Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

How do you judge what clan is better? Wildy vs Clan Wars, discussion

Num Nums

Clan wars shows quality in members, wildy shows quality in leadership (when and if it's close to matched opts)

Explain, because your wildy reasoning makes no sense to me.

CWA is a secluded area with limited distance and terrain to make movement calls with, wilderness is very open and requires far more organization and, of course, a leader to call these organized movements. I don't mean to offend you, but I doubt any leaders, except the ranks of FOE, know anything about what I'm talking about.

I doubt the new leadership of foe, but walli sure. The new guys got handed a number one clan and just use leaks to crash other fights. No work or strategy required - when the fights are evently matched, the experience of their old guys does the work for them, nothing else.

As for you lol, the last time we went head to head your only strategy was to return long enough for the heavy Dutch side to lose members. Against clans like NPO though I guess you do well.

Anyway back on topic, Clanwars has become such a single type of specialized fighting now, but there are a few tricks that you can throw in that show the knowledge of the callers. Wildy is so open to innovation in tactics, so yes I would agree that in a perfect community the wild would really bring out who is strategically better, but the crashing has got so far out of hand now that fights last an upwards of 10 seconds, so they show nothing other than which big clans have lost their old respect and desperately base their trips off of KDR.

But the top clan these days is obviously the one you have the most fun being apart of, even in such a **** pure community.

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clan wars shows quality in members, wildy shows quality in leadership (when and if it's close to matched opts)

CWA is a secluded area with limited distance and terrain to make movement calls with, wilderness is very open and requires far more organization and, of course, a leader to call these organized movements. I don't mean to offend you, but I doubt any leaders, except the ranks of FOE, know anything about what I'm talking about.

I doubt the new leadership of foe, but walli sure. The new guys got handed a number one clan and just use leaks to crash other fights. No work or strategy required - when the fights are evently matched, the experience of their old guys does the work for them, nothing else.

As for you lol, the last time we went head to head your only strategy was to return long enough for the heavy Dutch side to lose members. Against clans like NPO though I guess you do well.

Anyway back on topic, Clanwars has become such a single type of specialized fighting now, but there are a few tricks that you can throw in that show the knowledge of the callers. Wildy is so open to innovation in tactics, so yes I would agree that in a perfect community the wild would really bring out who is strategically better, but the crashing has got so far out of hand now that fights last an upwards of 10 seconds, so they show nothing other than which big clans have lost their old respect and desperately base their trips off of KDR.

But the top clan these days is obviously the one you have the most fun being apart of, even in such a **** pure community.

ohno1vw.gif

It's definitely clan wars. I mean when the same 10 people turn up to fight on the same map and hug the same trees against the same clan at the same time every day, you can't get a better clan.

Proud Ex - High Council of Epidemic
Proud Ex - Leader of Enemy
Proud Mayhem Maker

Well that's true, Walli probably is their only leader with a brain this year, no flame intended really by 'a brain' I mean above average.

As for our fights, we never started with zerkers in our cc like you did. I can't believe you guys are that far in denial to our superiority over you lol This new "TR" wasn't even TR, it was about 10~ old members and a lot of outbreak/ex-havoc/ex-ir/ex-etc carrying your clan with levels and sniping, reason why your trips were really horrible was because you lacked the leadership to keep organization. 'TR' v2 is a perfect example of the difference between clan wars and wilderness. Give me the members that you were lucky to have from hype and it would've been a different story.

Back on topic, @Tayabb, that's based on opinion, as some clans attract members based on what they're known for (such as Havoc and Clan Wars, people don't join us with the expectation of us pulling 70 to a trip and getting 400 kills to 30 deaths, they join us knowing they'll like the experience from our Clan Wars game)

111106164814.png

hsig1.png

Success is determined by consistency in both, but if I had to pick I'd probably go with wilderness.

Although matched clan wars fights are more fair and prove which clan is better man for man, I don't think it's supposed to be fair. When two countries go to war, they don't ask each other for matched opts. It's not meant to be fair and that's why clans who can't adapt to either the wilderness or clan wars aren't as successful.

i lol'd :teehee: couldn't have said it better myself

Well first of all this isn't a war it is a video game and in no way possible does this game try to simulate real life.

So using that argument logically doesn't make sense.

BUT if you were to use war as an analogy countries have had certain rules. A prime example was the Civil War

in the United States. Like an example of a rule was that after a certain time of day both sides agreed not to

fight.

Now to elaborate more on why I feel the wildy isn't a true test of skill and organization for clans is nothing new.

People may have already mentioned it but the Wilderness is based mainly on numbers. It just doesn't make

fights fair.

I feel if clan wars was around before the wilderness and had more maps & certain features like the ability

for multiple clans to fight at once inside people would flock to it. BUT since the wilderness was the first place

for pvp it gains a lot of favor.

At the end of the day the discussion seems to really be what is your definition of fair? What is your definition

of showing talent, skill, and organization? And then based on your answers from those questions you will

choose which one suits a clan better.

Click for the cookies
IKJ0k.gif

I doubt the new leadership of foe, but walli sure.

you're doubting wrong

The new guys got handed a number one clan and just use leaks to crash other fights. No work or strategy required

> as if we never fought in the wild without leaks

> implying using leaks is bad when no clan is willing to fight

- when the fights are evently matched, the experience of their old guys does the work for them, nothing else.

- because majority of the old school foe are still active, right?

not sure where you're getting your facts from or where the hate is coming from, but you need to chill lol

OT: wildy in the long-run

Quit RS August '12

Ex-High Council of Final Ownage Elite

Proud to have been apart of the Ownage

If being handed the #1 clan by a person who got it there, and said person was to go inactive/leave, would the #1 clan not fall apart and stop in its tracks?

You my friend are quite the ignant one. Stupid if I may add as none of what you said is true.

Want to talk about experience? Fullout MM in F2P. All their pro oldschoolers come back. That's using oldschool. We breed the best p2p pures in runescape. Both on a clan and solo level. You mad your mains couldn't do **** to us?