Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Proposition

Viesturs

My 2 cents on the 30 defence ordeal

Why has any sort of defence have ever been tolerated in the pure community?

For the pay to play bonuses. First off it was 20 defence for mystic, rune gloves and initiate armour. Then it was 30 defence for the handcannon, turmoil and w/e you mains use.

What are the chances that the whole community stops fearing the consequences, grows some balls and bans 30 def?

Honestly, not good. With many people getting defence to help out their clans and then getting booted for it, it would create an outrage and we'd lose a lot of valued members of this community. Also, people are too stubborn to accept that it's wrong.

So what's the proposition?

Mandatory 1 def gear for f2p trips.

What's your reasoning behind such a preposterous proposition?

• If you got 30 def for p2p bonuses, then make sure they stay in that server
  • one defence armour is far lighter than mith or addy, you can return faster and you can move around longer in wars
  • Many top clans such as MM/FOE in the HPC bracket and NME in the MPC bracket are doing better than most of you and they don't use addy.
  • In a previous topic it said that 70% of people don't think 30 def is pure. This would be a first step towards earning their respect and possibly getting new applicants
  • better mobility in the wild
  • a display of maturity and cooperation that could go a long way in healing this community
  • less head on fights, more binders, more interesting and demanding fights

What about clans that rely entirely on their defensive bonuses to compete?

There are only a few clans who are in such a situation and sadly they influence a lot of the other ones. The reality of this is that it works both ways. IF everyone agreed to this the def clans would eventually be subdued by the rest of the community.

LOL nerd na 30 def #1, we pwn u noob lmao

Also, anyone who wears addy to f2p is gay.

Reference (sorry for the bad quality, could find anything better):

What about p2p?

Lets take it one step at a time
smartestposter.png

Proud Master of Negative.

Proud Ex-Member of Malice

Proud Member of Enemy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bright lights, and the skyline won't let me loose my way, cause I know somehow, somethings going to change!" :)

30 def just needs to gtfo. The amount of 120s in p2p minis and sht got old really quick. To the point where I don't even mini anymore. It's not even fun. None of us can stop enforcing a ban of 30 defence :thumbsup:

29q01op.jpg

Coming at Full Force since February 1st, 2012.

hzsigbrol.png
Retired 6/28/14

30 def just needs to gtfo. The amount of 120s in p2p minis and sht got old really quick. To the point where I don't even mini anymore. It's not even fun. None of us can stop enforcing a ban of 30 defence :thumbsup:

There's no point enforcing a ban on 30 defence if the clans won't comply.

It's gone too far and the best thing to do right now is to find a compromise.

smartestposter.png

Proud Member of Enemy

Might be true, but still.

Clans don't have to comply, they can be forever exile :thumbsup:.

Hopefully some of the true leaders understand the meaning of being "Pure" still, and convert back. I have a strong feeling some will. I know some clans are in the talks.

It's also a strong mindset, If new clans open up (obviously they will), they should take my advice and accept 1-10 defence, or ATLEAST 1-20.

29q01op.jpg

Coming at Full Force since February 1st, 2012.

hzsigbrol.png
Retired 6/28/14

If you really thought making the 5th topic this week asking people to "retire the addy" or "ban addy" or "make 1 def mandatory on trips" is going to change how anyone runs their clan or how anyone feels about addy then you're mistaken.

If you really thought making the 5th topic this week asking people to "retire the addy" or "ban addy" or "make 1 def mandatory on trips" is going to change how anyone runs their clan or how anyone feels about addy then you're mistaken.

Wanted to speak my mind, while raising some points that could(or not) influence people.

I know it may not have much of an effect on the current leaders and I don't much care about doing that, as they're focused on keeping 30 def at all costs, but it might give something to think about to the members and the future leaders.

smartestposter.png

Proud Member of Enemy

you dont need to play runescape , if you dont like the "" new "" pure community you can just retire.

I did retire like 4 months ago or so, just recently came back to join Enemy due to Altus being so awesome. Every fight we had, there was this one moment where a call on ts was made that the opponent has no run, followed by swift movements which resulted in us taking advantage of pretty much every fight we had.

It seems all these clans depend on def to compete, you can't change what clans need to survive. If you're sick of this, join the Pink side of the force to faster eradicate these pests.

Already Green, sorry.

smartestposter.png

Proud Member of Enemy

I was maxed 35 defence 122 combat.

Made a baby pure and it's 10x better because it actually has purpose.

It's also funny and more rewarding beating people 50 combats higher than you; refer to last nights p2p prep with NME + IR

MS64q.png
j8qil.png
FcleS.png
- Ex @Overseer of Intense Redemption -
Proud Ex +Legend of Enemy

i agree with this, but all the clans that actually need defence to survive won't.

good thought, but it'll never happen

2dk9t03.png
i sometimes think cp is the only honest clan left in the world =(

(23:32:02) <[CP]Toxine> You just got into the pure community
(23:32:06) <[CP]Toxine> you're talking to the guy who inovated it

Ohhh to be young and so confused <3

I was maxed 35 defence 122 combat.

Made a baby pure and it's 10x better because it actually has purpose.

It's also funny and more rewarding beating people 50 combats higher than you; refer to last nights p2p prep with NME + IR

Nme just got lucky lololo...prep any other clan that accepts 30 def nd try 30v30

2q8tuzr.png
73jbi9.png
jsc3mx.png
2ppx1d3.png

You're not capable or have the power to manipulate anyone into changing for the "better" of the pure community. Things won't change, but people won't realize it.. we're in too deep ladies.

People make clans to run it the way they like. Nice opinion on the subject but clearly out of your hands and this communities :).
2nbekbn.jpg
2djs2dz.png
Proud +Experienced Member Of Annihilation
34g7xv5.png

Alex | Asim | Brit | Drewz | Halloween | Lil Nick | Malik | Sharpy | Tylur | Ultama | Zetix | Zetex | Zot