is the best competitive FPS out there. Okay, CS 1.6 is more competitive because of the gameplay, but CS:S is a good balance between graphics, bugs and gameplay. Everyone who use to play any COD and who bought the game in the last month with me love it and quit COD. Trust me, this is much better.

- The game has low spec requirements.

- A LOT of people already have the game. This being an old game, I know for a fact a huge amount of people have a steam account laying around with the game on it. Start playing again with us, you'll love it. Also if you don't have it, it would be really easy to find a friend who could lend you his steam account with the game on it for free.

- It's a two side competitive team game. This will force people from different clans to mix together and play as a team. Teamwork and chemistry is a huge part of this game. This could be a good opportunity to meet new people from the pure community.

- The new CS:GO is coming out in 2012 and it will most likely be the new most played competitive FPS. If any of you are in FPS, you want to play CS:S or CS 1.6 now to get the edge over your friends when GO comes out. :P

More about how this all started...

Two months or so ago, the game was on sale and an old friend (Boomer) noticed me about it. Since I had quit runescape over a year ago and I still wanted to keep in touch with my old friend, I figured this ownage game with low computer spec requirements for only 5$ would be an extremely good opportunity. I knew it was a good game cause I've played it for years competitively. So I told a bunch of my friends and they bought it. Right now we have about 20 people playing from the pure community. Most of my close RS friends being from NME, the majority are in NME, we still have a couple people from other clans. My goal is for this to not be associated with any clan, just be a good opportunity to play a game with ya'll. That is why I'm looking to expand and why I am making this topic here.

F.A.Q. (To answer all your questions.)

Please post questions here so I can add to the following list...

Q: When are you playing?

A: Always. Simple answer eh? We just play whenever people are on and we feel like playing. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, whatever... We have a big GMT and PST/EST unit. We literally can play all the time.

Q: How can you join us?

A: Again, very simple, right now we use NME's TS server. You can connect at teamspeak.nme-rs.com:1337

You can also easily contact me on IRC, my nicks are [E]Bawb and Bawb[AFK]. I'll be happy to help with anything.

Q: Are you trying to recruit us to NME's community?

A: No I am not. I'm not one to walk around the pot. I just want to get more people to play this game because the more people = the more fun. If you are too close minded to consider playing because we are on another clan's TS server, just don't come play. That simple.

Q: Are people currently playing, good? How many people are currently playing?

A: Not really. Other than myself and another friend (James) played competitively. Most of the people currently playing (about 80-90% of them) bought the game less than a month or two ago. To put it simple, we are beginners. We currently have a little over 20 people playing.

I will shortly be contacting clan leaders about posting a little topic on their forums to promote this idea. I'm trying to make this big.

Thanks for reading.

-Bob

[E]Bawb or Bawb[AFK] in #Epidemic.
Don't hesitate to PM if you need anything.

am5atu.png
favcl.png
I

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason most of the people in the pure community play games like Haxball, League of Legends, Minecraft, etc. CS:S looks fun though so wouldn't hurt to try it.

Keep an eye out on League of Legends, when Gangplank gets nerfed to the ground EOP is closing

111106164814.png

hsig1.png

Only have 1.6, and cba wasting more time gaming ;p

If you're good at 1.6 come test your skills on CS:S. Borrrow the game from a friend or something. Who knows, you might like it more..

I still prefer cod :l

I'm confused about this answer, what do you mean "still"? Have you tried CS:S already?

Only have 1.6, and cba wasting more time gaming ;p

1.6 > css

Define ">" and "better". It's a more competitive game. There are more bugs and lesser graphics. I hardly see how it can qualify as a "better" game. Try out CS:S.

GunZ mate

yayaya.

am5atu.png
favcl.png
I

haha interesting i used to play CS source a few years ago. if i find anywhere selling game for cheap ill for sure buy it again and play with y'all

Proud founder of Violent Demise
Proud Member of Intense Redemption
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
intense.png

haha interesting i used to play CS source a few years ago. if i find anywhere selling game for cheap ill for sure buy it again and play with y'all

Awesome. Keep an eye out on the steam shot I guarantee it'll drop to 5$ for whatever reason within a few months.

Also I'm fairly confident all the people saying 1.6 is better than source are just following what pro 1.6 players say and are totally clueless why 1.6 is better. Do you guys even play in teams to say 1.6 is better or do you just pub lol?

am5atu.png
favcl.png
I

Make a steam group so you can check out for events etc, othwise I'd never know when to go online.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Enemy_Friends

Not everyone is in it tho and we don't post events much on there right now. However it's a good tool to have everyone on your friend list and know when we're playing.

Looking forward to play with you R3lv. :)

am5atu.png
favcl.png
I

Help me dl it

PM me on IRC. I'll be happy to help you.

you really think it'll be the number 1 fps, hmmmm...

"The new CS:GO is coming out in 2012 and it will most likely be the new most played competitive FPS."

It will for sure. CS 1.6 is the current most played competitive FPS game. The COD series are for pubs (the majority of casual gamers) but if you're looking for a game where you really can improve and rely on your skills. 1.6 is the best FPS game for that, CS:S comes next (although CS:S has less bugs & better graphics). CS:GO looks promising and if the gameplay is good enough, it'll move the people from 1.6 to GO and will be the most played competitive FPS.

There's a reason CS is still played even tho it came out in 2000, over 11 years ago.

am5atu.png
favcl.png
I