Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Highlight IRC

NoSympathyy

Hey "Pure Warfare & Forum... bloggers?"

Okay, if you know a lot about IRC and are aware of the Customization process of changing your IRC highlight noise from a "PING" sound to something else, then, well, read on if you want too! BUT this is just a little something I found out for myself and anyone else who doesn't know of may find handy.

Problem;

I keep getting mass-highlighted in Clan-Channels when they're heading out for a trip, that "PING" highlighting noise drives me insane sometimes especially when 5-6 channels are spam-highlighting you 4-5+times in 10 seconds!

To the point;

I changed that noise to something less calmer rather then a destructive PING that catches you off-guard being so loud due to you previously listening to music on a full-blast radius to it finally coming to an end and leaving the volume up, well, rookie mistake PINGGG PINGGG PINGGGGGG PING PINGGGGG ... "F*****K"

Just me?

Anyways;

Go ahead and change it yourselves if you wish :P

Start > Options > Irc > TICK [Custom highlight sound] (Left hand collum) > "Browse" > Go to; Computer > (Acer or whatever you're comp is called (C:)) > Windows > Media > Scroll down and select your sounds. You've done this right (I'm aware of as I have the same Laptop/Comp maker) if you see "chimes, chord, ding, ir_end" etc.

^

-- Note; I am on a Laptop, Acer and have Windows.

May differ upon other types of laptops/computers.

Just a little something to count as a post-count and to keep the forums active, yet alone perhaps someone learnt something :P

Meh, I found it interesting :P

Cheers!

It's not about the amount of hits you give,

It's about the amount you can take and keep moving forward.

NoSympathites, ONWARDS!

SPECTACULAR!

Irc Chan; #NS

Youtube/xShapershifterx

Thanks for that! I was beginning to go crazy to the point of always leaving IRC after 10 minutes.

Off-Topic: Nice name there guy :P

~Nosympathy

You're the guy who had the name I wanted 3 years ago. Grr! The day I finally meet you, everyone always says to me "Are you the real one"? Bit hard to answer since I'm just a pixel upon a screen but otherwise, never knew there was a "Nosympathy" that played RS still.

Drop me a add in-game :P

It's not about the amount of hits you give,

It's about the amount you can take and keep moving forward.

NoSympathites, ONWARDS!

SPECTACULAR!

Irc Chan; #NS

Youtube/xShapershifterx

when we mass for trips we just do a highlight based on [WAR] tags because so many people complained about it :P but helpful, thanks

I get highlighted alot in #bnc because one of the developers' names is Jake >.<

2dk9t03.png
i sometimes think cp is the only honest clan left in the world =(

(23:32:02) <[CP]Toxine> You just got into the pure community
(23:32:06) <[CP]Toxine> you're talking to the guy who inovated it

Ohhh to be young and so confused <3